Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:15 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Yes kjbril i do have to agree with you on the time. On a good day it will take you 50 min. to get from downtown cincy to dayton. I in fact did this once i forgot the reason why anyway i did this once and as what i remember it took about 55 min. to get from downtown cincy to dayton. Imagine what it would be like in traffic, geez i say about 1 and a half and up.
For some reason, people continue to undervalue the length of a commute. I don't know whether they just cannot accept how much time they are spending on the road or not. If I leave my house here in Mason, it is at least 10-12 minutes before I even get to I-75. And if during the rush hours more than that. I just know portal-to-portal is much more lengthy than most people want to admit. Whether it is to justify where we live I do not know.

I just know this, if you have the opportunity to minimize your commute, do it. As I have said many times the last 20 years of my working career, when I was less than 1/2 mile from the office, were undoubtedly the best of my life. I live in a suburb. which I love, but feel like I am in an urban enrivonment since the distance to anything I need is minimal. At 73 maybe I can't walk it but I sure as Hell can drive it in less than 5 minutes. If I stretch it out, say down to Lowe's near Deerfield Towne Center, maybe 15 miuites.

If I decide to go to Kenwood Towne Center, make it at least 45 minutes, basically because getting in their parking lot and finding a place to park is at least a 15 minute proposition. Since my mother passed in 2007, she liked McAlpins/Dillards, I have been there exactly 0 times. Absolutely no reason to go there.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Yes kjbril i do have to agree with you on the time. On a good day it will take you 50 min. to get from downtown cincy to dayton. I in fact did this once i forgot the reason why anyway i did this once and as what i remember it took about 55 min. to get from downtown cincy to dayton. Imagine what it would be like in traffic, geez i say about 1 and a half and up.
You drove to Dayton "once"? You don't say. I guess that settles it.

You ask us to "imagine" this commute in traffic but clearly your imagination is running wild. Why we continue to ignore the posters who do/did this commute on a regular basis is beyond me. If you leave downtown Cincinnati and head north, "1 and a half and up" hours later you'll be pushing Sidney and points beyond. Your time exaggerations coupled with your admitted lack of knowledge on this matter sound absurd to people who travel this route regularly. And I don't care if you drove to Dayton "once" or kjbrill drove to the Dayton airport for a flight back in 1998 ... you're wrong. Kjbrill, after all, prides himself in rarely leaving Mason, yet we're to believe his time estimates between two cities he hasn't visited in years? His estimate for how long it would take to walk to Barrow, Alaska, is as credible.

Bottom line: Under no circumstances, short of an asteroid impact somewhere around Monroe, does it take 90 minutes to drive between Dayton and Cincinnati. I-75 is now at least - at least - four lanes in its entirely between the 257 and the 675; it flows seemlessly and without interruption.

Honestly, you guys are making this region sound like the Boston-Washington corridor.

Last edited by abr7rmj; 10-02-2012 at 11:56 PM..
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati