Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:30 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,451,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynMelRN2007 View Post
DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL...This is what is wrong with this city. Granted Cincy isnt as bad as maybe Detroit or others but there is a definate gang problem. There is no conspiracy or coverup its out there and ppl just dont want to believe it. Gang activity is everywhere from OTR to the suburbs...just more defined in some areas. There are alot of decent safe pockets throughout the city...but there's still a problem...LOL. There are some gorgeous & beautiful homes in Wyoming with an awesome school district but go down the wrong street and you have hit Lincoln Hts and everyone knows their gang issues. I used to hang out and talk with their police officers also...You know nurses and police officers...LOL...we always seem to stay connected. They bring them in and we patch them up. Talk to the officers @ University Hospital about the # of gang related incidents they encounter on a daily basis...I was a Nurse there for 3 yrs & could share some stories if it weren't for the HIPPA law.
it's easier for some folks to point the finger than examine their own backyard. this isn't a jab at you, but a lot of people like to say, "cincinnati has problems, but it's no detroit so it's all good and fine". to me that's like the 2007 reds saying, "at least we're not the pirates", when in reality both teams were terrible and far away from competing with the best.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:23 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
as far as the raw number of recognized gangs and all of the affiliates of primarily a small number of gangs as in LA and chicago, it is a very ganged up city. i live in a crip area and they can't paint over the graffiti often enough. there's a lot of shooting, a ton of police and helicopters, and swat out here serving warrants. you're right, columbus is small and off-brand but trust me, bloods and crips are huge in this town. i would say that of the cities you listed, big chicago and la gangs are the least frequent and not as well respected in cincinnati, if that says anything about the strength of the city. it really is about where you grew up and who you've known for awhile.
I was saying that most of the gangs in Columbus are affiliated with bloods and crips, whether they are fakes or not. If you go to more experienced cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore they have much less LA based gangs than Columbus does. In those cities you see more original gangs. Most of the cities with LA based gangs (outside of SOCAL) have either been taken over by them or have joined them for any reasons, Columbus is much less experienced than Cleveland and Cincinnati, as far as gangs and crime.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
I was saying that most of the gangs in Columbus are affiliated with bloods and crips, whether they are fakes or not. If you go to more experienced cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore they have much less LA based gangs than Columbus does. In those cities you see more original gangs. Most of the cities with LA based gangs (outside of SOCAL) have either been taken over by them or have joined them for any reasons, Columbus is much less experienced than Cleveland and Cincinnati, as far as gangs and crime.
oh ok, now i got you. yeah, for sure.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:11 PM

86 posts, read 415,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
it's easier for some folks to point the finger than examine their own backyard. this isn't a jab at you, but a lot of people like to say, "cincinnati has problems, but it's no detroit so it's all good and fine". to me that's like the 2007 reds saying, "at least we're not the pirates", when in reality both teams were terrible and far away from competing with the best.
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY ALL ALONG.
THANK YOU FOR PUTTING IT IN THE SHORT & SWEET VERSION...LOL
sorry about caps but I was excited

Old 05-30-2008, 06:28 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,134,947 times
There is a BIG difference in Gangs and wannabe's. And I know my backyard and am in no denial about it. Do any of you CURRENTLY Live in Cincinnati?

Old 05-30-2008, 06:32 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,716,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
There is a BIG difference in Gangs and wannabe's. And I know my backyard and am in no denial about it. Do any of you CURRENTLY Live in Cincinnati?
I do, and loving it!

Old 05-30-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
I do, and loving it!
Good! Me too.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:19 AM

86 posts, read 415,915 times
Quote:
My entire family lives in Cincy. I kinda do Like I said I was out in the suburbs for the school district...my baby graduates tomorrow . We are moving into a house in the "nice" pocket of NCH...our belongings are divided between the 2 houses....LOL. So YES I live in Cincinnati also kinda. BTW your backyard might be fine but the neighboring streets might be horrible. I agree that there are "wannabe's" but lets not deny that there are really gangs in Cincy and they are becoming a problem...more of a problem in some areas vs others. Look @ Elmwood & Winton Terrace OMG. It's quite simple to do a search about gang activity in Cincy and there are alot of interesting things you will find or talk to your police dept or maybe the gang task force. Whateva you want but the problem is there.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:48 AM

I know my neighborhood very well as I am very involved in it. I send out emails to the community about concerns or any crime which happens in the neighborhood. Without ID-ing myself, I know my neighborhood and dont like anyone questioning that. I dont just live on my street, I live in a neighborhood and therefore I didnt invest in just a home, but instead, invested in the entire neighborhood. That is the problem with a lot of people, they worry about their own back yard, please dont lump me in that catagory. I rely on facts from myself being involved and those in the community who ask me for help. I have spent thousands of hours volunteering in this city and in Hartwell and therefore I think it gives me a strong voice and some solid ground to stand on. The biggest problem I have defending my neighborhood is the perception most people who live outside the City limits have with City neighborhoods.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I know my neighborhood very well as I am very involved in it. I send out emails to the community about concerns or any crime which happens in the neighborhood. Without ID-ing myself, I know my neighborhood and dont like anyone questioning that. I dont just live on my street, I live in a neighborhood and therefore I didnt invest in just a home, but instead, invested in the entire neighborhood. That is the problem with a lot of people, they worry about their own back yard, please dont lump me in that catagory. I rely on facts from myself being involved and those in the community who ask me for help. I have spent thousands of hours volunteering in this city and in Hartwell and therefore I think it gives me a strong voice and some solid ground to stand on. The biggest problem I have defending my neighborhood is the perception most people who live outside the City limits have with City neighborhoods.
the city of cincinnati has major crime issues that few cities have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati