Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:13 AM

299 posts, read 1,008,830 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm looking for information on off-leash dog areas in and around Cincy.

Preferably: open to the public, i.e. no dues.
Preferably: north to northwest Cincy, as I'm coming from the Oxford area.

Thanks in advance!

ETA: I see that someone provided a link for http://www.cincinnatidogparks.com in another thread, which is really very helpful! So perhaps my question is related to personal experiences in the park re: size, availability of water, quality of fencing, etc.

Last edited by stasia; 07-12-2009 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 10:10 PM

19 posts, read 49,917 times
The closest park in the Northwest that is completely free is the one in Mt. Airy Forest. There are two sides to the park, one for smaller dogs, and one for all dogs. Water is available on both sides. Mostly dirt/mud in the park, but what can you expect with a bunch of dogs running around all the time I usually have no problems at this park, but somedays there will be owners that pay no attention to the rules or are just not courteous to everyone (i.e. they will not pick up after their dog or pay attention to it and some people take their big dogs into the small dog park). It's pretty big with benches for people and trees for shade and plenty of room for your pup to run around.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:10 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Off leash parks are a venue for conflict. Those persons who take pride in the agressiveness of their own dog, take the dogs to off leash parks and vicariously experience conflict through their dogs. The incidence of dog bites in off leash parks located in or near urban areas is very high. Choose your park wisely.

Note that private parks (where rules and behavior are enforced) are popping up. Check out the one in Newtown. Quite a long trek but may be worth it.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:44 PM

77 posts, read 195,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Off leash parks are a venue for conflict. Those persons who take pride in the agressiveness of their own dog, take the dogs to off leash parks and vicariously experience conflict through their dogs. The incidence of dog bites in off leash parks located in or near urban areas is very high. Choose your park wisely.

Note that private parks (where rules and behavior are enforced) are popping up. Check out the one in Newtown. Quite a long trek but may be worth it.
I sometimes frequent the Mt Airy dog park with my Greyhound and have had very few problems with over aggressive dogs.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:51 PM

19 posts, read 49,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by price hill will View Post
I sometimes frequent the Mt Airy dog park with my Greyhound and have had very few problems with over aggressive dogs.
I agree, I've taken my dog there many many times and have only run into one aggressive dog in the 8 years i've used the park. There is a private park near mason i think that would be much closer than Newtown if you wanted to go that route, but the one at Mt Airy is perfectly fine.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:39 PM

379 posts, read 848,883 times
Try Wiggly Field dog park at Voice Of America Park in West Chester. Should be an easy drive from Oxford.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:25 PM

299 posts, read 1,008,830 times
Wiggly Field is the closest dog park at 45 minutes, and we've been there three times so far. Worth the drive on the weekends! Owners and dogs alike have been courteous overall, and the facilities are fairly decent.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:56 PM

I guess Wiggly Field is your best bet. Lots of nice people. My son takes his dog there every once and a while and really likes it. He met his girlfriend there. I keep threatening to take my cat there.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:49 PM

8 posts, read 20,996 times
What about in the Anderson area?/ anyone?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:57 PM

For sure its that new dog park on wooster near beechmont.

http://www.greatparks.org/parks/armlederpark.htm (http://www.cincinnatidogparks.com/Cincinnati-Dog-Parks/Otto-Armleder-Memorial-Dog-Park_.html - broken link)

also see:

Anderson Township Park District - Dog Field: Info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati