Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which offers better city living?
Buckhead 79 34.20%
Hoboken 152 65.80%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 05:12 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,772,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJetSet View Post
Maybe you need to take a closer look, the quote was not a compliment. Overpriced means not worth the dough. You can keep your whitebread frat house, like the world cares what happens in hoboken.

I have relatives in northern NJ and been through that area, the worst part of America is what I saw, drug dealing, half eaten houses rowhouses, where are all the trees? Just major decay that was no where near as bad what I saw in the worst parts of D.C. or Baltimore.
Your true colors come out.
What you described is rough areas of Newark, Paterson and Jersey City, if that's where your relatives are, then Im sorry. NNJ is the the wealthiest areas of the country- no trees? The skylands (Sussex county) has some of the highest density of trees in the north east - Morris, Bergen, Hunterdon, and western Essex county doesn't have a hint of urban decay- these counties have more millionaire per capital than most areas of the country.

Hudson county is the heart of NJ's urban scene. It's considered desirable and it's growing. It has it's crummy/industrial areas, but then you have Hoboken and Weehawken

You can fit all the rough area of NNJ in Baltimore... Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 06:32 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,074,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Your true colors come out.
What you described is rough areas of Newark, Paterson and Jersey City, if that's where your relatives are, then Im sorry. NNJ is the the wealthiest areas of the country- no trees? The skylands (Sussex county) has some of the highest density of trees in the north east - Morris, Bergen, Hunterdon, and western Essex county doesn't have a hint of urban decay- these counties have more millionaire per capital than most areas of the country.

Hudson county is the heart of NJ's urban scene. It's considered desirable and it's growing. It has it's crummy/industrial areas, but then you have Hoboken and Weehawken

You can fit all the rough area of NNJ in Baltimore... Go figure.
lol, you pretty much picked him apart w/ that one. He probably described less than 8% of the whole of NNJ.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:10 PM

758 posts, read 1,955,000 times
New Jersey is actually the 2nd wealthiest state in the nation. Alpine is sometimes ranked the wealthiest city in the nation.

Anyone who claims NJ is primarily ghetto or decayed is smoking the crack pipe.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:36 PM

499 posts, read 665,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio248 View Post
New Jersey is actually the 2nd wealthiest state in the nation. Alpine is sometimes ranked the wealthiest city in the nation.

Anyone who claims NJ is primarily ghetto or decayed is smoking the crack pipe.
Ya and Maryland is first. Take off your blinders there's a reason why they call it the arm Pitt of America.

Sorry to tell you the truth but the decay I saw in NJ was the worst I've ever seen in America. You should be the last to call Silver Spring ghetto.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:46 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,772,711 times
Quote:
Ya and Maryland is first. Take off your blinders there's a reason why they call it the arm Pitt of America.

Sorry to tell you the truth but the decay I saw in NJ was the worst I've ever seen in America. You should be the last to call Silver Spring ghetto.
I like Maryland, so I won't rag on it too much.

You ran out of sources. Or should I say you couldn't make up any more delusional statistics.
But statistics do show:
~

-Maryland and New Jersey are neck and neck in terms of poverty rates.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

MD and NJ pretty much take turns from 1st to 2nd wealthiest states each year.

A good chunk of Maryland is a part of the Capital district of America.
A good chunk of New Jersey is a part of the NYC Metropolitan area.

Decaying Baltimore
Decaying Newark/Camden

The harbor in Baltimore
The Hudson waterfront in Jersey City

Ocean City MD boardwalk
Atlantic City boardwalk

Similar weather
NJ has higher taxes, MD as higher crime (the big difference)
~

How could you possibly hate NJ so much when Maryland isn't so different?
Are you intimidated by Jersey? if not, why so bitter?
~~

All this while Buckhead is minding its own business! Get out of here with your need to push Silver Spirng into this. When I mentioned Silver Spring I didn't know it was more going to be more troll bait.

Last edited by Yac; 12-06-2010 at 07:19 AM..

Old 10-31-2010, 09:58 PM

758 posts, read 1,955,000 times
Quote:

Actually Connecticut is first in wealth, and Maryland is third.

If you think NJ has decay, I can't imagine what you think of the 48 states poorer than NJ (including MD). You would probably collapse in shock if you visited an industrial state like Illinois or Michigan.

You must be scared to leave your house or something.

And what does Silver Spring have to do with this? We're talking states now, not decaying inner suburbs.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I like Maryland, so I won't rag on it too much.

You ran out of sources. Or should I say you couldn't make up any more delusional statistics.
But statistics do show:
~

-Maryland and New Jersey are neck and neck in terms of poverty rates.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

MD and NJ pretty much take turns from 1st to 2nd wealthiest states each year.

A good chunk of Maryland is a part of the Capital district of America.
A good chunk of New Jersey is a part of the NYC Metropolitan area.

Decaying Baltimore
Decaying Newark/Camden

The harbor in Baltimore
The Hudson waterfront in Jersey City

Ocean City MD boardwalk
Atlantic City boardwalk

Similar weather
NJ has higher taxes, MD as higher crime (the big difference)
~

How could you possibly hate NJ so much when Maryland isn't so different?
Are you intimidated by Jersey? if not, why so bitter?
~~

All this while Buckhead is minding its own business! Get out of here with your need to push Silver Spirng into this. When I mentioned Silver Spring I didn't know it was more going to be more troll bait.
What are you talking about? Using the standard measurement of state wealth, median household income, Maryland ranks higher than New Jersey, look it up yourself, I'm not your stat boy.

I really don't have anything against New Jersey, I could care less, but someone defending New Jersey and Ohio in the name should think twice before calling Silver Spring ghetto and and acting like it aint about nothing.

There are larger swaths of decaying lots and industrial ghettos in Hoboken than you'll ever find in Silver Spring.

I don't know what you expected.

Again, Yes, or No, did you not mention Silver Spring first? The only part you are sorry for is that you didn't get away with your erroneous statement. You thought you could just toss it under a bus.

Last edited by Yac; 12-06-2010 at 07:19 AM..

Old 11-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio248 View Post
Actually Connecticut is first in wealth, and Maryland is third.

If you think NJ has decay, I can't imagine what you think of the 48 states poorer than NJ (including MD). You would probably collapse in shock if you visited an industrial state like Illinois or Michigan.

You must be scared to leave your house or something.

And what does Silver Spring have to do with this? We're talking states now, not decaying inner suburbs.
You said NJ was second which it's not and actually New Hampshire is First.

Maryland is still ahead of New Jersey in wealth.

Ask your buddy BPerone201 what Silver Spring has to do with this, he still hasn't given an answer and lies and wont admit that he brought it up first.

If you were really smart you discussed Buckhead and Hoboken and left Silver Spring out of it, but as you claim you lived at 815 Thayer (which explains a lot cause only someone who cant cut it would live there). And you also must have been hibernating cause to say Silver Spring has only Discovery and the rest is ghetto shows how much you don't know.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:17 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,944,540 times
Quote:
There are larger swaths of decaying lots and industrial ghettos in Hoboken than you'll ever find in Silver Spring.
Wha??????

Old 11-02-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Wha??????
Is this not Hoboken? Be a man and don't lie cause you're from jersey

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City