Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 10:56 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
LMAO a brand new wonderful path station that will be in lower manhattan aswell
So?
The PATH is overwhelmingly used by people from NJ. How is that not a benefit for NJ (regardless of its location)?

Last edited by openheads; 08-09-2010 at 11:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 10:59 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,300,659 times
Quote:
LMAO a brand new wonderful path station that will be in lower manhattan aswell
And a brand new wonderful PATH station in Harrison, NJ
And a brand new wonderful extension of PATH to EWR
And a brand new port terminal in Bayonne
And a whole host of other projects elsewhere in BOTH states.

Don't you read the Times or any other news source around here?

Back under the bridge, troll! (Oh the PA runs those too)

Old 08-09-2010, 11:14 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,845,984 times
The PATH plans on extending itself 4 more x into NJ. First phase is to EWR , second Phase is to Jersey Gardens / Port Elizabeth , Third Phase is to Midtown Elizabeth , Fourth phase is Raritan Valley line. It will take 15 years to build and will add 18 New stations & add an Estimated 160,000+ ppl to the system. But the PA is upgraded the current system first.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:48 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,426,216 times
New Jersey.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:53 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
And a brand new wonderful PATH station in Harrison, NJ
And a brand new wonderful extension of PATH to EWR
And a brand new port terminal in Bayonne
And a whole host of other projects elsewhere in BOTH states.

Don't you read the Times or any other news source around here?

Back under the bridge, troll! (Oh the PA runs those too)
LOL spending all this money to create jobs for nyc in four billion dollar skyscrapers. And all jersey can say is path stations. SMH

Jersey really needs an identity. Georgia is better than New jersey as a state and ya know it

Old 08-10-2010, 01:28 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
Get enough of mentioning new york and philly. Stop holding them as crutches. You confuse these poor people the southeast.midwest.west coast basically people that have never stepped foot in the northeast. That new jersey-new york-philly act like this one big state. When in reality philly and new york could careless about new jersey. We actually live in places with an identity. We could careless about metropolitan areas Or the fact that some people from north new jersey "play" in manhattan,or wished jersey city was looked at by the world as a "sixth borough" or brooklyn west
Ok, there is no point explaining anything to you because you're completely un-realistic and arrogant.

But I will say this.

New Jersey is the 4th smallest state, and it offers a lot for its size. Not that most people acknowledge this or anything, but when people talk about how it is sandwiched between Philly and NYC, it's just the advantage NJ has over almost every single state in the nation in terms of educational and economic success.
I don't know why you hate the state so much, but do you really expect NJ to develop some major independent city with its own msa inbetween NYC and Philly? That calls for an unhealthy standard of living- And even if people say "NJ doesn't have any true major cities" The way JC and Newark border each other and still have a smaller land area than most major cities when combined, It's a job market that beats the hell out of 80% of American cities. Don't forget that these two cities are amongst the least car dependent cities, so access between the two is something of an advantage (especially when NYC is the 3rd power house in the vicinity, but that apparently doesn't count because you're some kind of crazy)

Some quick facts:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowedNJ- 4th most educated stateModerator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
NJ is the wealthiest state[/url]
~
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowedNJ has the 4th lowest poverty rates
~
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowedNJ is the 16th healthiest state(that's not amazing, but it's better than 34 states can say)
~

Rankings in Crime (out of 50 states)
(1 = Worst, 50 = Best)
Assault: 35
Burglary: 44 < 6th lowest in the nation
Murder: 26
Motor Vehicle Theft: 32
Rape: 50 < Lowest in the nation.
Robbery: 16

Overall- NJ is the 16th safest state.
~
With all this factored in- NJ comes out as #8 in the Best state to live. (Of course this is an opinion, but this is based off the quality of things like education/poverty rates/high paying jobs/efficiency etc and NJ ranks well in all these things)
~

NJ's access to so much in such short distances is another advantage the state has over most, but I guess it's fair to pretend like that's not the case after all I've already just said.
NJ has the highest cost of living in the US because it has access to NYC and Philadelphia- IF we have to pay so much to live here because of that, then I think we have all the right in the world to factor in the states phenomenal access and location being sandwiched between Philly and NYC. We're a part of the NYC and Philly metros, but we can't be associated with the cities we're a big part of? The 4th smallest state, out of boundaries by only a border with no other city/town in the way of NYC and Philly-- You outsiders have absolutely no room to talk using that kind of logic.
The ATL metro is no different from the NYC metro in NJ. Keep pushing the "state boundaries as a great wall" theory on one of the smallest states between NYC and Philly, what kind of argument are you going to make with that?
~~

Now please, go away, I don't think there's anymore you can add- You've contradicted yourself to death by saying "NYers can care less about NJ" when you've been trolling every topic with NJ in the title.

Last edited by Yac; 08-20-2010 at 06:12 AM..

Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
Georgia is a railroad hub as well you know and it has plans in Atlanta that are well along.

Forum Atlanta . com - Redevelopment of a multimodal transit station downtown at "The Gulch" gets a push forward

Old 08-10-2010, 06:04 AM

It's funny Georgia and New Jersey are being compared here because I don't know if you realize but there's a big connection between Georgia and New Jersey's black populations. During the Great Black Migration blacks from Georgia tended to migrate largely in the direction of New Jersey, New York. Those from Alabama headed up to Ohio/Detroit and Mississippians to Chicago.

To this day a very large number of blacks in Georgia have relatives in New Jersey. My sister lives in Newark. A neighbor of mine moved to New Jersey when I was a kid and he was killed by police up there. An ex-girlfriend of mind recently travelled to New Jersey to visit family there (funny thing. She was appalled that her family up there ate biscuits with their collard greens instead of cornbread the way most Southerners would ). I remember as a school kid riding the school bus and this kid who had moved to New Jersey for a while then came back almost caught a beating because he was going on and on arguing that New Jersey was better than Georgia. I could go on and on and on about all the Georgians I know and their New Jersey connections. Lately, however the South has become more appealing to Blacks and they are moving in very large numbers from the North to Georgia. I'm not sure how much of that migration back South is from the New Jersey area but it seems to me that Blacks from the Midwest seem to be much more likely to move our way than those from Jersey. Although just last month I met a couple of young African Americans that had recently moved down here from Trenton and Newark.

Last edited by Galounger; 08-10-2010 at 06:54 AM..

Old 08-10-2010, 07:13 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,845,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Georgia is a railroad hub as well you know and it has plans in Atlanta that are well along.

Forum Atlanta . com - Redevelopment of a multimodal transit station downtown at "The Gulch" gets a push forward
Hehe New Jersey still has more....

Hubs of New Jersey

Newark
Paterson
Jersey City
Camden
Atlantic City
Dover

^ All those cities are hubs for Bus or Regional / Intercity Rail

Future Hubs

Secaucus
Hackensack
Elizabeth
New Brunswick
Trenton

^ All of those cities is building a Transfer Station with a Light / Urban Rail connection

Old 08-10-2010, 07:43 AM

I think Georgia Tech, Emory, University of Georgia, Morehouse, Spellman offer more than can be found at Universities in New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City