Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times

Advertisements

Jersey City:

Atlantic City:

They both have a really good water front. I do hope that one day Atlantic City much like Las Vegas starts a boom for it's skyline it would look nice, it has a far better location than Las Vegas for a skyline for sure.

Jersey City has had a dramatical change in it's skyline this decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 06:12 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Atlanta has a nice skyline.

I know there's things planned for Newark, I think it'll have the tallest building in NJ.

Jersey City needs more filling and peaks but it's getting there.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:13 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
How are you speaking for everyone tho. "NY isn't a football town" yet there's TWO teams.

NY is certainly more of a football town than a basketball town, when's the last time someone rooted for the Knicks? The Knicks AND the Nets suck, idk what happened to the latter they used to be nice.

Stop trolling.
NY actually has three football teams. The knicks have way more of a hardcore following than any football team in the city(how could u be a nyer and not know that). When i say ny is more of a basketball town im not referring just to professional sports. New yorkers are more into basketball than football. I have nothing agaisnt you but if you were a real new yorker you would know what i was talking about

New york is not a basketball town yet... We are about to spend hundreds of millions to get a second basketball team. Which would make two right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Wrong. And that basketball team you mention...was taken from NY first (somebody give this guy a history book)
[quote=66nexus;15419834]1) You're right...it's worse.

I know about the original New york nets. That has nothing to do with the fact that nyc has decided to take jersey only basketball team back. Its 2010 not the 1970s

Old 08-10-2010, 06:14 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,095,909 times
Quote:
Lol, he doesn't know about any of that.

-------------------------------------

Can someone from GA list strong points of GA's cities/big towns

Was stationed in Ft Gordon for awhile and I couldn't get use to the vastness of the state...until I came home, and had to readjust to the compactness of NJ lol. There is definitely open land in NJ, but you have to either go south or N/NW and I'm not as associated w/ those areas of NJ
I'm assuming you meant other than Atlanta.....

Augusta- Medical District, Fort Gordon, Plant Vogtle, National Security Agency, Savannah River Site etc...

Savannah- SCAD, Port, Tourism, Fort Stewart, etc...

Columbus-Fort Benning, Aflac, Kia Plant, NCR, etc......

Macon- Robins Air Force Base, Macon Centreplex, Medical Center of Central Georgia, Georgia Music and Sports Hall of Fames, etc...

Athens-University of Georgia, Athens Regional Medical Center, etc...

Old 08-10-2010, 06:21 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
Newark-Atlanta

(pop.): ~279,000k/541,000k

(metro):

Newark-Union MSA (~2million)
Atlanta (~5.5million)

(sports):

Newark: NJ Nets, NJ Devils, Newark Bears, NY Red Bull (region)
Atlanta: Thrashers, Hawks, Falcons, Braves, Silverbacks, Xplosion

(media)

Newark: Jazz 88.3, Star-Ledger, NJN, WNET (PBS)
Atlanta: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, CNN, TNT, TCM; WGTV, WPBA (too many stations to list lol)

(economic heavy-hitters)

Newark (2 Fortune500): Prudential Ins/Fin, Horizon BCBS, Continental Airlines, PSE&G
Atlanta (fourth in the US for Fortune500/3 Fortune100): Delta Airlines, Coca-Cola, Home Depot, AT&T

Old 08-10-2010, 06:22 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times
[quote=K.O.N.Y;15420096]NY actually has three football teams. The knicks have way more of a hardcore following than any football team in the city(how could u be a nyer and not know that). When i say ny is more of a basketball town im not referring just to professional sports. New yorkers are more into basketball than football. I have nothing agaisnt you but if you were a real new yorker you would know what i was talking about

New york is not a basketball town yet... We are about to spend hundreds of millions to get a second basketball team. Which would make two right?

Quote:
1) You're right...it's worse.

I know about the original New york nets. That has nothing to do with the fact that nyc has decided to take jersey only basketball team back. Its 2010 not the 1970s

You're washed up. Go away. You've exposed your know nothing, cornball ways in this thread.
It's over.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:22 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
NY actually has three football teams. The knicks have way more of a hardcore following than any football team in the city(how could u be a nyer and not know that). When i say ny is more of a basketball town im not referring just to professional sports. New yorkers are more into basketball than football. I have nothing agaisnt you but if you were a real new yorker you would know what i was talking about

I know NY State has three but last I checked NY State wasn't a town. And no the Knicks don't (how could you be a NYer and not know that).

I'm referring to professional sports (I think everyone else was too). Outside of the pros I bet every town would be considered a basketball town since it's one of the most played sports.

Lol @ the second part: "NY isn't a basketball town yet".

Old 08-10-2010, 06:24 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
Are we seriously going to bring 9/11 into this. Im not going to sit here and downplay 700 deaths. But are jerseyans that desperate to bring 9/11 into this? Stop it
We're not so desperate that we need to bring up 9/11, you just need to open your eyes and realize something like this will (or should) shut you up- NYC was in "desperate" need of help, Hudson county NJ was the the first one the scene outside of NYC. It's the point we're trying to make when we mention the mutual connection between NY/NJ have with each other- But you can't stand that fact.

You really can't downplay 700 deaths and NJ fire fighters, but you've "downplayed" NJ saying "it didn't matter" and how we are so irrelevant. Try preaching that to all the family members and friends of the 700 NJ residents who lost their lives working in NYC that day... So how about you stop it, you have absolutely no room to talk being an arrogant, obsessive hater from the Bronx.
You're clueless.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:26 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post

Yeah, and what's funny is Brooklyn didn't/still doesn't want them (and we don't either/check attendance for the last 5 years) and here you're celebrating lol.

Notice how there wasn't a huge uproar when they decided to leave? Notice how long it took for the approval process b/c the Bklnites didn't want the Nets? LMAO!!

You don't know your own town, if you think basketball is bigger, football stadiums are 3-4x the capacity of basketball arenas. NYer's love 'their' football teams. I mean give me a break, the Superbowl vs. the Finals?! Are you really trying to do that?

Old 08-10-2010, 06:28 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Wait Continental is a Houston based and headquartered airline company. It is now United Airlines after their merger gets approved later on this year and will be in Chicago.
But New Jersey's airport is a major hub for Continental Airlines, the largest hub for the airlines after Houston IAH.

But yeah it plays a major role in New Jersey, did you mean by employment numbers and influence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City