Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 11:38 AM

79 posts, read 238,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony21 View Post
You answered your own question. Most people who talk negatively about the south have never been or live there. The south is full of history and culture. I was born and raised in Tennessee and now live in West Virginia. There are some places in West Virginia ( I love West Virginia ) that are so rural that it would make anyplace in Tennessee seem like the big city lol. I think most folks need to realize that every city and state has it's pluses and minuses. The south is no different. Basically, it's all pretty much to do with the politics and folks biases. That's about it.

Not always true. I lived in the south for a little more than six years, and I hated it. I hope I never go back, not even to visit. The only place worth visiting in the south, that I can think of, is Savannah.

I don't care about the politics there. The weather is horrendous, too hot, too humid, too much pouring rain. The culture? Not so much, I won't get into that though, people tend to get really offended when I'm honest about that..

Old 05-01-2011, 12:13 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,077 times
Where did you live out of curiosity?

Old 05-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Where did you live out of curiosity?
Pensacola, Florida, and Charlotte/Concord, North Carolina

Old 05-01-2011, 12:50 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,077 times
Pensaloca wouldn't be fun. Same with Concord. Charlotte seems decent though. What was different about Charlotte?

Old 05-01-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Pensaloca wouldn't be fun. Same with Concord. Charlotte seems decent though. What was different about Charlotte?

I didn't like Charlotte. It's too big, dirty, and feels unsafe. For a small town, Concord isn't too bad, until you notice all the rednecks.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:21 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyduck View Post
I didn't like Charlotte. It's too big, dirty, and feels unsafe. For a small town, Concord isn't too bad, until you notice all the rednecks.
I'll give my take on this. I'm a bit miffed because I live in the Atlanta area. To me, Atlanta is much dirtier(asthma capital of the USA), and more violent(although the murder rate has been dropping significantly over the last 5 years) that Charlotte. For me, Charlotte might be a breath of fresh air compared to Atlanta.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'll give my take on this. I'm a bit miffed because I live in the Atlanta area. To me, Atlanta is much dirtier(asthma capital of the USA), and more violent(although the murder rate has been dropping significantly over the last 5 years) that Charlotte. For me, Charlotte might be a breath of fresh air compared to Atlanta.
I've only driven through Atlanta a few times, so I don't know much about it, I couldn't live there. I agree, much, much worse than Charlotte.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:30 PM

22 posts, read 37,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyduck View Post
Not always true. I lived in the south for a little more than six years, and I hated it. I hope I never go back, not even to visit. The only place worth visiting in the south, that I can think of, is Savannah.

I don't care about the politics there. The weather is horrendous, too hot, too humid, too much pouring rain. The culture? Not so much, I won't get into that though, people tend to get really offended when I'm honest about that..
That's your opinion and I hope you know horrendous weather conditions can happen everywhere. Not so much culture? Haha, that's laughable. I don't understand why some people from the northeast, midwest, and western states be so quick to relocate to the south and then sit and criticize everything about the south (from the people, to the weather, and the culture)? Then when they leave the southern city or town, they talk about how good the south really is. Seems like contradiction to me.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:30 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
If I were going to make a movie about any place in the South, I would have it set in the city of Atlanta. I know Atlanta best. I know places like Midtown, Five Points, and some of the suburbs such as Marietta, Sandy Springs, Decatur, Doraville, Kennesaw,etc.
I have been big critic of Atlanta, and alot of it stems from seeing other cities, what other cities have compared to what Atlanta doesn't have. However, Atlanta would actually make a good place to film movies.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:11 PM

Default no need to be so easily offended..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony21 View Post
That's your opinion and I hope you know horrendous weather conditions can happen everywhere. Not so much culture? Haha, that's laughable. I don't understand why some people from the northeast, midwest, and western states be so quick to relocate to the south and then sit and criticize everything about the south (from the people, to the weather, and the culture)? Then when they leave the southern city or town, they talk about how good the south really is. Seems like contradiction to me.

When did I say how great it was there? I'm very happy where I am now. And yes, I admit, the weather isn't perfect anywhere, but I am allowed my own opinion on what bad weather I will tolerate, and so are you. I actually enjoy the nine months of rain here, the summer makes it all worth it. Wouldn't want too many people to move out here, then it would be just as crowded as it is there.

By the way, I didn't live there because I wanted to live in the south, there were other circumstances..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City