Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Minneapolis or Charlotte
Minneapolis 79 69.91%
Charlotte 34 30.09%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 08:54 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times

Advertisements

Charlotte for me. Minneapolis has zero appeal to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2020, 10:50 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,088,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Can you explain why?

Old 02-18-2020, 03:52 AM

365 posts, read 499,268 times
Results would be much more closer if polled today.

Old 02-18-2020, 05:32 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Can you explain why?
Location, weather, topography, higher taxes, cost of living, etc. Just never hear much about it. Not saying it’s a bad place, just not for me.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:30 AM

50 posts, read 39,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Spend some time here over the summer and I'm pretty sure your opinion will change.

I'm generally too negative on the cons of Minnesota to be considered a homer, but I don't see any way Charlotte wins this one outside of weather.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:39 AM

50 posts, read 39,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
I don't think that's true. And it's nothing against Charlotte. We're in a pretty significant boom here in the Twin Cities. Everything that was great about Minneapolis then has only gotten better since the thread was originally created. With that said, it'd be hard to see Charlotte closing its significant gap even if it has also improved.

There are negatives to living in Minneapolis, but none are with the city itself. The Twin Cities is the 16th largest metro in the US and somehow still manages to punch above its weight in every aspect as a city. With the boom, and continued transit and infrastructure improvements, the sky is the absolute limit here...if you can handle the weather.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:49 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverinthecold View Post
I don't think that's true. And it's nothing against Charlotte. We're in a pretty significant boom here in the Twin Cities. Everything that was great about Minneapolis then has only gotten better since the thread was originally created. With that said, it'd be hard to see Charlotte closing its significant gap even if it has also improved.

There are negatives to living in Minneapolis, but none are with the city itself. The Twin Cities is the 16th largest metro in the US and somehow still manages to punch above its weight in every aspect as a city. With the boom, and continued transit and infrastructure improvements, the sky is the absolute limit here...if you can handle the weather.
Charlotte is growing and developing faster. Charlotte has better weather.

Old 02-24-2020, 09:10 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,984,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
Would it? Yes, the Charlotte area is growing faster, but I still think it has a ways to go before it surpasses Minneapolis.

Old 02-24-2020, 10:11 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,250,998 times
The Twin Cities are one of the few continental American cities that doesn't merely accept cold winters, it actually embraces them. The state of MN as a whole has been eschewing the Midwestern label for some time, preferring to be simply called the "North".

And if anyone's ever traversed through the North Woods region of upper MN/WI/MI, it's easy to see why it's so distinct from the rest of the Midwest.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:35 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,910,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Charlotte is growing and developing faster. Charlotte has better weather.
I'd rather live in a place with cold winters than a place with a 6-month steam bath..."better" is very debatable...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City