Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Thriving Hispanic population?
Boston 52 51.49%
Philadelphia 49 48.51%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 07:44 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,746,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Alot of my family still lives in Boston. Both come from there. They just sprawled out over New England with a few agglomerations in CT and RI too. Currently, atleast 20 members of my family still live in the city limits.

However, I get both sides of this debate thing. Like it was on the news for a lighter story a few months back (Channel 5) but at the end of the day it's just what you chose to identify with. Boston (meaning the area too), Mass, New England or The Northeast

I think we all can agree to disagree on this. The.only thing that does.annoy me is when my old friends who live in Brockton and Randolph post something on their instagram and set the location as Boston, or somewhere very specific in Boston (like, Blue Hills Ave, Mattapan for example) when it's clearly a shot at their home of new sneakers or whips..... In Brockton. Or better yet, Fall River
Oh right you’ve got 86 first cousins. I should’ve known you must have some family in Boston lol.

Yea I’ve seen people tag Boston in places that are clearly not Boston. It’s cringe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 08:02 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,989,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Oh right you’ve got 86 first cousins. I should’ve known you must have some family in Boston lol.

Yea I’ve seen people tag Boston in places that are clearly not Boston. It’s cringe.
Yeah that's where I draw the line... It's a bit ridiculous. Like your in Fall River or Brockton... Not Dorchester. Who are you trying to impress?

And yeah, it's actually 71* I miscounted. Big Catholic families. The TFR in my family is insane.. it's like 3

Old 09-02-2020, 09:30 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,571,080 times
Quote:
I dont get the premise of this debate. Is this a suburb vs city thing? Its really not that serious. If someone from Waltham said "From Boston" I think I would get he meant the greater area. The "What is Boston" ddebate is the MA version of "What is Upstate/Downstate?" If anybody corrected them, they would just be an ahole. I havent heard anyone do that though.

Your a Bostonian to me if you meet one or more of these requirements
1. You were born in the city of Boston.
2. You lived some part of your life in Boston.
3. You currently live in Boston.

Same with any other city. My friend was born in the Bronx but moved out when they were 2. Hes still a New Yorker. Cultureal, family ties.
Quote:
Jimmy: What are you doing?
Lourdes: Saying a prayer for the missing.
Jimmy: Do you think it helps them?
Lourdes: It helps me.
Jimmy: You don’t know any of these people. You’re not even from Boston. I heard you talking to Hal one night about how you grew up in Mexico City.
Lourdes: Well my mom and dad bought a house here when I was ten. And my dad would go back and forth for business while I was in school. I was a freshman, premed at Wellesley, when they attacked.
Jimmy: Wellesley is not in Boston. It’s in Wellesley.
Lourdes: Okay, 617 snob. My parent’s house was in JP. Is that Boston enough for you?
Jimmy: What part of JP?
Lourdes: The part where people lost their faith.
http://****yeahseychelle.tumblr.com/page/11

Old 09-02-2020, 10:36 AM

Also many people who may seem fully Afro American but are actually Hispanic who live in Boston.

Here’s, Kendra Hicks a self described Black Dominican woman. Born in the Bronx and moved to Boston at age 10 https://www.hicksfordistrictsix.com/

Old 09-02-2020, 11:01 AM

12,159 posts, read 7,989,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Also many people who may seem fully Afro American but are actually Hispanic who live in Boston.

Here’s, Kendra Hicks a self described Black Dominican woman. Born in the Bronx and moved to Boston at age 10 https://www.hicksfordistrictsix.com/
How likely is her chance to win in District 6? Thats Essex County+parts of Middlesex iirc...

Old 09-02-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
How likely is her chance to win in District 6? Thats Essex County+parts of Middlesex iirc...
District six of Boston City-JP Westie and a small bit of Roslindale. She has a decent chance but she’s still an under dawg. O'Malley is every progressive so she wouldn’t have much to run on. She looks to be well funded and may get many female and black/Latino votes but I don’t think she’ll win. O’Malley is so progressive she may decide not to run because of the times/he acknowledges he’s not ‘diverse enough’ like Dan Cullinane (got replaced by Brandy Oakley-Fluker in state house last night) or Cam Charbonnier did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City