Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 AM

8,701 posts, read 14,705,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAXTOR View Post
I know its ridiculous, he added 7 billion to Philly and used its CSA compared to the other MSA's.

Seriously, its been happening every year 18montclair makes his GDP thread since 2008.
Sounds fair to me

haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 11:54 AM

411 posts, read 720,365 times
projecting to 2020, I think the top 10 will be:

1. NYC
2. LA
3. SF/SV
4. DC
5. Chicago
6. Houston
7. Boston
8. Dallas/FTW
9. Philla
10. one of ATL/Seattle/Miami

I think Austin, PHX, and Vegas will make pretty big jumps as well

Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 AM

725 posts, read 1,212,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAXTOR View Post
I know its ridiculous, he added 7 billion to Philly and used its CSA compared to the other MSA's.

Seriously, its been happening every year 18montclair makes his GDP thread since 2008.
I hope your NOT talking about me.... My data is correct. I posted MSA's. Our GDP is 420 Billion in MSA. And the whole US should agree. There are many pleas to the US census to fix our Metro, because its fragmented. I do not "boost" Philadelphia, I know this cities limits, I know it has its pluses, and I certainly know it has minuses. I protects Philly's name, because its the most underrated, and unfairly treated city in the US. After all it has done for them new cities.. smh

Old 02-22-2013, 12:05 PM

725 posts, read 1,212,275 times
My projections of 2025 are:
1. N.Y (You already know the story)
2. LA. (will be the same, just more population. LOL!)
3. D.C (will be finally be dense)
4. San Francisco {tech capital of the world} /Philadelphia {Art/innovation capital of the world/major history spot}(will be top destinations in the world soon)
6. Chicago (makes me sad to put it this low.)
7. Houston (when will y'all CD'ers ever learn? Boom doesn't last long!!! Houston WILL level out soon.)
8. Dallas/FTW
9. Boston (Boston is Boston)
10. San Antonio (Dont believe me just watch. Guys this city is amazing! It will be a top destination. Will explode very soon)

Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toure View Post

10. San Antonio (Dont believe me just watch. Guys this city is amazing! It will be a top destination. Will explode very soon)
Do you know what SA GDP is right now???? SA would have to annex half of Texas to get to the top ten.

SA's GDP is about 70B. That is 200B less than the current number ten. Even SA plus Austin only gets you to 150B. Give it all the counties south to the Valley and north to El Paso and it still would not crack the top ten

Old 02-22-2013, 12:16 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Quote:
4. San Francisco {tech capital of the world} /Philadelphia {Art/innovation capital of the world/major history spot}(will be top destinations in the world soon)
7. Houston (when will y'all CD'ers ever learn? Boom doesn't last long!!! Houston WILL level out soon.)
8. Dallas/FTW
It has already leveled and it's still growing. Expect it to grow even more as the port starts increasing in importance.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:18 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Quote:
I hope your NOT talking about me.... My data is correct. I posted MSA's. Our GDP is 420 Billion in MSA. And the whole US should agree. There are many pleas to the US census to fix our Metro, because its fragmented. I do not "boost" Philadelphia, I know this cities limits, I know it has its pluses, and I certainly know it has minuses. I protects Philly's name, because its the most underrated, and unfairly treated city in the US. After all it has done for them new cities.. smh
Please. Unfarily treated city in the US? Yeah right. Sunbelt cities would LOVE to be treated as fairly as Philadelphia by peers on here.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:19 PM

8,701 posts, read 14,705,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Please. Unfarily treated city in the US? Yeah right. Sunbelt cities would LOVE to be treated as fairly as Philadelphia by peers on here.
First they need to become cities first

Old 02-22-2013, 12:37 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,006,323 times
Quote:
8. Dallas/FTW
You sir, are smoking crack.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,943,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Napa and San Jose are seperated by 80 miles of uninhabitable terrain & water and are part of the same metro. Philadelphia -Trenton are seperated by 15 miles of densely populated land and are not part of the same metro.

Sounds fair.

The CMSA's are a joke.
Agreed. For some of the NE places, CMSAs mean a lot more. For everywhere else, they barely make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City