Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you rather live in?
Phoenix, Arizona 33 27.50%
Atlanta, Georgia 60 50.00%
Orlando, Florida 27 22.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 01:48 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
I lived in Atlanta. I lived in the S.W.A.T.S ( Southwest Atl ) off of Sylvan road, by Old Nat highway, I lived in Little 5-points are downtown, I also lived in Decatur off of Redan Rd. I partied in Buckhead every weekend.

Used to frequent a club called Atlanta live. I think its closed now. I used to take the MARTA everyday to work in Mid-town.

I've live in Phx now for 14 years. Phoenix blows the ATL out the water. Crime in Atl is mind boggling. The " Southern mentality " is a sham. ATLANTA is the SOUTH. Need I say more. They still have the confederate flag next to the stars & stripes in ALL govt institutions. The city is old, dirty, country, & GHETTO.

Phx is new, fresh, better looking women, better looking people. BETTER WEATHER. Better roads, NATURAL beauty.

People here keep comparing downtowns.....the difference is...man-made beauty ( amusement parks, downtowns, skyscrapers etc ) only makes you want to visit or see ONCE... NATURAL beauty keeps you coming BACK.

Its not even close.....PHOENIX BY A LANDSLIDE.
Atlanta Live has been closed for several years.The State flag is not the Confederate Flag!14 years ago it was.
Buckhead is not even the real party spot it was.There are other areas now that are way more popular.
Coincidentally that's when you moved away.Things change.
One thing is for sure:Atlanta seems to have lost one less ghetto person to Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 01:29 PM

594 posts, read 698,386 times
Default Very funny indeed...and I deserve it !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Atlanta Live has been closed for several years.The State flag is not the Confederate Flag!14 years ago it was.
Buckhead is not even the real party spot it was.There are other areas now that are way more popular.
Coincidentally that's when you moved away.Things change.
One thing is for sure:Atlanta seems to have lost one less ghetto person to Phoenix.

First of all I want to apologize to all its citizens of the GREAT metro of Atlanta. My response was generated by all the Phoenix bashing in this thread.

Atlanta is a world class city who needs to apologize to no one. Hosting a Olympics in itself makes her an ALPHA dog.

Although I absolutely love my Phoenix, the ATL takes a back seat to nobody.......CAN YOU DIG IT.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
First of all I want to apologize to all its citizens of the GREAT metro of Atlanta. My response was generated by all the Phoenix bashing in this thread.

Atlanta is a world class city who needs to apologize to no one. Hosting a Olympics in itself makes her an ALPHA dog.

Although I absolutely love my Phoenix, the ATL takes a back seat to nobody.......CAN YOU DIG IT.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:58 AM

20 posts, read 21,314 times
I seem to remember in this thread people arguing about which is larger (as if that is a determining factor as to which is better...) Sizes of the three cities:

Population
Phoenix - 1,488,750
Atlanta - 443,775
Orlando - 249,562
Phoenix is the most populous. Phoenix wins this category.

Sizes
Phoenix - 516 sq miles
Atlanta - 133 sq miles
Orlando - 103 sq miles

Phoenix is the largest. Phoenix wins this category.

Ref:
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE]

..oh...wait a minute....you were talking about METRO population?

The only world class city in the United States is New York City, based on arts, commerce, diversity, etc., and no other city can claim to be world class in the United States. QED--none of the cities that are the subject of this post are world class. (By the way--New York has never had an Olympics--correct me if I'm wrong--so apparently its not a requirement to have an Olympics to be a world class city.)

The alpha, beta, gamma thing is hogwash based on inconsistent and incorrectly reported data.

However....Orlando is the best because it has the best amusement parks. Go there to live out your "best city" fantasy.

Eritas.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritas View Post
I seem to remember in this thread people arguing about which is larger (as if that is a determining factor as to which is better...) Sizes of the three cities:

Population
Phoenix - 1,488,750
Atlanta - 443,775
Orlando - 249,562
Phoenix is the most populous. Phoenix wins this category.

Sizes
Phoenix - 516 sq miles
Atlanta - 133 sq miles
Orlando - 103 sq miles

Phoenix is the largest. Phoenix wins this category.

Ref:
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE]

..oh...wait a minute....you were talking about METRO population?

The only world class city in the United States is New York City, based on arts, commerce, diversity, etc., and no other city can claim to be world class in the United States. QED--none of the cities that are the subject of this post are world class. (By the way--New York has never had an Olympics--correct me if I'm wrong--so apparently its not a requirement to have an Olympics to be a world class city.)

The alpha, beta, gamma thing is hogwash based on inconsistent and incorrectly reported data.

However....Orlando is the best because it has the best amusement parks. Go there to live out your "best city" fantasy.

Eritas.
Well the difference is that people in Atlanta and Orlando can easitl give multiple reasons why their city is nicest or better.

Atlanta:Busiest Airport,Subway(Public Transportation),Universities,Music/Culture

Orlando:Theme Parks,Nice weather,close to beaches

Phoenix:????

By the way:
NYC is NYC.Not many cities like it in the world.It never needed an Olympics to "make" the city like Atlanta did.
Assuming an Olympics is the ONLY reason a city can be world class is also flawed logic,

Old 10-26-2013, 10:01 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Well the difference is that people in Atlanta and Orlando can easitl give multiple reasons why their city is nicest or better.

Atlanta:Busiest Airport,Subway(Public Transportation),Universities,Music/Culture

Orlando:Theme Parks,Nice weather,close to beaches

Phoenix:????

By the way:
NYC is NYC.Not many cities like it in the world.It never needed an Olympics to "make" the city like Atlanta did.
Assuming an Olympics is the ONLY reason a city can be world class is also flawed logic,
Geography, climate, cost of living

Old 10-27-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Geography, climate, cost of living
How is that unique from the others?You could easily say the same about all these cities.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:34 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
How is that unique from the others?You could easily say the same about all these cities.
Well cost of living is a constant, but Phoenix's geography and climate are quite a bit different than that of Atlanta and Orlando. Phoenix is flanked by mountains, has a ton of resorts in the area, and has pronounced Hispanic and Native American cultural influences. Those are unique to Phoenix relative to Atlanta and Orlando.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Well cost of living is a constant, but Phoenix's geography and climate are quite a bit different than that of Atlanta and Orlando. Phoenix is flanked by mountains, has a ton of resorts in the area, and has pronounced Hispanic and Native American cultural influences. Those are unique to Phoenix relative to Atlanta and Orlando.
That's a very good point. Im just surprised how its just not thought of by locals.When you go there, the Native American culture is not very pronounced.I have been there but no one ever said "go see the Native Americans at such and such."

The Hispanic culture of course is a lot more pronounced.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:20 AM

2,342 posts, read 3,988,097 times
Phoenix

West is where its at
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City