Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 01:19 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,108,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Not to mention that IMO, baseball attracts the cuter female fans. At least here in LA.
Same in SF, and pre 2010 as well.

Side note: The year AT&T Park opened (2000, sophomore year of hs) a bunch of friends and I got jobs at the ballpark. I ended up with the best job, I worked at the Coke slides. My co-workers there were 99.9% attractive female Mexican high schoolers who were all in love with JT Snow (Giant player at the time).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 01:24 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,592,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Same in SF, and pre 2010 as well.

Side note: The year AT&T Park opened (2000, sophomore year of hs) a bunch of friends and I got jobs at the ballpark. I ended up with the best job, I worked at the Coke slides. My co-workers there were 99.9% attractive female Mexican high schoolers who were all in love with JT Snow (Giant player at the time).
Wow I would've never guess you were 30

Yeah, I've been going to Laker and Dodger games for year, and no contest, Dodger games attract more attractive fans. Mostly because it attracts those who want to be outside and like something chill. Replace JT Snow with Andre Either, and that's who I feel like most of the female fans are into nowadays. Laker female fans, not that they aren't attractive either, but there are definitely more tomboys that show up. Not to mention there are more males in general. Of course you don't go to sports games to look at girls.

Sidenote: Enjoy watching us in the playoffs

Old 09-26-2015, 01:29 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,100,389 times
I understand some of you all are diehard baseball fans, but some of you are so fanatical about baseball that you are in denial about it getting less and less popular among young people and being waaaaay behind football and basketball in general popularity these days. I'm not going to argue back and forth about it with a bunch of denial ridden fanatics. You'll realize the truth about baseball one day when you're 80 years old and baseball is as obscure and hard to see on TV outside of its handfull of Northern stronghold markets as hockey has become...¡adiós!

Old 09-26-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
I understand some of you all are diehard baseball fans, but some of you are so fanatical about baseball that you are in denial about it getting less and less popular and being waaaaay behind football and basketball in popularity these days. I'm not going to argue back and forth about it with a bunch of denial ridden fanatics. You'll realize the truth about baseball one day when you're 80 years old and baseball is as obscure and hard to see on TV as hockey has become.
But you've haven't proven anything. You're just as diehard about baseball being dead as you are as some of us are baseball fans. Not one shred of fact or anything. Or you haven't addressed this

Forbes Welcome

Now you said your piece. Enjoy your Saturday

Old 09-26-2015, 01:38 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,172,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
I understand some of you all are diehard baseball fans, but some of you are so fanatical about baseball that you are in denial about it getting less and less popular among young people and being waaaaay behind football and basketball in general popularity these days. I'm not going to argue back and forth about it with a bunch of denial ridden fanatics. You'll realize the truth about baseball one day when you're 80 years old and baseball is as obscure and hard to see on TV outside of its handfull of Northern stronghold markets as hockey has become.
You're not going to argue about it back and forth because you clearly can't verify your claim with, you know, statistics. Baseball may be declining in popularity, I'll concede that, but it's still firmly entrenched as the number 2 sport in this country. So you're wrong about it being "waaaaay behind football and basketball". Lol, if nothing else, baseball's position as really the only major sport during the summer, along with this country's Latino explosion from the Caribbean/Mexico, will keep baseball relevant for quite some time. I remember during the days of Spurs-Pistons people were saying the exact same thing about the NBA. It was premature then, and it's premature now to say the same about MLB.

Ranking The Most Popular Sports in America - TheRichest

Old 09-26-2015, 01:42 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
You're not going to argue about it back and forth because you clearly can't verify your claim with, you know, statistics. Baseball may be declining in popularity, I'll concede that, but it's still firmly entrenched as the number 2 sport in this country. So you're wrong about it being "waaaaay behind football and basketball". Lol, if nothing else, baseball's position as really the only major sport during the summer, along with this country's Latino explosion from the Caribbean/Mexico, will keep baseball relevant for quite some time. I remember during the days of Spurs-Pistons people were saying the exact same thing about the NBA. It was premature then, and it's premature now to say the same about MLB.

Ranking The Most Popular Sports in America - TheRichest
Thank you. Some people like to blow hot air without posting anything to back it up.

I'm not a diehard baseball fan as someone accused us all of being, but I do like it along with many other sports. I would imagine most Americans like baseball, but I'm not sure they are all diehard fans in complete love with it.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Wow I would've never guess you were 30
Older or younger?

Yeah, Andre Ethier is no joke up here either. A few years ago someone at a bar after a game said I looked like him, I didn't think it was a compliment at the time (I mean he isn't bad looking but I don't get it, was same way with JT Snow - except he was seemingly a pretty standup guy also, I know nothing about Ethier outside of baseball)

Sidenote: I hated your last sidenote.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Older or younger?
Younger. I thought you were around my age. Well, I guess we're at the age that the difference between 26 and 30 is negligible

Quote:
Yeah, Andre Ethier is no joke up here either. A few years ago someone at a bar after a game said I looked like him, I didn't think it was a compliment at the time (I mean he isn't bad looking but I don't get it, was same way with JT Snow - except he was seemingly a pretty standup guy also, I know nothing about Ethier outside of baseball)
He's a handsome dude. I don't like Ethier's on the field arrogance sometimes (IE "play me") nor his declining production before this year, but off the field, I've heard he's a nice guy.

I still hope we can trade him though. We have way too many outfielders.

Quote:
Sidenote: I hated your last sidenote.
Don't worry. I'm already looking forward to the annual Dodger playoff collapse I hope we can at least not get no-hit along the way. #thebestteammoneycanbuy. At least you have the Warriors to look forward to, assuming Niner season isn't a complete disaster (or if you're a Raider fan, Carr looks legit for once).

Can we make the Padres exempt from relocation in this thread? I'm sure Dodger and Giants fans will agree that having 9-10 extra home games a year is nice

Old 09-26-2015, 02:01 PM

lool

Old 09-26-2015, 02:26 PM

6,725 posts, read 6,718,975 times
MLB's cities reflect the fact that many were chosen in the 19th century.

20 years from now, Austin will have 2 million jobs, >3 million people and a bigger local economy than Baltimore, Cleveland, etc. Yet I doubt baseball will be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City