Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wich city is better ?
Washington D.C. 129 48.86%
Philadelphia 135 51.14%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:26 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,210,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyw90 View Post
But both along with Manayunk are so far out they barely seem like part of the city. Definitely a more suburban vibe out there.
Manayunk is 3-4 miles from Center City and is a huge part of the citys makeup and history, and its certainly not suburban. So this is my problem with you. You harp and pound away at Philadelphia ghetto areas but fail to acknowledge that Manayunk/Roxborough,Chesnut Hill,East Falls,Far Northeast exist. Thats why I have to call you out and correct you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 10:32 AM

3 posts, read 3,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Seemed like jeremy was pretty heavy on pointing out Philadelphias flaws which I am perfectly fine with. I do it myself quite often.
LOL yea right

Old 03-16-2014, 12:11 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,673 times
Ugh god such a tough one. I wish there was an option for "neither."

I chose Philly from an affordability standpoint. If you asked me 5 years ago I probably would have said the opposite.

DC is so yuppied out it's not even funny. They do have an excellent subway system, but that's useless if you are surrounded by stuck up people.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:48 PM

465 posts, read 657,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Ugh god such a tough one. I wish there was an option for "neither."

I chose Philly from an affordability standpoint. If you asked me 5 years ago I probably would have said the opposite.

DC is so yuppied out it's not even funny. They do have an excellent subway system, but that's useless if you are surrounded by stuck up people.
It depends on where you live in the city now doesn't it?? Most of the people that you're referring too aren't even from DC. Most native Washingtonians think that they are stuck up too, so please don't throw us in the same mud hole as these parasites thanks.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
DC isn't real.
Oh really and why is that??

Old 03-16-2014, 02:19 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,896,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Manayunk is 3-4 miles from Center City and is a huge part of the citys makeup and history, and its certainly not suburban. So this is my problem with you. You harp and pound away at Philadelphia ghetto areas but fail to acknowledge that Manayunk/Roxborough,Chesnut Hill,East Falls,Far Northeast exist. Thats why I have to call you out and correct you.
CORRECT. It cracks me up how people from other places say things like 'I lived there for a year or two so MY opinion of your city IS valid'.

They'll post ALL day long about bombed out areas and then give their opinions of the nicer ones, and try to qualify them by saying 'I don't even CONSIDER THAT as part of the CITY.'

I'm thinking like 'Who the flipp are they to decide which of the city limits are off limits because of their views?'

Then there's THIS = How ghetto the Black people are, as well as a lot of the Whites (if I hear that ignant azz phrase 'jown' one more time..).

That "Jawn" he wrote , was almost as ignant as his previous statement.

Like THIS= Attracts the best and brightest of the African diaspora similar to Atlanta (I get spoiled by so many accomplished Black folks. Yea, I know ward 8 is hood as hell. But not talking about the ghetto DC natives here).

Old 03-16-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJacc View Post
CORRECT. It cracks me up how people from other places say things like 'I lived there for a year or two so MY opinion of your city IS valid'.

They'll post ALL day long about bombed out areas and then give their opinions of the nicer ones, and try to qualify them by saying 'I don't even CONSIDER THAT as part of the CITY.'

I'm thinking like 'Who the flipp are they to decide which of the city limits are off limits because of their views?'

Then there's THIS = How ghetto the Black people are, as well as a lot of the Whites (if I hear that ignant azz phrase 'jown' one more time..).

That "Jawn" he wrote , was almost as ignant as his previous statement.

Like THIS= Attracts the best and brightest of the African diaspora similar to Atlanta (I get spoiled by so many accomplished Black folks. Yea, I know ward 8 is hood as hell. But not talking about the ghetto DC natives here).

We have a ton of these idiots on the DC forum they are annoying as hell.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:39 PM

607 posts, read 1,372,343 times
Urban Feel - Philly by far.
People - Subjective, I'd say DC because I'm more used to the area.
Better life - Depends on job.
Entertainment - Edge to Philly.
Architectures - Philly.
Economy - DC, no contest.
Downtown - Philly.
Suburbs - DC by a long shot.
Future possibilities - DC.
Public transportation - DC.
Shopping - Philly (city), DC ('burbs).
Open mindness - Draw.
Schools - DC (mainly due to the suburbs).

Old 03-16-2014, 07:49 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,206,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcallday View Post
It depends on where you live in the city now doesn't it?? Most of the people that you're referring too aren't even from DC. Most native Washingtonians think that they are stuck up too, so please don't throw us in the same mud hole as these parasites thanks.
Exactly.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:51 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,206,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_J View Post
Urban Feel - Philly by far.
People - Subjective, I'd say DC because I'm more used to the area.
Better life - Depends on job.
Entertainment - Edge to Philly.
Architectures - Philly.
Economy - DC, no contest.
Downtown - Philly.
Suburbs - DC by a long shot.
Future possibilities - DC.
Public transportation - DC.
Shopping - Philly (city), DC ('burbs).
Open mindness - Draw.
Schools - DC (mainly due to the suburbs).
I like this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City