Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 01:22 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
I'll tell you what. ....let's make a deal, because this is getting too easy.

How about you go get who sent YOU.

CHECKMATES WITH A PAWN IS NO LONGER AMUSING TO ME.

I said earlier I didn't want to bash my hometown San Diego but you people took it there.

I'm done with it.

I love Phoenix. ...I love San Diego.
I don't even know what the hell you just said here.

That's good though, you ought to stop as you haven't actually presented any compelling arguments in your favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 02:42 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,960,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I don't even know what the hell you just said here.
HAHAHAHA

Its hard to decipher what that poster says half the time.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:05 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well it's certainly debatable but yes Petco is considered one of the best:

1. Petco Park – San Diego Padres
All 30 MLB stadiums, ranked | For The Win

Sorry a hotub and retractable roof don't make a great stadium.

Phoenix has held just as many Superbowls as SD, three. Granted SD is not going to host another one for the foreseeable future but just saying.

Yes Spring Training only occurs in two states, wow that says a lot...lol. Psst every other Phoenician is sneaking out to SD every summer:

San Diego Summer Can Only Mean Invasion of the `Zonies' / Tourist cash needed, but Arizonan influx makes for easy teasing - SFGate

You guys are so easy to spot too lol. Dumb ditzy chick with too much make up on, from Scottsdale 99% of the time during summer, usually with a leased or late model BMW too lol. Seriously though, the summer Zonie invasion to SD is no joke, trust me as a former PB resident. Come on...there's clearly a one way flow when it comes to visitors from both cities.
Petco park is empty half of the season.

Behind Oakland, SD has the worst fans in the west.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:17 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Petco park is empty half of the season.

Behind Oakland, SD has the worst fans in the west.
Ok? Not sure what that has to do with it being a very nice stadium still or what your point is really.

What does Oakland have to do with this thread?? You're so OBSESSED with the Bay Area lol. Such a chip on your shoulder...

Last edited by sav858; 05-10-2017 at 04:58 PM..

Old 05-10-2017, 06:57 PM

412 posts, read 509,280 times
While San Diego is far from my favorite city, and feels somewhat like a suburb to Los Angeles (or a small city for people who wants to escape LA)...I still think it has the edge over Phoenix.

Phoenix has a similar feel to San Diego, in the way that it's a city that lives in the shadow of a much larger city (Los Angeles being the case for both Phoenix and San Diego). Phoenix is a smaller version of LA, out in the desert with no ocean access, for people who can't afford LA. San Diego is just for people who don't want to deal with LA (traffic etc).

And of course, San Diego is in California. California is one of the only really relevant states in America. San Diego also has a much better climate than Phoenix, and is right by the ocean.

This is no competition guys. San Diego wins this every time.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:28 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,730,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
While San Diego is far from my favorite city, and feels somewhat like a suburb to Los Angeles (or a small city for people who wants to escape LA)...I still think it has the edge over Phoenix.

Phoenix has a similar feel to San Diego, in the way that it's a city that lives in the shadow of a much larger city (Los Angeles being the case for both Phoenix and San Diego). Phoenix is a smaller version of LA, out in the desert with no ocean access, for people who can't afford LA. San Diego is just for people who don't want to deal with LA (traffic etc).

And of course, San Diego is in California. California is one of the only really relevant states in America. San Diego also has a much better climate than Phoenix, and is right by the ocean.

This is no competition guys. San Diego wins this every time.
I could afford LA but I love Phoenix, some of us actually like the desert... shocking to you I'm sure. I don't care to live next to a cold ocean and it took a solid 10 seconds to ruin your theory on why people live in Phoenix.

Next time try a little harder with your generalizations.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Nice try for showing videos of organized events as the norm for Downtown Phx nightlife LOL Remove the temporary white tents, positioned street entertainment and food trucks, etc. and you're left with empty lots, deserted sidewalks and a handful of establishments on random blocks. Don't try to play me because I've been to First Friday before and know that it happens only once a month.

And it's obvious you no nothing about SD if you think the Gaslamp is the only place for nightlife. Ever heard of Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, North Park, Little Italy, East Village or Hillcrest? Maybe you haven't heard that San Diego is a craft beer destination with breweries and tasting rooms spread throughout the area? Here's a map for you to study so you can see that downtown isn't the only place to go for a drink.

San Diego Brewery Map

Phoenix, on the other hand, has only 3 areas where people head out for the night......Mill Ave, Old Town and Downtown. Easy to say that downtown is the worst of the bunch.
It's obvious you know nothing about spelling.

You can have San Diego, personalities like yours make me glad I don't live there. Enjoy!

Old 05-10-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Wow, if you think Tempe and Old Town are urban, you're standards are super low or you've never left Arizona.....Or both. So what's going on outside of downtown Phoenix? Are Mesa, Peoria or Ahwatukee more happening these days?

It's funny you would bring up airport connectivity, Sky Harbor is twice as busy as San Diego Airport and yet there is only one nonstop to to Europe and none to Asia. San Diego has flights to London, Frankfurt and Tokyo. And nonstop to Zurich begins in June. But I will say getting from PHX to Lubbuck, Roswell or St. George Utah is a piece of cake!
Do you even know wtf the definition of urban living is? As in I can walk to work, nightlife and restaurants from my front door! I've got sports, live music, local shopping, breweries, farmers markets and light rail all within walking distance.... yeah that's Tempe and Scottsdale. You're the only one talking about Mesa.

Like most people I don't care about going to Zurich, I travel domestically for work and leisure and my connectivity here blows away San Diego. If I cared about international flights I'd be in LA not SD anyways. Your arguments are weaker then San Diego's pro sports line up.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:53 PM

444 posts, read 665,196 times
First these Phoenix posters, from a city known for being the anti-thesis of urbanity, trying to make their bland, suburban city sound urban now bringing up about light rail and connectivity? They're not just petty but extremely ignorant as well! San Diego has more than twice the ridership and Mileage as Phoenix.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...s_by_ridership

Next!

Old 05-10-2017, 11:15 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,889,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Do you even know wtf the definition of urban living is? As in I can walk to work, nightlife and restaurants from my front door! I've got sports, live music, local shopping, breweries, farmers markets and light rail all within walking distance.... yeah that's Tempe and Scottsdale. You're the only one talking about Mesa.
Well which is it, Tempe or Scottsdale? They are at least a two hour walk from each other. You aren't walking from a bar in Tempe to shop in Scottsdale. And neither are walking distance to "vibrant" dt Phoenix. You like to talk the talk but if you are like just about every other Phonecian I know you don't walk the walk, because it ain't urban enough, and it's too damn hot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City