Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 11:31 AM

110 posts, read 116,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
That's only south side Chicago? Also, that's very ignorant reason. I'm guessing Charleston has a bad rep of being a racist old south bigoted place but I doubt it is.
You can read news articles about the drive by shootings of kids going to school in Chicago all the time. That isn't happening in Charlesotn on a regular basis.

Charleston probably has that rep but mostly with people of a certain politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 11:32 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,350,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Asking Questions View Post
lol, well it doesnt sound like you wouold be happy anywhere if you can only be happy in cities as large as NYC or Chicago. Majority of cities in the country are smaller.

Charleston probably has more restaurants per capita than Chicago does. Given Chicago is so big, it is probably underserved.
You're joking right?

Old 06-20-2015, 11:33 AM

98 posts, read 132,515 times
Quote:
concerts...lol how often do people go to concerts. It is rare and Charlesotn is close enough to atlanta, charlotte, raleigh for occasional concert. The North Charleston colisium gets major music artists.

I'd rather live near the beach in a warmer climate then in a frozen tundra near a concert venue though.

Charleston has more than enough bars and restaurants for most people. you can only go to one bar/restaurant at a time. lol
People go to concerts all the time! Most of the arguments for Chicago seem to be going over your head because you're some kind of shut-in who only leaves the house to go to the beach.

"You can only go to one bar/restaurant at a time"

Old 06-20-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Not at all; that's something that typically explicitly stated in discussions like these on the City vs City subforum.

And you don't think it's fair I can bring up job/professional advancement opportunities? Come on dude, give me a break.
it is obvious Chicago has more jobs. What would be the point of the topic if that was the major consideration?

Not all cities with a lot of jobs are the ones that pepole would live in, if given a choice.

You aren't allowed to talk about unique geographical features of a city in a city vs city topic?

Old 06-20-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wt View Post
People go to concerts all the time! Most of the arguments for Chicago seem to be going over your head because you're some kind of shut-in who only leaves the house to go to the beach.

"You can only go to one bar/restaurant at a time"

Must have a lot of money to go to concerts all the time. Those artists really price gouge. Never saw the appeal of standing for couple of hours to watch artists play music if you can just buy their CD for fraction of the cost and listen to it while driving or doing other stuff.

What is wrong with my last statement? Do you really think Charleston has a lack of restaurants and bars? lol It is basically known for its reastaurants and bars.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:36 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,350,572 times
Quote:
it is obvious Chicago has more jobs. What would be the point of the topic if that was the major consideration?

Not all cities with a lot of jobs are the ones that pepole would live in, if given a choice.

You aren't allowed to talk about unique geographical features of a city in a city vs city topic?
Chicago has a bunch of major sports teams and Charleston does not. Chicago has many different ethnic enclaves and Charleston does not. Chicago is a WORLD CLASS city and Charleston is not and I doubt it will ever be.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
You're joking right?
No. I believe Charlesotn has more restaurants per person than does Chicago.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:38 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Nope. The New York post had a six page story on the incident. Apparently this whole situation is bringing up Charlestons history if you know what I mean even though the killer isn't from there. I could give you the link, I don't know if you use social media but if you have it's gone pretty viral. Which is why I'm not ashamed or see it as harsh because it's been getting negative feedback on Twitter etc.
Sure, stuff that happened 150 years ago. Only an idiot wouldn't know that Charleston didn't have slavery during that time, just like DC did. That's only casting a light on its history, not its present. Do you even know the difference?

Quote:
Also, I don't see why DC wouldn't be appealing after 9/11 lol.
So I guess you have no clue about the role of the U.S. in the Middle East over the years and the significance of the hijackers attacking the Pentagon huh? Yeah, got it.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Chicago has a bunch of major sports teams and Charleston does not. Chicago has many different ethnic enclaves and Charleston does not. Chicago is a WORLD CLASS city and Charleston is not and I doubt it will ever be.
lol, this only matters to pro sports fans. SC is more about college football and living the good life, hitting the beach and lake.

there is no passion in pro sports.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:39 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:

And it's obvious that Charleston is farther south than Chicago with warmer weather and is close to Atlantic Ocean beaches. LOLOL, you're a trip dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City