Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the best regional hot dog style?
New York (Simple - brown mustard, sauerkraut, onions/tomato paste) 36 14.94%
Chicago (poppy seed bun, fresh tomato, big spears of pickle, hot peppers, sweet onion, celery salt, green relish 108 44.81%
Seattle (cream cheese, grilled onions, sriracha, with dogs split) 23 9.54%
Sonoran (bacon-wrapped, beans, grilled onion, tomatoes, mayonnaise/cream sauce) 20 8.30%
Kansas City (sesame seed bun, brown mustard, sauerkraut, melted Swiss cheese) 9 3.73%
Other (Please name) 45 18.67%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 05:49 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,592,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
I usually ask for no mayo when I order. It's called the LA Street Dog in LA, and I usually have a jalapeño with it, yum
So bizarre that mayo would be a default on a hot dog!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 07:35 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,875,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
KOREAN STYLE!!! We have these in our Hmart Food Courts in DC Metro- phenomenal!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/zzang-hot-dog-convoy-san-diego
We have one inside the one here in Cary called MAT JIB and they are FIRE!!!!!!!!!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/mat-jib-cary-2

(DEAR MOD let it slide lol some people don't want to click on the link )

I get the ban ban every time but I'm going to try the potato one eventually but the ban ban just doesn't miss

Old 07-28-2021, 09:49 PM

14,187 posts, read 9,085,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
KOREAN STYLE!!! We have these in our Hmart Food Courts in DC Metro- phenomenal!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/zzang-hot-dog-convoy-san-diego
H Mart food courts are cool — they encourage small Korean-owned or -themed businesses to set up outposts in them. One such business, Paris Baguette, looks to me like it's become a chain of its own; I've seen some freestanding Paris Baguette bakeries here in Philadelphia.

Maybe I can encourage one of the local H Marts (there are two of them near me; there's a large Korean-American population in the stretch of North Philadelphia that includes Olney and extends into Cheltenham) to recruit a Korean hot dog stand to open in it. Or maybe if I'm lucky, there is already one in the new H Mart at Front and Godfrey.

Those deep-fried, stuffed Korean dogs are definitely like none other I've ever seen (save for that Midwest county fair staple, the corn dog).

Old 07-29-2021, 11:49 AM

8,869 posts, read 6,878,641 times
Maybe I'm a homer, but Seattle dogs with the cream cheese and onions are awesome. We don't have a lot of hot dog stands but I'm in a touristy area and can get one easily. Might do that for dinner today.

Anything with fresh tomatoes sounds disgusting.

Old 07-29-2021, 12:15 PM

2,304 posts, read 1,715,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
H Mart food courts are cool — they encourage small Korean-owned or -themed businesses to set up outposts in them. One such business, Paris Baguette, looks to me like it's become a chain of its own; I've seen some freestanding Paris Baguette bakeries here in Philadelphia.

Maybe I can encourage one of the local H Marts (there are two of them near me; there's a large Korean-American population in the stretch of North Philadelphia that includes Olney and extends into Cheltenham) to recruit a Korean hot dog stand to open in it. Or maybe if I'm lucky, there is already one in the new H Mart at Front and Godfrey.

Those deep-fried, stuffed Korean dogs are definitely like none other I've ever seen (save for that Midwest county fair staple, the corn dog).
There's a Korean Dog place near my house and some of them look pretty good, but I haven't had the guts to try it yet.

Old 07-29-2021, 12:59 PM

171 posts, read 188,941 times
Default Detroit

I love the Coney Dogs in Detroit. Hotdog, chill, onions and mustard. Just delicious! I have love for Chicago Dogs also though.

Last edited by y2c313; 07-29-2021 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: More info.

Old 07-29-2021, 01:05 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,875,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Adultman View Post
There's a Korean Dog place near my house and some of them look pretty good, but I haven't had the guts to try it yet.
once you do you will not regret it, you'll regret not trying them sooner

Old 07-29-2021, 01:56 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,942,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Maybe I'm a homer, but Seattle dogs with the cream cheese and onions are awesome. We don't have a lot of hot dog stands but I'm in a touristy area and can get one easily. Might do that for dinner today.

Anything with fresh tomatoes sounds disgusting.
Not as disgusting as creme cheese on a hot dog, that's just...bizarre.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:36 PM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
No Slaw Dogs? I vote Other.
I agree, clearly the "experts" haven't tried all of the options.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:04 AM

365 posts, read 230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Not as disgusting as creme cheese on a hot dog, that's just...bizarre.
It's actually really good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City