Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2019, 05:40 PM

14,179 posts, read 9,068,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Charleston, it's a lot more interesting.

Savannah, GA or New Orleans, LA?
Six months out of the year in Savannah, the other six in New Orleans.

Not fair to pit these two very charming, distinctive, original cities against each other.

If I must choose one, New Orleans because of the food, but I really don't want to.

Lancaster, Pa., or Lancaster, Calif.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 07:44 AM

2,545 posts, read 2,866,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Six months out of the year in Savannah, the other six in New Orleans.

Not fair to pit these two very charming, distinctive, original cities against each other.

If I must choose one, New Orleans because of the food, but I really don't want to.

Lancaster, Pa., or Lancaster, Calif.?
Normally I would always choose Southern California over Pennsylvania but in this case I think I'd prefer Lancaster, PA. It has a very nice walk-able downtown for a city its size and is a short drive from a lot of nice attractions in Eastern PA. Lancaster, CA is a bit too suburban for my liking (and not the most prosperous city on top of that) and far enough from the LA core that traveling back and forth wouldn't be particularly easy.

Coos Bay, OR or Aberdeen, WA?

Old 02-11-2019, 01:27 PM

11 posts, read 12,544 times
Denver, CO

Saint Louis or Kansas City?

Old 02-11-2019, 01:38 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Normally I would always choose Southern California over Pennsylvania but in this case I think I'd prefer Lancaster, PA. It has a very nice walk-able downtown for a city its size and is a short drive from a lot of nice attractions in Eastern PA. Lancaster, CA is a bit too suburban for my liking (and not the most prosperous city on top of that) and far enough from the LA core that traveling back and forth wouldn't be particularly easy.

Coos Bay, OR or Aberdeen, WA?
Coos Bay, slightly better weather and Aberdeen is really depressing.

Louisville, KY or Boise, ID?

Old 02-11-2019, 02:00 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,519,579 times
Quote:
Coos Bay, slightly better weather and Aberdeen is really depressing.

Louisville, KY or Boise, ID?
Both are very good areas. I'll take Louisville because they're larger, more to do, and close to more larger metros.

Dallas, TX and Kansas City, MO?

Old 02-11-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Both are very good areas. I'll take Louisville because they're larger, more to do, and close to more larger metros.

Dallas, TX and Kansas City, MO?
This is going to surprise all of you, given what you know about me, but: Dallas.

The summers are scorchers relative to Kansas City, granted, but there's more to do in the city and better mass transit. With the opening of 18th and Vine there, I can even get Kansas City-style Q.

Philadelphia or Pittsburgh?

Old 02-11-2019, 02:48 PM

256 posts, read 151,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
This is going to surprise all of you, given what you know about me, but: Dallas.

The summers are scorchers relative to Kansas City, granted, but there's more to do in the city and better mass transit. With the opening of 18th and Vine there, I can even get Kansas City-style Q.

Philadelphia or Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh.

Spokane, WA or Colorado Springs, CO?

Old 02-11-2019, 02:52 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
Pittsburgh.

Spokane, WA or Colorado Springs, CO?
Spokane, I could live in Colorado but wouldn't want to live in the Springs. Spokane is close to some of my favorite lakes in Northern Idaho, and good access to Seattle and Portland.

Laguna Beach, CA or Monterey, CA?

Old 02-12-2019, 01:12 AM

3,244 posts, read 6,300,862 times
Quote:
Spokane, I could live in Colorado but wouldn't want to live in the Springs. Spokane is close to some of my favorite lakes in Northern Idaho, and good access to Seattle and Portland.

Laguna Beach, CA or Monterey, CA?
I prefer Laguna Beach. It has great easy access to all the attractions of Orange County and is only 50 miles to downtown LA. Monterey is ok for a weekend visit but I see it as a small town of less than 30k population that is too isolated.

Montclair, NJ or Kenosha, WI?

Old 02-12-2019, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I prefer Laguna Beach. It has great easy access to all the attractions of Orange County and is only 50 miles to downtown LA. Monterey is ok for a weekend visit but I see it as a small town of less than 30k population that is too isolated.

Montclair, NJ or Kenosha, WI?
Montclair. Cool suburb with a really urbane downtown and lovely housing stock. Even though North Jerseyites' fashion sense is straight outta tha 'hood, it's still a very good-looking place.

Wayne, Pa., or Wayne, N.J.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City