U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-03-2018, 09:05 PM
 
5,559 posts, read 5,998,912 times
Reputation: 4117

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
Houston, TX. New Orleans isn't my kind of city.

While we're on Texas...Amarillo, TX or Santa Fe, NM?
Santa Fe. Had quite a few bad days in Amarillo.

Honolulu or San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-03-2018, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
4,873 posts, read 3,948,917 times
Reputation: 3536
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Santa Fe. Had quite a few bad days in Amarillo.

Honolulu or San Diego.
San Diego. I would definitely live there.

Clarksville, TN or Bowling Green, KY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2018, 12:09 AM
 
Location: Salinas, CA
14,819 posts, read 4,736,727 times
Reputation: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
San Diego. I would definitely live there.

Clarksville, TN or Bowling Green, KY?
Clarksville, TN

Over twice as large as Bowling Green. About the same size as the city I live in now (slightly over 150k). Am guessing there is not much difference in climate, lifestyle, natural scenery etc, so Clarksville gets the slight edge.

The Rose Bowl has Ohio State playing Washington...

Columbus, OH or Seattle, WA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2018, 12:30 AM
 
Location: AL
203 posts, read 36,775 times
Reputation: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Clarksville, TN

Over twice as large as Bowling Green. About the same size as the city I live in now (slightly over 150k). Am guessing there is not much difference in climate, lifestyle, natural scenery etc, so Clarksville gets the slight edge.

The Rose Bowl has Ohio State playing Washington...

Columbus, OH or Seattle, WA?
Columbus, OH. Seattle doesn't sound like a city that would suit me AT ALL.

Annapolis, MD or Duluth, MN? Both very different port cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2018, 05:18 AM
 
Location: Germantown, Philadelphia
4,736 posts, read 2,289,557 times
Reputation: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
Columbus, OH. Seattle doesn't sound like a city that would suit me AT ALL.

Annapolis, MD or Duluth, MN? Both very different port cities.
Annapolis. More of a recreational than an industrial port. And the Annapolis harbor is charming. It also sits at the south end of the nation's shortest two-digit Interstate highway, Interstate 97, which begins 15 miles to the north in Baltimore.

I'm going to channel another current discussion here in City vs. City:

Indianapolis or Kansas City?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2018, 05:49 AM
 
1,183 posts, read 574,625 times
Reputation: 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Annapolis. More of a recreational than an industrial port. And the Annapolis harbor is charming. It also sits at the south end of the nation's shortest two-digit Interstate highway, Interstate 97, which begins 15 miles to the north in Baltimore.

I'm going to channel another current discussion here in City vs. City:

Indianapolis or Kansas City?
Indianapolis. Mostly because it seems safer.


Washington DC vs Chicago Illinois
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2018, 06:11 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
22,485 posts, read 34,598,622 times
Reputation: 14540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
Indianapolis. Mostly because it seems safer.


Washington DC vs Chicago Illinois
Chicago all day.

Tucson, AZ or El Paso, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2018, 11:30 AM
 
3,232 posts, read 1,412,403 times
Reputation: 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Chicago all day.

Tucson, AZ or El Paso, TX?
Tucson

Roanoke, VA or Boise, ID?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2018, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
4,873 posts, read 3,948,917 times
Reputation: 3536
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Tucson

Roanoke, VA or Boise, ID?
Boise is much better.

Phoenix, AZ or Omaha, NE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2018, 01:52 PM
 
989 posts, read 917,930 times
Reputation: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Boise is much better.

Phoenix, AZ or Omaha, NE?
Phoenix for sure. I love the desert, plus lots of attractive rich people live in Phoenix haha.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or Tampa Bay, Florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:27 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top