Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 08:06 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,958,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Kansas City because I could afford to live there and buy plane tickets to Seattle and a hundred other places for the price of being stationary in Seattle. Plus it’s a cool town anyway.

Hattiesburg, MS, or Morgantown, WV?
Morgantown, since its a college town making it relatively progressive, isn't too far from Pittsburgh, and has a true four-season climate. Hattiesburg is too humid, flat, and "deep south" for my tastes.

Louisa, KY or Winnemucca, NV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 09:18 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,526,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Morgantown, since its a college town making it relatively progressive, isn't too far from Pittsburgh, and has a true four-season climate. Hattiesburg is too humid, flat, and "deep south" for my tastes.

Louisa, KY or Winnemucca, NV?

Never heard of either town. I'll go with Louisa since I prefer KY to NV.

Allentown, PA or Dayton, OH?

Old 09-06-2019, 10:58 AM

2,545 posts, read 2,872,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Never heard of either town. I'll go with Louisa since I prefer KY to NV.

Allentown, PA or Dayton, OH?
Good comparison that I've never seen on here before. I like Dayton better as a city proper. I like Allentown's region better. I choose Allentown for that reason. Many more interesting places to see and things to do within a few hour drive.

Jacksonville, FL or Virginia Beach, VA?

Old 09-06-2019, 11:08 AM

93,414 posts, read 124,120,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Good comparison that I've never seen on here before. I like Dayton better as a city proper. I like Allentown's region better. I choose Allentown for that reason. Many more interesting places to see and things to do within a few hour drive.

Jacksonville, FL or Virginia Beach, VA?
Virginia Beach due to its location on the coast

Topeka KS or Salem OR?

Old 09-06-2019, 11:13 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,927,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Virginia Beach due to its location on the coast

Topeka KS or Salem OR?
Salem, because Oregon, with the Pacific Ocean>>>>>Kansas

Scranton, PA vs. Sandusky, OH

Old 09-06-2019, 04:27 PM

1,098 posts, read 903,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Salem, because Oregon, with the Pacific Ocean>>>>>Kansas

Scranton, PA vs. Sandusky, OH
Sandusky, OH. I have family there and I'd love spending summers at Cedar Point and Cleveland is much closer to Sandusky than NYC is to Scranton.

Provo, UT vs. Barrytown, NY

Last edited by Jame22; 09-06-2019 at 04:38 PM..

Old 09-07-2019, 05:10 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,101,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Sandusky, OH. I have family there and I'd love spending summers at Cedar Point and Cleveland is much closer to Sandusky than NYC is to Scranton.

Provo, UT vs. Barrytown, NY
Barrytown, NY. On the Hudson which is much cleaner than it once was. Close to my city. I would feel out of place in Utah.

Detroit, Michigan vs Newark, NJ

Old 09-07-2019, 07:48 PM

14,191 posts, read 9,089,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Barrytown, NY. On the Hudson which is much cleaner than it once was. Close to my city. I would feel out of place in Utah.

Detroit, Michigan vs Newark, NJ
Not sure what you were getting at by pairing these, but: Newark. Downtown Detroit may be on the mend, but Newark's downtown never really hit bottom, and there's a lot of life in it. Greektown and the Ironbound may be analogous, but I still think the New Jersey city has more to offer, even if it is smaller. And, of course, it's just a 15-minute train ride from New York.

Lancaster, Pa., or Lancaster, Calif.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:37 PM

4,622 posts, read 3,007,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Not sure what you were getting at by pairing these, but: Newark. Downtown Detroit may be on the mend, but Newark's downtown never really hit bottom, and there's a lot of life in it. Greektown and the Ironbound may be analogous, but I still think the New Jersey city has more to offer, even if it is smaller. And, of course, it's just a 15-minute train ride from New York.

Lancaster, Pa., or Lancaster, Calif.
Interesting duo there.

I'd take the one in CA, because I love to hike, and Lancaster CA is conveniently located
just north of the San Gabriel Mountains.

But I'll admit the restaurants might be better in Lancaster PA -- isn't it part of the Pennsylvania Dutch country?

Reno or Tucson?

Old 09-08-2019, 04:06 PM

1,098 posts, read 903,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Interesting duo there.

I'd take the one in CA, because I love to hike, and Lancaster CA is conveniently located
just north of the San Gabriel Mountains.

But I'll admit the restaurants might be better in Lancaster PA -- isn't it part of the Pennsylvania Dutch country?

Reno or Tucson?
Reno. From what little I've read it kind of sounds like the economy is on the upswing. Reno is pretty arid but it's a quick drive to the mountains.

Denver, CO vs. Louisville, KY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City