Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 09:44 PM

14,362 posts, read 9,259,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
Without knowing much about either city, I'll take Rockford. Nicer weather, a bit prettier, proximity to Chicago, IL and Madison, WI (1.5~ hours from each). Ohio as a whole doesn't really appeal to me.

Annapolis, MD or Superior, WI?
Annapolis. One of the most charming state capitals in the country, right on an inlet of the Chesapeake Bay. Oldest state capitol building still in use in the country. Just 18 miles from Baltimore's Inner Harbor (and you can take a transit bus from Annapolis to Baltimore) and 30 from Washington. Its own harbor is cute and lively for a smallish city as well.

Dover, N.H., or Dover, Del.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 07:50 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,915,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Annapolis. One of the most charming state capitals in the country, right on an inlet of the Chesapeake Bay. Oldest state capitol building still in use in the country. Just 18 miles from Baltimore's Inner Harbor (and you can take a transit bus from Annapolis to Baltimore) and 30 from Washington. Its own harbor is cute and lively for a smallish city as well.

Dover, N.H., or Dover, Del.
Dover, NH... Seems like a nicer town that has more going on within its general region.

Bloomington, IN or Bloomington, MN?

Old 11-01-2019, 09:04 AM

9,736 posts, read 9,520,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Dover, NH... Seems like a nicer town that has more going on within its general region.

Bloomington, IN or Bloomington, MN?
Bloomington, IN for sure. A wonderful and affordable town.

Lavergne, TN or Greenwood, IN?

Old 11-03-2019, 09:02 AM

1,098 posts, read 912,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Bloomington, IN for sure. A wonderful and affordable town.

Lavergne, TN or Greenwood, IN?
Greenwood, IN. I prefer the Midwest to the South. Greenwood is right outside of Indy and within a few hours of Chicago, Louisville, Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus. Also, I've heard good things about the forests in southern Indiana. Probably a lot of good hiking with relatively low crowds

Sacramento, CA vs. Indianapolis, IN

Old 11-03-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Greenwood, IN. I prefer the Midwest to the South. Greenwood is right outside of Indy and within a few hours of Chicago, Louisville, Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus. Also, I've heard good things about the forests in southern Indiana. Probably a lot of good hiking with relatively low crowds

Sacramento, CA vs. Indianapolis, IN
Sacramento. The area is growing faster with better infrastructure. Indianapolis is less safe and not as exciting. Indianapolis is cheaper though.

Cincinnati, OH or Los Angeles, CA?

Old 11-03-2019, 09:17 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,475,135 times
Quote:
Sacramento. The area is growing faster with better infrastructure. Indianapolis is less safe and not as exciting. Indianapolis is cheaper though.

Cincinnati, OH or Los Angeles, CA?
Cincinnati. I really prefer the four season climate, greenery, urbanity and character of the downtown, (better) proximity to the Northeast, and affordability there. Cincinnati is easily my favorite city in Ohio.

Rehoboth Beach, DE or Newport, RI?

Old 11-03-2019, 10:48 AM

31 posts, read 8,907 times
Newport. I prefer living in the Northeast, especially the New England area. Although Delaware is in the Northeast, Newport seems to have more to see compared to Rehoboth. Especially when you could just hike in vast areas in Newport and go to very good restaurants in the local area.

Jersey City, NJ or Albany, NY?

Old 11-03-2019, 01:56 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,915,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellRaven3030 View Post
Newport. I prefer living in the Northeast, especially the New England area. Although Delaware is in the Northeast, Newport seems to have more to see compared to Rehoboth. Especially when you could just hike in vast areas in Newport and go to very good restaurants in the local area.

Jersey City, NJ or Albany, NY?
Jersey City... It has some nice, fairly affordable urban neighborhoods that are accessible to NYC via public transportation. It's arguably the best place to live outside the boroughs if you want the closest thing to the traditional NYC lifestyle.

Fairfield, NJ or Fairfield, CT?

Old 11-03-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Jersey City... It has some nice, fairly affordable urban neighborhoods that are accessible to NYC via public transportation. It's arguably the best place to live outside the boroughs if you want the closest thing to the traditional NYC lifestyle.

Fairfield, NJ or Fairfield, CT?
Fairfield, CT. NJ is not for me.

Clarksville, TN or Hickory, NC?

Old 11-04-2019, 01:17 AM

597 posts, read 456,336 times
Quote:
Fairfield, CT. NJ is not for me.

Clarksville, TN or Hickory, NC?

Hickory. Not sure if you would call it a small city or a bit town, but a more interesting place than meets the eye.... plus location wise... I could be in the mountains in 30 minutes..... Asheville, Charlotte, and the Triad are all reachable within an hour's drive.

Corpus Christi or Mobile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City