Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2020, 02:02 AM

9,736 posts, read 9,520,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Nashville. Livelier entertainment and nightlife.

Indy or KC?
KC. Nicer city with more culture.

Cincinnati, OH or Atlanta, GA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 08:48 AM

7,780 posts, read 10,220,456 times
Atlanta. I don't even know if I'd objectively like Atlanta more, but I just know that for my family we would take Atlanta by default. Closer to "home," better weather, more Asians, and we already know it pretty well. It would be comfortable and something we'd have no problems with.

Orlando v Chicago

Old 01-14-2020, 09:00 AM

32,630 posts, read 77,836,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Orlando v Chicago
Chicago. I'm a big city guy who craves walkability and an active street life. In addition, I love historic architecture and skyscrapers. Chicago is a no-brainer for me despite my disdain for its harsh summers and winters.

NEXT: Albany, NY vs. Columbia, SC?

Old 01-14-2020, 09:09 AM

8,611 posts, read 4,855,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Chicago. I'm a big city guy who craves walkability and an active street life. In addition, I love historic architecture and skyscrapers. Chicago is a no-brainer for me despite my disdain for its harsh summers and winters.

NEXT: Albany, NY vs. Columbia, SC?
Easy, Columbia. Because it’s not the Northeast.

Dayton, OH or Wichita, KS?

Old 01-14-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Easy, Columbia. Because it’s not the Northeast.

Dayton, OH or Wichita, KS?
Dayton, OH better location, more opportunities, better shopping.

Nolensville, TN or Cartersville, GA?

Old 01-14-2020, 01:09 PM

32,630 posts, read 77,836,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post

Cartersville, GA. Far enough northwest of Atlanta to feel a bit slower-paced, relaxed, and calm yet still close enough to take easy day-trips into the city for culture/nightlife/events as well as not being too far from Cobb Town Center or Lake Allatoona. My aunt and uncle just moved to PA from Acworth, GA near the Kennesaw town line, and they loved living in that area of NW Cobb. I realize Cartersville is just beyond that---but it's not far beyond that. Also seems to have a cute Downtown area, which is a plus for me. Nolensville, TN is much smaller and doesn't really have a cute town center or anything.

NEXT: Dubuque, IA or Dothan, AL?

Old 01-14-2020, 01:10 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,915,947 times
Quote:

Nolensville... twice as close to downtown Nashville as Cartersville is to downtown Atlanta... both places seems like decent towns to raise a family but Nolensville is a bit more prosperous with better public schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Cartersville, GA. Far enough northwest of Atlanta to feel a bit slower-paced, relaxed, and calm yet still close enough to take easy day-trips into the city for culture/nightlife/events as well as not being too far from Cobb Town Center or Lake Allatoona. My aunt and uncle just moved to PA from Acworth, GA near the Kennesaw town line, and they loved living in that area of NW Cobb. I realize Cartersville is just beyond that---but it's not far beyond that. Also seems to have a cute Downtown area, which is a plus for me. Nolensville, TN is much smaller and doesn't really have a cute town center or anything.

NEXT: Dubuque, IA or Dothan, AL?
Dubuque... As much as I'd like the warmer winters in Dothan, I think there would still be a bit too much culture shock for me. I hear good things about Dubuque on this forum so I don't think it would be the worst place to live despite it being a bit isolated from big cities for my taste.

Fort Myers, FL or Savannah, GA?

Old 01-14-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Nolensville... twice as close to downtown Nashville as Cartersville is to downtown Atlanta... both places seems like decent towns to raise a family but Nolensville is a bit more prosperous with better public schools.

Dubuque... As much as I'd like the warmer winters in Dothan, I think there would still be a bit too much culture shock for me. I hear good things about Dubuque on this forum so I don't think it would be the worst place to live despite it being a bit isolated from big cities for my taste.

Fort Myers, FL or Savannah, GA?
Fort Myers, such a good area to raise a family. Close to Naples, Sarasota, etc. fantastic.

Palm Springs, CA or Ft. Lauderdale, FL?

Old 01-14-2020, 04:18 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,969,712 times
Quote:
Fort Myers, such a good area to raise a family. Close to Naples, Sarasota, etc. fantastic.

Palm Springs, CA or Ft. Lauderdale, FL?
Palm Springs, because CA>>>>>>..............FL

Denver, CO vs. Milwaukee, WI

Old 01-14-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Palm Springs, because CA>>>>>>..............FL

Denver, CO vs. Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee. Denver is too expensive.

Charlotte, NC or Pittsburgh, PA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City