Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 06:36 AM

8,300 posts, read 5,763,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Philadelphia... Seems like a better fit based on my preferences for culture, weather, and regional proximity to other places of interest.

San Angelo, TX or Sioux Falls, SD?
San Angelo. The weather is much nicer.

Inkster, MI or Harvey, IL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 07:58 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,586,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
San Angelo. The weather is much nicer.

Inkster, MI or Harvey, IL?
I really would choose neither. Inkster is a better town, but Harvey is in a better metro. I'll pick Inkster. Just seems to be a little better.

Last night's football game: Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA?

Old 12-30-2019, 08:06 AM

8,300 posts, read 5,763,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I really would choose neither. Inkster is a better town, but Harvey is in a better metro. I'll pick Inkster. Just seems to be a little better.

Last night's football game: Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA?
I don't care for either. San Francisco's too expensive and Seattle's too cloudy.

If I had to choose, San Francisco because it's in a somewhat reasonable location for day drives to other cities.

Alpharetta, GA vs. Reston, VA?

Old 12-30-2019, 08:19 AM

1,819 posts, read 1,985,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
I don't care for either. San Francisco's too expensive and Seattle's too cloudy.

If I had to choose, San Francisco because it's in a somewhat reasonable location for day drives to other cities.

Alpharetta, GA vs. Reston, VA?
Reston, because it has an actual walkable town center with a heavy rail transit station opening up soon with access to DC and more. It's also closer to a major airport, not as southern, and more diverse (much better Asian food in particular). Easy move for my brother since it would be just a half hour commute for him. Alpharetta is relatively walkable for metro Atlanta standards, but it still feels too disconnected and requires a car.

Glen Cove, NY or Wilmette, IL?

Old 12-30-2019, 08:57 AM

2,576 posts, read 2,918,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Reston, because it has an actual walkable town center with a heavy rail transit station opening up soon with access to DC and more. It's also closer to a major airport, not as southern, and more diverse (much better Asian food in particular). Easy move for my brother since it would be just a half hour commute for him. Alpharetta is relatively walkable for metro Atlanta standards, but it still feels too disconnected and requires a car.

Glen Cove, NY or Wilmette, IL?
Wilmette... Both seem like nice suburbs but I prefer Wilmette's location within its metro area over Glen Cove's.

Lowell, MA or Piscataway, NJ?

Old 12-30-2019, 09:43 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,586,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Wilmette... Both seem like nice suburbs but I prefer Wilmette's location within its metro area over Glen Cove's.

Lowell, MA or Piscataway, NJ?
Don't know a whole lot about either town itself. But I definitely prefer Boston metro over NYC metro, so I'll go with Lowell.

Minneapolis, MN or Charlotte, NC?

Old 12-30-2019, 11:54 AM

14,365 posts, read 9,267,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Don't know a whole lot about either town itself. But I definitely prefer Boston metro over NYC metro, so I'll go with Lowell.

Minneapolis, MN or Charlotte, NC?
Minneapolis. Long winters don't faze me; I dealt with some rough ones in Boston. The "Minneapple" has a high QOL, great amenities (lots of parks surrounding some of those 10,000 lakes, a great theater and good eating too) and loads of "Minnesota nice."

Mobile or Birmingham, Ala.?

Old 12-30-2019, 12:38 PM

9,738 posts, read 9,527,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Minneapolis. Long winters don't faze me; I dealt with some rough ones in Boston. The "Minneapple" has a high QOL, great amenities (lots of parks surrounding some of those 10,000 lakes, a great theater and good eating too) and loads of "Minnesota nice."

Mobile or Birmingham, Ala.?
Mobile. It is a prettier area. I love the bay and its proximity to Pensacola. I need to explore the antique shops and thrift stores.

Rehoboth Beach, DE or Gary, IN?

Old 12-30-2019, 01:52 PM

14,365 posts, read 9,267,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Mobile. It is a prettier area. I love the bay and its proximity to Pensacola. I need to explore the antique shops and thrift stores.

Rehoboth Beach, DE or Gary, IN?
Surely you jest.

Yes, I know there are spectacular dunes near Gary, not to mention a beach within the city limits, but in this case, I'd go for charm over grittiness.

Rehoboth Beach.

But since we're in this vein: Rehoboth Beach or Saugatuck, Mich.?

Old 12-30-2019, 04:22 PM

10,784 posts, read 23,955,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Surely you jest.

Yes, I know there are spectacular dunes near Gary, not to mention a beach within the city limits, but in this case, I'd go for charm over grittiness.

Rehoboth Beach.

But since we're in this vein: Rehoboth Beach or Saugatuck, Mich.?
Rehoboth, I'm interested in visiting Saugatuck but I like the idea of living near salt water again. I found RB to be charming and more of what I was looking for compared to OCMD down the road, where I went earlier in the year. Nonetheless that whole area had awesome beaches and I'd like to go again.

Jamestown, RI or Stonington, CT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City