Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 01:49 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,423,201 times

Advertisements

What are some cities that give off a vibe of sexiness to you, both in the media an in person?

1. Miami - It's exotic feel to it, Latin diversity, and overall vibe just oozes sexiness to me.
2. LA - I don't feel it's as overpowering as Miami, but certain parts, like Santa Monica, West Hollywood, etc, there is s sexy vibe to the city.
3. NYC - Kind of like LA, it's sexiness isn't overpowering like Miami, but in certain parts like Manhattan there is a sexiness vibe to the city.

Las Vegas I would have considered at one point, sexy, but once you start walking around and see the types of tourists it MOSTLY brings in, well the city feels much less sexy then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 02:32 PM

17,245 posts, read 15,446,776 times
Maybe it's because I've been to Miami too many times, and often for things other than just leisure, but I just don't find it "sexy" at all. The sexy vibe people often describe is the "hot bikini-clad babe" walking around downtown and South Beach, but it gets old, and fast, as I've come to notice that they ALL LOOK THE SAME. Brazilian butt lifts, tummy tucks, and boobs. Their bodies are ALL THE SAME. And they ooze of arrogance and think they are famous models because of Instagram, or because they appeared as a video ho in a rap video lol. I'll pass.

Ironically, I don't see this in LA. I think Santa Monica is FAR sexier than South Beach, for instance.
Other than that, NYC and Montreal come to mind -- places where men and women take lots of pride in their looks/fashion, and it all comes with the unique culture(s) found within the cities.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 02-20-2019 at 02:47 PM..

Old 02-20-2019, 02:44 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,669,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Maybe it's because I've been to Miami too many times, and often for things other than just leisure, but I just don't find it "sexy" at all. The sexy vibe people often describe is the "hot bikini-clad babe" walking around downtown and South Beach, but it gets old, and fast, as I've come to notice that they ALL LOOK THE SAME. Brazilian butt lifts, tummy tucks, and boobs. Their bodies are ALL THE SAME. And they ooze of arrogance and think they are famous models because of Instagram, or because they appeared as a video ho in a rap video lol. I'll pass.

Ironically, I don't see this in LA. I think Santa Monica is FAR sexier than South Beach, for instance.
Other than that, NYC and Montreal come to mind -- places where men and women take lots of pride in their looks/fashion without all looking/dressing the same.
Fake is considered sexy these days and having lived on SoBe and Brickell myself, fake is the motto of the city. I understand people say it's a sexy city but the thing is most of the people are there on vacation, so should it count? or is it a 50/50 thing?. When it comes to sexiness to a city, Montreal for sure (culture, architecture, European feel) NYC as well, Vancouver with the oceanfront and the mountains in the background. I also find L.A pretty sexy too but I agree that Santa Monica is sexier as well.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:45 PM

13,357 posts, read 39,994,162 times
Montreal

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-20-2019, 03:10 PM

1,299 posts, read 1,280,520 times
Atlanta
New Orleans

Old 02-20-2019, 03:22 PM

4,406 posts, read 4,304,724 times
I think Austin and Nashville have the sex appeal of being the best scene for young indie musicians. Or people just interested in hip urban life. Seattle has sex appeal with all the scenery and the space needle, also the tech scene.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:51 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,836,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Seattle has sex appeal with all the scenery and the space needle, also the tech scene.
Seattle has sex appeal I just lived in America's most sexless and unsexiest city for the last 6 years.. No, Seattle is the antithesis of sexiness.. The people, the city's infrastructure and perpetual smell of human excretment and people who dress even sloppier than their homeless population. You would seriously think that most of Seattle shops at thrift stores looking at the attire of people around the town. Sweatpants, hoodies and flannels are four star dining apparel. Being also that it is a much more male-centric city, I find a lot of the women there also act and try to look more masculine. A lot of tomboys and effeminate kind of guys. A strange mix of reverse gender stereotypes.

Oh yes, I am a software developer and was hanging out with a lot of techies in Seattle. I think you couldn't find a group of men who were any less sexier than the Seattle techies. Seriously, I cannot think of anyone who would put tech scene and sexiness in the same sentence.

The scenery is gorgeous, but I wouldn't exactly call it sexy.

I agree that Miami and Los Angeles have sex appeal and its a sexy culture. Seattle is a sterile asexual culture. I've yet to hear anyone think of Seattle as sexy.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 02-20-2019 at 04:00 PM..

Old 02-20-2019, 04:07 PM

4,406 posts, read 4,304,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Seattle has sex appeal I just lived in America's most sexless and unsexiest city for the last 6 years.. No, Seattle is the antithesis of sexiness.. The people, the city's infrastructure and perpetual smell of human excretment and people who dress even sloppier than their homeless population. You would seriously think that most of Seattle shops at thrift stores looking at the attire of people around the town. Sweatpants, hoodies and flannels are four star dining apparel. Being also that it is a much more male-centric city, I find a lot of the women there also act and try to look more masculine. A lot of tomboys and effeminate kind of guys. A strange mix of reverse gender stereotypes.

Oh yes, I am a software developer and was hanging out with a lot of techies in Seattle. I think you couldn't find a group of men who were any less sexier than the Seattle techies. Seriously, I cannot think of anyone who would put tech scene and sexiness in the same sentence.

I agree that Miami and Los Angeles have sex appeal and its a sexy culture. Seattle is a sterile asexual culture. I've yet to hear anyone think of Seattle as sexy.
My only legitimate reply to this essay is that sex appeal means something different to everyone. That is all, also the space needle the Puget Sount and Mt. Rainer definitely add to Seattle's sex appeal

Old 02-20-2019, 04:19 PM

591 posts, read 821,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post

Seattle was ranked the "most handsome city in America".
But anyway.. I don't think sexy is the right word for Seattle.
It's more mysterious and romantic.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:20 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,836,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
My only legitimate reply to this essay is that sex appeal means something different to everyone. That is all, also the space needle the Puget Sount and Mt. Rainer definitely add to Seattle's sex appeal

Hey, I am happy somebody thinks us techies have sex appeal... Never thought of the Space Needle as sexy.. In fact, I always thought it was kinda f'ugly, but unique and interesting. I actually dined at the Space Needle restaurant as a kid before you needed 3 or 4 year reservations. But, hey, whatever gets the juices flowing ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City