Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2023, 07:36 AM

12,897 posts, read 18,751,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
That is a dumb list. Clearly all determined by people who like hot beach places only.

How are those places feeling right about now? The whole south has been decimated by heat for weeks, and the ocean water is like 95 degrees. No thank you.
Sorry, but this to me is laughable. People pay good money to sit in saunas. I'm in and out of the sauna-like conditions between my condo and car, and that's only during the hottest part of the day. Bitter cold on my face will NOT be missed this winter since my dog passed a few months ago and I won't be walking him.

Old 07-22-2023, 07:49 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
I mean.... Just go to Minneapolis and you'll realize how untrue that is.
I just left Minneapolis; well I resided next door in StP. You really don't understand how bad things have gotten over there. If it's not light rail/transit hijinks, if it's not downtown or uptown being taken over by lowlives, you got idiots randomly shooting off fireworks burning down buildings or harming others.

Old 07-22-2023, 12:09 PM

1,348 posts, read 879,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
I just left Minneapolis; well I resided next door in StP. You really don't understand how bad things have gotten over there. If it's not light rail/transit hijinks, if it's not downtown or uptown being taken over by lowlives, you got idiots randomly shooting off fireworks burning down buildings or harming others.
I was just in St. Paul and Minneapolis 3 months ago. I witnessed nothing that made me feel unsafe. There was a fireworks incident on the fourth of July with fireworks being aimed at cars but no buildings were burnt down. Yes, there are incidents and problems like in every city but I still just don't see what's so dangerous about the cities overall. I feel much more unease in ATL which has a much higher murder rate.

Last edited by Kaszilla; 07-22-2023 at 12:39 PM..

Old 07-22-2023, 12:21 PM

638 posts, read 348,560 times
Quote:
People keep saying “it’s not so bad” … well it is getting bad!! There are certain elements in Minnesota always making excuses for criminal behavior and the overwhelming decline of the Twin Cities.

Old 07-22-2023, 12:58 PM

1,348 posts, read 879,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealpinist View Post
People keep saying “it’s not so bad” … well it is getting bad!! There are certain elements in Minnesota always making excuses for criminal behavior and the overwhelming decline of the Twin Cities.
Have you actually been? The cities' crime has decreased significantly since 2020 but people act like the riots are still happening. Noone is pretending like the Twin Cities are perfect but why are we wrong for accurately stating that the cities are nowhere near as bad as the media and people who've never been say it is? Minneapolis isn't even in the top 20 worst cities for crime. And why is it that cities like DC and ATL which have always had a higher crime and murder rate than Minneapolis never get critiqued in the same way? It's like Minneapolis has to be the most perfect city and any imperfection is confirmation that the city is one the most dangerous and crime infested cities even though the stats state otherwise.

Old 07-22-2023, 01:43 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,244,243 times
I worked for a company with an R&D group in Austin and I was there a lot. It’s surface of the sun for 4 months. The congestion is overwhelming. It stopped being affordable some years ago. It’s great by Texas standards since it has a major university, the state capital, and an emerging tech economy but it’s really far down the list of places I would want to live.

I have done a bunch of events at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs over the last couple of decades. I could see Fort Collins ranked fairly high but Colorado Springs is way too right wing for my taste.

Old 07-22-2023, 02:26 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,089,144 times
Quote:
Quote:
Please. Both of your very obviously partisan "opinions" aren't based on any kind of fact or reality. This is a very safe city and metro compared to most other mid/large-size American cities.

Old 07-22-2023, 06:53 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,455,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
That is a dumb list. Clearly all determined by people who like hot beach places only.
IDK about that? San Diego has been in its usual mid 70’s all summer. You hear about heat waves on the news, yet it hasn’t hit 80° here.

Old 07-22-2023, 09:40 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Predict how bad Minneapolis will be in 5 years and I'll guarantee I'll win.
There's a certain demographic of people who think all cities are Kabul and the people in them are savages. I'm not suggesting that you're a part of that demographic, but your not on the other side either.

Old 07-22-2023, 10:22 PM

638 posts, read 348,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Please. Both of your very obviously partisan "opinions" aren't based on any kind of fact or reality. This is a very safe city and metro compared to most other mid/large-size American cities.
I never mentioned politics. I lived in Minnesota. Many people who have left or live there will tell you the same thing. Of course it is safer than many big cities. The reality on the ground though is that it has become much worse and unsafe in recent years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City