Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:57 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
Minnepolis has the best economy, the most vibrant downtown, and overall the most to offer in regards to what a city can offer out of those four.

Colombus is nice, healthy economy and progressive but I think many think of it as being too suburban.

Milwaukee is nice too, doesn't offer as much as Twin Cities, but Chicago is just down the road.

The one major downside to Minneapolis are the winters. On average its about 10-15 degrees colder than other midwestern cities. However summers are really nice.

Also Minneapolis is safer than Milwaukee, maybe more than Indy too.
...and I would favor Minneapolis, as well.

If you might enjoy an "in-between" approach, then you might like Madison, WI, a progressive mid-sized burg on I-94 between Minneapolis and Chicago ( and Milwaukee).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 12:57 AM

1,374 posts, read 3,256,045 times
Columbus!
Attached Thumbnails
Minneapolis, Columbus, Indianapolis or Milwaukee?-columbus-ohio.jpg  

Old 11-28-2009, 02:14 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Those Milwaukee pictures are great. Is the downtown fairly lively (and full of mixed-use buildings)?

Old 11-28-2009, 02:24 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiifanboy94 View Post
What's with the pic saying "a clean river is a fun river"? Looks a lot like sewer waste to me. Please check up on your photos before you post them.
Please, kid. How about you check on your posts to make sure you aren't always bashing something.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:39 AM

19 posts, read 38,676 times
If you want friends, dont choose Minneapolis. Search these blogs about relocating to Minnesota...you'll see.

Good Luck in your move....its not easy to relocate!

Old 11-29-2009, 04:46 AM

21 posts, read 30,741 times
Been to all of them and Minneapolis definately looks the best. But as far as variety of things to do, Milwaukee is extremely underrated. I've never had more fun in a city that is so impoverished. Toast to the beermen.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:28 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
That's still more than the average person knows about Indianapolis. Don't forget to add Harley-Davidson, Kohl's Department stores, Miller Brewing Company, Klement's Sausage, and Milwaukee Power Tools to your list.
Well I guess you can take Miller Brewing Company off the list because some of my family works for them and the headquarters is moving to Chicago. Second Indianapolis is known for all the races mentioned before and our sports teams, plus the Superbowl in 2012. Not to mention the convention center which hosts huge conventions. So what major events is Milwaukee known for?

Old 11-30-2009, 04:36 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
Well I guess you can take Miller Brewing Company off the list because some of my family works for them and the headquarters is moving to Chicago.
When you say Miller people will always think of Milwaukee and besides it is still brewed here.

Quote:
Second Indianapolis is known for all the races mentioned before
Is indy still on tv? can you name the top ten drivers and their sponsors? nobody cares about racing it's like going to a dog show.

Quote:
plus the Superbowl in 2012
Because yearly it is held in Indy and when you say Super Bowl the first thing people say is INDIANA!!

Quote:
Not to mention the convention center which hosts huge conventions.
Nobody cares about conventions, boy I hope Milwaukee get the star wars convention soon...NOT!
How are conventions a measure of anything besides how many cheap people you can fit into one building or to see if you can break the nerds per square foot record.

Quote:
So what major events is Milwaukee known for?
See you just said "known for" however you responded with the super bowl and conventions the two things that scream Indianapolis.

Milwaukee known for:

Beer
Brats
Bucks
Brewers
Bud Selig commissioner of baseball
Jeffery Dahmer
That 70's show- even though not set in Milw, it is set in Wisconsin and when you say Wisconsin the first thing usually that comes to people's minds is Milwaukee and Packers and believe it or not a lot of people still think Green Bay is like a Milwaukee suburb for some reason.

Kohls
Boston Store
Harley Davidson
Laverne and Shirley
Happy Days
German Heritage
Tailgating
Festivals
Bars
Waynes World
Manufacturing
Baseketball
Major League movie

Old 12-01-2009, 05:46 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Bud Selig commissioner of baseball
You really want to claim him? You should've stopped at Dahmer.

BTW....Wayne's World was set in Aurora, IL, not Milwaukee. Party on.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:06 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,680,002 times
Minneapolis, ftw.

4 Professional Sports Teams (3 technically, but Wild are just next door)
Big Ten Athletics and UofM downtown MPLS
The Park System
The Lakes
Downtown, Uptown, Dinkytown, NorEast
Arts and Theater scene
3.5 million metro-meaning larger/cohesive media market, job opportunities, airport, etc.

Of course, I am biased.

I have been to Milwaukee and it is an extremely underrated city, but it's just not MPLS.

1. MPLS
2. MKE
3. INDY
4. COLUMBUS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City