Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:25 PM

567 posts, read 1,446,552 times

Advertisements

can you chicago fanboys just admit NYC is better and move on? this is not a matter of opinion and this shouldn't even be debatable. NYC is 65797542x better than chicago. i bet you chicagoans actually thought you were going to win this poll too. LOL. being surrounded by corn fields and wheat farms must be making you delusional.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:27 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,928,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Well, I would be more impressed hearing about election of black governor in Illinois and Iowa. Obama's election has nothing to do with Illinois or Iowa, his candidacy was decided by the powers in the democratic party and then he was elected in NATIONAL election. Again, when are we going to see a black governor of Illinois and Iowa???

It is easy to elect the laws that do not touch us personally, it is very easy to celebrate the firt black president even before we have the first Italian or Hispanic president but it is much more complicated when it affects us directly i.e. you talk about minority governor or minority mayor.
As far as I know Chicago is still very segregated, according to Chicago Tribune it is the most segregeated big city in America, so I would say focusing on resolving those issues is as important or even more important than supporting a black president.
This is too funny. Obama's presidency has nothing to do with Illinois? Tell him that. He chose to live in Chicago, and was elected in Illinois. If Illinois hadn't elected him in the first place, he would not be president. Maybe there's not a black governor from Illinois, but there is the first black president. President trumps governor.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK94 View Post
can you chicago fanboys just admit NYC is better and move on? this is not a matter of opinion and this shouldn't even be debatable. NYC is 65797542x better than chicago. i bet you chicagoans actually thought you were going to win this poll too. LOL. being surrounded by corn fields and wheat farms must be making you delusional.
You look like a dumba*s to the rest of the country. You really do.

NYC is not the best city to everybody. It really isn't.

If you want to think that then fine. Enjoy your city. I sure as he*l enjoy mine. Lets leave it at that.

As far as skylines go though, there are experts and prestigious publications that place Chicago's skyline above NYC's. So arguments for both sides are valid.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You look like a dumba*s to the rest of the country. You really do.

NYC is not the best city to everybody. It really isn't.

If you want to think that then fine. Enjoy your city. I sure as he*l enjoy mine. Lets leave it at that.

As far as skylines go though, there are experts and prestigious publications that place Chicago's skyline above NYC's. So arguments for both sides are valid.
gee, i didn't know the whole country was reading this.

yea there are "experts" that place chicago above new york, just as there are experts that place new york above chicago, your point being? just face it. more people like NYC's skyline compared to chicago and you know it. yea, alot of people think of BOTH ny and chicago when they think of best skyline in america, but people hardly ever mention it when it comes down to the best in the world. chicago skyline ONLY stands out in america. but when it comes down to international, well, its not important.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:00 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
This is too funny. Obama's presidency has nothing to do with Illinois? Tell him that. He chose to live in Chicago, and was elected in Illinois. If Illinois hadn't elected him in the first place, he would not be president. Maybe there's not a black governor from Illinois, but there is the first black president. President trumps governor.
Yeah, it was easier to swallow for Chicagoans, at least the guy is not in their sight What happened when you had the bacl mayor? How come there was no black governor? How come Chicago is so segregated? Clean up your own backyard first.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:47 PM

734 posts, read 2,054,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK94 View Post
LOL Talk to the American Institute of Architects and the people who voted in the other (larger, more scientific) polls Chicago won. New York is nice for size, Chicago for beauty.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:50 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,666,077 times
Oh, what I wouldn't give to be in Boystown right now The best gayborhood with the best architecture in North America.

I miss my gays!

Old 04-11-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
LOL Talk to the American Institute of Architects and the people who voted in the other (larger, more scientific) polls Chicago won. New York is nice for size, Chicago for beauty.
i'm not going to repeat what I JUST SAID in my last post.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,773,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
FYI, Germany is losing population too. So is Russia. And Japan. France is barely breaking even and will probably start losing population.

dementor and euro are very naive...NYC will have another rough spell, and I bet it's within our lifetime. Almost all of NYC's population increase has been due to foreign immigrants who have no loyalty to NYC...what immigration giveth it can taketh away. By the way, the increase in population sure hasn't made much of a dent in NYC's ($16 billion) and the MTA's ($2 billion) budget deficits. Not adding much to that tax base, eh?
And why would it matter if New York City's large population increase comes from domestic or international migration and what makes you think that the domestic transplants infliltrating cities like Houston and Charlotte are loyal to those cities?

International migration in New York has always been steady and will always boost the population. Is this fact new to you? That's New York. It's the way it's been in the past and it's the way it will always be.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:00 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Oh, what I wouldn't give to be in Boystown right now The best gayborhood with the best architecture in North America.

I miss my gays!

Where did this come from?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City