Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 02:32 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsno1 View Post
North Richmond is definitly up there. Arguably the most dangerous neighborhood in the Bay Area.
North Richmond is the worst neighborhood in the state of California.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:36 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
College Park is by the airport and it isn't rural at all, it probably looks like that on Google maps because of the tree cover, but its actually an inner ring suburb and its own seperate city with a population of 24,000. And lol @ you saying it does not look bad from you see on Google maps. Drive down Godby Rd. or Upper Riverdale Rd. and tell me what you think then. College Park actually has one of the highest per capita crime rates in the metro, but to me it still isnt as bad as other areas within the city limits of Atlanta.
But then again, that isn't really College Park...it's like saying that Memorial Drive is Decatur - it's a Decatur address, but not the "real" Decatur.

College Park is actually a nice little suburb that has some bad areas associated with it. Downtown College Park and the Woodward Academy area is very nice.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:41 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
College Park is by the airport and it isn't rural at all, it probably looks like that on Google maps because of the tree cover, but its actually an inner ring suburb and its own seperate city with a population of 24,000. And lol @ you saying it does not look bad from you see on Google maps. Drive down Godby Rd. or Upper Riverdale Rd. and tell me what you think then. College Park actually has one of the highest per capita crime rates in the metro, but to me it still isnt as bad as other areas within the city limits of Atlanta.
Yeah the crime rate is high, but the murder rate is very low 4 a high crime area. College Park is not what I would call urban, it seems more ruralish too me. I was wrong 4sure tho, parts do look bad but nothing that awful. There are much worst looking neighborhoods in California. Also I didn't see much of anything at all on Riverdale or Godby Roads, certainly nothing bad.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:00 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetta View Post
Yeah the crime rate is high, but the murder rate is very low 4 a high crime area. College Park is not what I would call urban, it seems more ruralish too me. I was wrong 4sure tho, parts do look bad but nothing that awful. There are much worst looking neighborhoods in California. Also I didn't see much of anything at all on Riverdale or Godby Roads, certainly nothing bad.
Plus, see my post directly above yours...many of those areas people call College Park are actually just a College Park address - and not really IN College Park. It's a beautiful little town with some very nice areas.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:08 PM

398 posts, read 1,039,964 times
I would say the South Side of Chicago is the worst neighborhood in the United States.

Chicago is the murder capital of the U.S., and the South Side is the murder capital of Chicago, so it stands to reason that it should be the worst neighborhood.

No neighborhood in the U.S. is more dangerous than the South Side of Chicago.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:14 PM

787 posts, read 1,696,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito57 View Post
I would say the South Side of Chicago is the worst neighborhood in the United States.

Chicago is the murder capital of the U.S., and the South Side is the murder capital of Chicago, so it stands to reason that it should be the worst neighborhood.

Really, Osito57?

Old 10-13-2009, 02:27 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times
I would say it is between North Philly and Southwest Philly as to which one is the worst neighborhood in America,I have heard the South Bronx was at one time but they cleaned a lot of that area up.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:31 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:

I thought the Westside of Chicago was the worst but that's not the point. Chicago isn't the murder capital anyways, yeah it currently has more murders than other US cities so if you think that's what would make it the murder capital keep in mind that NYC is only single-digits away. You wouldn't want that would you?

I guess places like the South Bronx, East New York, Brownsville, South Jamaica, etc. would then qualify since they always tend to be the murder capitals of NYC, no wait the gentrified desirable Harlem would be the worst neighborhood in the U.S. if they "win" this year.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:26 PM

378 posts, read 1,288,723 times
Quote:

That's a ridiculous statement, I'll have to assume you are kidding. There are some good neighborhoods on the south side of Chicago, and that isn't up for debate. However some of the neighborhoods could be contenders for the title, but I agree with Infamous that the west side is worse. Not sure why it doesn't get as much attention.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:45 AM

815 posts, read 2,136,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetta View Post
I never said it was urban, in fact I think I stated in my first post that College Park is just a suburb. And being that the metro isn't that old, no area in the metro save for a few really look that bad. But the same can be said for places like LA, some of the streets I was on in South LA looked very nice, manicured lawns, small cute looking houses, but all that didn't take anything away from the fact that I wouldnt want to walk around them. And once again remember my intial post was in response to someone who said College Park was a horrible area, and my whole point for jump street was basically what you just said- For a suburb it's pretty dangerous, but College Park compared to other inner city areas in Atlanta it is not. Some parts of College Park like around the Main Street area are actually pretty nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City