Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 12:16 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,750,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
The floridians that i met were rednecks
Here we go with the name calling. You just proved my point, New Yorkers are rude, thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 01:47 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,834 times
Rachel is right about NYers being some of the nicest people..

The thing about NY/NJ/LI people and there so called rude attitude is very misunderstood. Just because some people in the NYC metro don't always acknowledge you or usually look like they're thinking of something else when they do you a favor doesn't mean they don't have a warm personality beyond that... I mean they don't really know you yet!!
NYers are just straight up.. They don't have to do the phony smile along with the phony manners to prove a strangers approval. which is fine to me because i'm used to it and i'm the same way. You have to really know a NYer to actually know their personality.

NYers seem rude and oblivious to there surroundings in the beginning but they usually end up being full of life and really great people once you get to know them.
While some southerns have that phony charm, and phony smile along with the phony welcoming politeness to them but once your out of sight the gossiping and trash talk begins.

Nyers don't gossip and trash talk about people as much as a lot of southerners do.

Better real and up front to defend yourself than phony and behind the back to cause rumors.

I'm not bashing the south btw, so don't think i'm being rude or anything because i'm just making a point to show the difference between a lot of Nyers and a lot of southerners.
I know not all southerners ar like that but it's just that people judge a book by it's cover too much.

but it's funny that the southern charm is the one trash talking about NYers mannerism.

Last edited by Newarkbomb; 04-29-2009 at 02:00 PM..

Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Here we go with the name calling. You just proved my point, New Yorkers are rude, thank you
lol... nyc1day isn't from NY.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:56 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
^^Gotta love false stereotypes!!

For your information, all NYers aren't flocking to "paradise" in Florida. People I've known who have moved to Florida came back to NY because they didn't like it down there. My parents had to move to Florida for business. How about that one??? They're getting out of that state as soon as possible and moving back north for retirement. How about that too??? Florida isn't the most popular retirement spot anymore. The baby boomers seem to be retiring to PA (cheaper place in the north) or NC.

If you really think people only move to NY for business, then you've obviously never spent enough time in the city. It has nothing to do with wanting to be in a great city of Ny, just strictly "business" lol...

And as a matter of fact, I've run across much ruder people in Florida. NYers are known to be some of the friendliest people in the country.
Yeah, people arent really retirering on Florida anymore, to much crime down there now. Most of the retires are flocking to TN, NC, ect.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Yes, this is very true. NY is very stagnant right now and it is mostly because of the nanny state mentality and high taxes. The good thing is that if you took NYC out the state would be about 50 50 as far as Dem and Rep voting so Upstate is much different than downstate (thank god). NY'ers upstate are a much friendlier bunch (generally) than downstate. I am not saying that Florida is perfect but it is not as bad as some people make it out to be
I agree, it REALLY isn't that bad. People REALLY, REALLY, love to whine and overexagerate the problems of Florida. It's almost like I never lived in the same state as them. Sometimes I cant even take people seriously.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
If you had bothered to be fair --- you would have noticed that both states were being rude, defensive and bad mouthing the other state. In fact much of the thread is Polo talking to himself. In any case, its a shame because yet another thread is ruined by nonsense.
I like talkng to myself, im the only one making sense.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
If you had bothered to look back at some of the first posts, look who started the bad mouthing. New Yorkers, of coarse . With posts like "New Yorkers are way more educated than Floridians". Im just defending my state.
EXACTLY. More educated?? Is that not bad mouthing???

Old 04-29-2009, 02:02 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,750,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Yeah, people arent really retirering on Florida anymore, to much crime down there now. Most of the retires are flocking to TN, NC, ect.
Thankfully.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Yeah, ya gotta watch out for those criminal farmers in upstate NY!
You're just a tad bit late. We already cleared that up buddy.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
The floridians that i met were rednecks
Well how would you know, there are 18million of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City