Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
San Diego 121 66.85%
Dallas 60 33.15%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:23 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaBittchez View Post
Dallas is so ugly and depressing.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2463/4321wlawtherdrive.jpg (broken link)

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6995/victorycq1.jpg (broken link)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5779/joulepoolscenekv6.jpg (broken link)

really..

Last edited by Lakewooder; 07-22-2009 at 03:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 03:49 PM

222 posts, read 581,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
As far as night life is concerned, I can tell you that youre dead wrong. I can tell you for a fact that Dallas has better night life than Phoenix. I have yet to see any place in Phoenix thats like uptown Dallas and Ive spent alot of time there. However, if your talking about outdoor activities, Arizona definately has the edge on Texas. Lots and lots to do outdoors in the Phoenix area.
Explain night activities in Uptown (for those who is non-alcoholic please).

Old 07-22-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Does this strike anyone else as just a bit racist? Phoenix seems pretty dead at night (especially downtown). Dallas has a scene downtown plus seven or eight great nightlife areas within a mile or two of downtown. Dallas doesn't really get snow...maybe a dusting once a year - poster is not that familiar with the area.
Lakewooder, so you just called me racist and not familiar with the area. Internet makes some people brave indeed. Sometimes I wish to punch somebody in the nose ( didn't do it for 20 years since the high school). Ok, let's punch you back with my "racist" and "not familiar with the area" pictures of downtown Dallas. Bum lying between Dallas Aquarium and Apartment 1001 Ross Ave; white dude with trash bag tried to steal my camera near liquor store, dude near bus-train station in the heart of the city, other are bums standing near Dallas Public Library (they even ask you for change INSIDE the library! )
I'm sorry, but comparing Dallas vs San Diego is like comparing dirty socks vs work of art. Of course San Diego is better, big time. Sorry folks who live in DFW, I know you love it, but this city is just crap. This is why housing is so cheap over there.
Attached Thumbnails
San Diego vs. Dallas-bum00.jpg   San Diego vs. Dallas-100_0417.jpg   San Diego vs. Dallas-100_0421.jpg   San Diego vs. Dallas-100_0441.jpg   San Diego vs. Dallas-100_0443.jpg  

San Diego vs. Dallas-100_0444.jpg  

Old 07-22-2009, 04:07 PM

804 posts, read 2,402,492 times
^^^ wow Dallas is a very intresting city thanks for the pic's lakewooder

Old 07-22-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
^^^ wow Dallas is a very intresting city thanks for the pic's lakewooder
His pictures are nicely done, but he left reality behind the frame. Lakewooder, lower the camera on the Texas State Fair next time, so we can see those fat asses who are there.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:53 PM

358 posts, read 755,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
You have to look no further than the U.S. census to tell which area is more attractive. San Diego should not be winning this thread. Dallas-Fort Worth is a bigger metro and offers way more than San Diego. Dallas haters get over yourself!!!!
What does the census have do with anything here? All Texas cities are growing faster than other places because it's and inexpensive place to do business and live. End of story.

I think San Diego's higher cost of living alone proves that it's the more attractive of the two. I'll use a Dallas-based company to make my point. San Diego is Neiman-Marcus, while Dallas is Sears and Roebuck.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:07 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Oh yeah so Neiman's was founded in Dallas and the flagship store is on Main Street. Mr. Stanley Marcus lived around the corner from me, wrote "Quest for the Best" and where did he live? Not San Diego.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:37 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,772,544 times
Voted for San Diego

Old 07-23-2009, 01:10 AM

3,455 posts, read 8,344,935 times
San Diego has tons of homless too. For whatever reason though, I found them less threatening there than in Dallas. I think the reason is this:

San Diego does not empty at night the same way Dallas does. I felt safer walking at night in San Diego because the ration of bums/tourist typs/locals was favorable. I could walk the marina/bay area at night and feel safe and back to my hotel which was more inset.

Dallas? Wouldn't walk from my hotel to the restrauants without men with me.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:55 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
San Diego has tons of homless too. For whatever reason though, I found them less threatening there than in Dallas. I think the reason is this:

San Diego does not empty at night the same way Dallas does. I felt safer walking at night in San Diego because the ration of bums/tourist typs/locals was favorable. I could walk the marina/bay area at night and feel safe and back to my hotel which was more inset.

Dallas? Wouldn't walk from my hotel to the restrauants without men with me.
Dallas empty at night? Have you ever been uptown? Had you, I doubt youd be making such a statment.

Also, regaruding the walking from you hotel to your resturant, it depends on the area of town. Most of Dallas is very very safe. You would have nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City