Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2009, 01:59 PM

787 posts, read 1,697,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
As I stated before remember in NYC immigrants came in packs and stuck together. They came and settled down in one part of the city and really most people never left so generations were born after the last with out really moving. So they brought all there cultural things and grew with in their neighborhoods. Nothing to do with segregation or Today for that matter. Its just the preservation of a community and culture.

People didn't do that in Chicago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 02:02 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,022,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
These fool think NYC is totally integrated. I know Chicago is segregated as hell, but I know for sure NYC have segregation and I'm not talking about social class either.
These fools? I happen to live here and so do my parents ,my grand parents and so did my great grandparents. I can tell you and my parents can tell you there is barely any racism in NYC. Have you ever been to NYC, gone to any schools, offices, events, etc in NYC. There is basically a small amount of racism.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:04 PM

64 posts, read 162,695 times
Quote:
STHU I been to many major US cities, just not NYC yet. Tell us what neighborhoods you been to?

You act like there is no integrated areas in Chicago.
I live in the South Loop, Ive lived in Rogers Park, Lincoln Park, Little Italy, UIC, and China Town....and Beverly when i was a kid. So go **** yourself in Harvey.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
These fool think NYC is totally integrated. I know Chicago is segregated as hell, but I know for sure NYC have segregation and I'm not talking about social class either.

HOW????????

You have never been to NYC......stop!!!!LMAO

Stop
STOP
STOP
STOP

Old 08-30-2009, 02:07 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,022,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakal View Post
People didn't do that in Chicago?
So your telling me that millions of people went to Chicago for the past 2 centuries or so like NYC. NYC was the main place for immigration since 1700s based on historical references from the Museum of NYC.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Oh, really?

I thought you just came "fresh" from New York and were a "lifelong, proud Chicagoan". Is that what your first post said?

Now excuse me while I go to Toys R Us and by some trolls.

ummm yea i was there for 2 weeks.....and? whats your point. I just got back. Dont be mad.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:08 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,201,983 times
Quote:
These fools? I happen to live here and so do my parents ,my grand parents and so did my great grandparents. I can tell you and my parents can tell you there is barely any racism in NYC. Have you ever been to NYC, gone to any schools, offices, events, etc in NYC. There is basically a small amount of racism.

That was a typo, I was really pointing to that Ralph guy. No I never been to NYC. He act like there is no integrated neighborhoods in Chicago. The most diverse part of Chicago is actually the Northside and there is a few diverse neighborhoods on the southside too. Chicago didn't even make it #1 as the most segregated city.

What about the police shooting blacks in NYC?

Old 08-30-2009, 02:10 PM

787 posts, read 1,697,294 times
Quote:
So your telling me that millions of people went to Chicago for the past 2 centuries or so like NYC. NYC was the main place for immigration since 1700s based on historical references from the Museum of NYC.

YES, that is what I am telling you.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:11 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,201,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Furley View Post
I live in the South Loop, Ive lived in Rogers Park, Lincoln Park, Little Italy, UIC, and China Town....and Beverly when i was a kid. So go **** yourself in Harvey.

Someone is getting angry. lol

Rogers Parks and Beverly are both diverse neighborhoods in Chicago.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:14 PM

398 posts, read 1,040,652 times
Quote:

Why have there been no hispanic mayors of NYC and only one black one, if the city is predominantly non-white?
Umm, what do mayoral elections have to do with segregation?

And whites are the largest race in NYC. Why would it be surprising that most mayoral candidates happen to be white?

In contrast, whites are not the largest race in Chicago, but one white family has dominated the mayorality for a half-century, with no competition.

NYC has competitive elections, between people of all races, every few years. Chicago does not even really have elections. Just a half-century dictatorship by an idiot family.
Quote:
Why do you not see sizeable numbers of minorities when you party at many places in the Village?
?
LOL, now I know you have never stepped foot in NYC. Go to Christopher Street at 2 AM on a Saturday night, and tell me there are no "sizable numbers of minorities" in the Village, LOL.

Now let's see Lincoln Avenue at 2AM. Not only 100% white, but 100% Midwestern, twenty-somthing suburban Trixies and Chads in Michigan State sweatshirts, and saying "hey bro".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City