Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Overall, which city is the greatest?
Chicago 168 40.58%
New York City 246 59.42%
Voters: 414. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You failed to mention your EXTENSIVE flannel collection! Ewwww!

DC's Finest 1 Coldwine 0
-1 pt for DC's Finest for using the word "ewwww" like a California Valley girl does.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:25 AM

304 posts, read 904,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
-1 pt for DC's Finest for using the word "ewwww" like a California Valley girl does.

the same type of valley girl who would never give you the time of day...

the same valley girl who thinks chicago is redneck town in the midwest..

the same type of valley girl who makes boring old women from around your way jealous..

Old 09-22-2008, 12:32 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,154,410 times
Steve,

You got me on that one!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:04 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post

the same type of valley girl who makes boring old women from around your way jealous..
The same type of valley girl I wouldnt give the time of day because I dont want to have to dumb down my IQ levels to single digits just so I can communicate with her. Plus, I dont want any STDs.

The same valley girl who couldnt pinpoint Chicago on a map and would probably say something like "ewwwww, Chicago? Ive never been there because Ive never been to Spain. So I cant, like, you know, comment about it. Like, oh... my... gosh."

The same valley girl who gives "boring old women" a good laugh as she walks by with her plastic nose up in the air.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:43 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,167 times
Quote:

The same type of valley girl with an STD.......

Old 09-22-2008, 03:21 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,659,687 times
Quote:

There aren't any valley girls these days.

What California does have is a seemingly endless supply of average young white women who are twelves desperate to fit into a size 2. They are the daughters of (usually) wealthy parents who have that bizarre Californian sense of disconnect I don't quite understand, even after living here. It's like they're not quite sure why they're there or how things came to be, and they don't really want to talk about it. They are all of them fashion designers (code for working retail), or are in school to be a fashion designer (assistant manager in retail), or they're sending out promo tapes.

Somewhere along the way they came into possession of a really nice car that has been in at least three accidents. They have no friends but they do have people they barely engage in social contact long enough to pull back from and genuflect in moments of identity crises or fits of jealousy. These appear to be quite common. It's all resolved with a firm belief that, by the end of the day, if you can end your day by repeating lines that seem appropriate to resolutions in film scripts, it's all going to be OK.

I literally cannot tell you how many of these indistinguishable young women I encounter on a daily basis. And just when you think you know the name of one, there's another one who replaced her in everything but name.

NYC has an abundance of these young women too, but they pass their time by aspiring to greater heights of drama in which to capture fame.

What's most disturbing about this class of vapid trust fundies is how everything they touch is transformed from value to valueless; there's no equity in anything they have. It's like cheating on The Sims, where if you cheat to gain money ultimately you've still cheated and you're bored with all the stuff you no longer value.

Very, very odd.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:46 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,843,104 times
What do valley girls have to do with a NY v Chicago discussion???

Old 09-22-2008, 06:04 PM

304 posts, read 904,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
What do valley girls have to do with a NY v Chicago discussion???
nothing....its just both cities are so jealous of L.A they have to mention it.

thats the kind of power this city has

love it or hate it...its still attention..

now you cant say that the other way around

californians dont put new york on a pedestal like alot of people form there do "cali" as they call it

Old 09-22-2008, 06:08 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,190,410 times
Quote:
nothing....its just both cities are so jealous of L.A they have to mention it.

thats the kind of power this city has

love it or hate it...its still attention..

now you cant say that the other way around

californians dont put new york on a pedestal like alot of people form there do "cali" as they call it

You sure make me want to move to LA.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:19 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,436,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
You sure make me want to move to LA.
He makes most of us in Southern California want to leave

He makes us Californians look like lunatics and it is getting annoying! I am counting down the days until he gets banned but it isn't happening. Pretty much the entire CA forum is humiliated about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City