Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver vs. New york City
Denver(Mile High City) 38 29.69%
New York City(Big Apple) 90 70.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:32 PM

330 posts, read 877,759 times

Advertisements

Based on this poll, even though NYC is ahead, I'd say that there is a troll on this board that keeps voting for Denver. There is no comparison. This has got to be the funniest poll I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 06:35 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,060,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
well you are entitled to your opinions and i respect the tenacity but i think ppl are avoiding the thread because they don't "see" the comparison.

i'ma go eat and then i'll be back with pics, vids and a lot of text.

(i don't know what 14'ers are...is that local slang where you're from?)

also its not that nyc is bigger therefore its better. its that its bigger AND better and there's way more to do and what you can do in the bigger area that makes it better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBay-NowDCarea View Post
Based on this poll, even though NYC is ahead, I'd say that there is a troll on this board that keeps voting for Denver. There is no comparison. This has got to be the funniest poll I have ever seen.
As I stated earlier, as a former Denver resident, I'm embarrassed by threads such as these. Believe me when I say MOST Denver residents are laid back and grounded in reality. Honestly, don't take some of these people serious.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:37 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
As I stated earlier, as a former Denver resident, I'm embarrassed by threads such as these. Believe me when I say MOST Denver residents are laid back and grounded in reality. Honestly, don't take some of these people serious.
Which posters are you talking about in particular. Because one I live in Colorado Springs not Denver. And two Im a Cleveland native.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:38 PM

631 posts, read 1,574,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
It's obvious that there is no real comparison between Denver and NYC, but I think this is a legitimate question as far as which one people would prefer.

I would love to live in NYC and if I had enough money to live in a Manhattan penthouse or even a nice midtown rowhouse, I would probably choose NYC, at least for a couple of years.

But I would choose Denver over NYC as a place to live, especially as place to settle down and have a family, but even as a single person.

People like to talk about how much more there is to do in a place like NYC vs a place like Denver. Well that depends on what you like to do. I like to mountain bike, I like to be able to easily go to a baseball game after work.

You know you can get a lot out of a city like Denver that you just can't in NYC. So much becomes a giant pain in the ass in a city that large, that crowded and that expensive.

I even see it here in DC. There is so much to do here, yet so few people actually get out and do anything because they spend 2-4 hours a day commuting, pay 100-300 dollars a month to park, plus $100 a month for transit, everything is a pain in the azz, expensive and extremely time consuming. Nobody likes driving ever, transit can be real pain, no matter how extensive it is.

There is something to be said about walking over to Coors Field and catching a game and being back in your condo, or even your suburban home in time to get some sleep for the next day. You can be mountain biking in real mountains (east coast doesn’t know what mountains are) and still have plenty time to catch an NHL game or go a broadway play on the same evening.

Everything is not a pain in the azz. To take a family of four on the subway to a day game in DC can take an hour each way and cost $20 each way. You can take light rail or park for free outside of LoDo.

When you live in a city like Denver, you have enough money and enough spare time to take advantage of what the city offers and it's not near the hassle to leave the city for the outdoors stuff. It’s not near the “rat race” or daily grind that you find in places like NYC or even here in DC. People get so caught up with commuting and paying $3000 rents that they don’t even know what they are missing. Well you guys are trying to ignore the world around you with the ipods on the crowded subways and commuter trains trying to get home by 9pm, people from KC and Denver are down in Central Park taking photos of the city.

I think a city of about 2-4 million is the perfect size. Just big enough to have nearly everything you could ever want and not big enough to take the fun out of it and of those cities Denver is probably the best at that.

So, there is my opinion.
HAHA DUDE you are my hero right now! Stick it to em! Show em that not even NYC can touch Denver when it comes to REAL Mountains!

Old 01-07-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBay-NowDCarea View Post
Well have a moderator check it out if it makes you feel better. I know I only voted once. And why is it a funny poll? The voting is only 26-16, so obviouslly some people do like Denver more. Denver is beating St. Louis 44-24 in another one. So by more percentage wise than NYC is beating Denver

Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Which posters are you talking about in particular. Because one I live in Colorado Springs not Denver. And two Im a Cleveland native.
Have you not been reading some of the comments (i.e. Denver has better restaurants and mass transit than NYC).

Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
Have you not been reading some of the comments (i.e. Denver has better restaurants and mass transit than NYC).
So people are entitled to their opinions, and your entitled to question them lol.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:44 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/josseppie/IMG_2065.jpg (broken link)

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/josseppie/IMG_2066.jpg (broken link)

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/josseppie/IMG_2067.jpg (broken link)

Here is some more pictures of downtown Denver. Not the best quality I know but I liked the view from the hotel I was in.

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/josseppie/IMG_1897.jpg (broken link)

In this picutre you can see the new spire that was built and more cranes.

And Mile Hi, home of the Denver Broncos!

Old 01-07-2010, 06:44 PM

631 posts, read 1,574,719 times
Quote:
Well have a moderator check it out if it makes you feel better. I know I only voted once. And why is it a funny poll? The voting is only 26-16, so obviouslly some people do like Denver more. Denver is beating St. Louis 44-24 in another one. So by more percentage wise than NYC is beating Denver
Totally. Denver may be underrated but it certainly holds its own.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
So people are entitled to their opinions, and your entitled to question them lol.
Wow. Go ahead and support the nonsense duder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City