Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 04:35 PM

258 posts, read 325,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSHIRT View Post
Texas. Hot as hell, violent, blah, Hot as hell. violent......
Florida for the same exact reasons with a higher cost of living, both third world nations where English is fast becoming a second language. Also throw in flat and ugly.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:44 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,926,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotuffexecutive View Post
Worst possible state to live in HAS to be WI.

Worst city Menomonie

Reasons:
Weather-too d**n cold.

Days-too short

People-too much into your business

Culture-what culture? When I have to drive 180 miles round trip to find a museum or find a GOOD restaraunt or ballet or club that is just too far.....and when you add the dangerous weather several months of the year that just breeds cabin fever

No tolerence for other cultures/nationalities....except for Hmong not racially integrated here.
I doubt that anyone of hispanic or african heritage would feel comfortable here. And we will not talk about the gay community. I would be embarassed for most of my friends or relatives to visit.

And what's with the gnomes....all the gnomes....is this the internet travel company "spokes state" or what?

Moved here due to husbands job.....if I did not love him I would be on the next plane outa here asap....oh wait the airport is not that close.

Menomonie is kind of in the middle of nowhere. Closer to the Twin Cities as a main city than anywhere in Wisconsin. Menomonie is not a very big city (at all), so you can't really judge the rest of WI based on Menomonie. Not every state has worthy museums in the middle of nowhere, so that complaint is kind of weird (to me, at least). Really, what do you expect, giving where Menomonie is located. By the way, every state has a middle of nowhere area.

I would also advise that you're hanging with the wrong people if they're all into your business. And, you are guilty of stereotyping, just as you're complaining of others doing. I would be embarrassed by that.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:49 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,845,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
All states have their redeeming qualities. I suppose if I had to give a state that I would least prefer to live in, it'd have to be:

California

Of course, the following are also not where I'd like to live:

Louisiana
New Jersey
New York
Massachusetts
New Mexico
Your handle is "City Fanatic" and you don't want to live in the states that house: New Orleans, New York City, Boston, LA, and San Francisco?

Old 08-11-2009, 04:59 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
I like ALOT of states, but if I had to choose, I hate cold weather, so I guess some cold state.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:03 AM

484 posts, read 1,584,632 times
Michigan. I can't think of one city in Michigan I would be ok raising my children in, or living in at all for that matter. Except maybe Mackinaw Island..but that's so far north you're basically in Canada and don't feel like you're in Michigan.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,740 times
Because we needed another thread designed to bash a state.....

Old 08-12-2009, 02:28 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
I would say all the Southern states except for FL maybe.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:09 AM

20 posts, read 37,548 times
Default worst state

WYOMING!... of this i am certain. No cities at all. 10th in land area, 50th in population. The 'culture' is a sort of "South Park" meets "The Hills Have Eyes" kind of thing. Desolate terain. Minimal agriculture as the landscape is more rock than soil. And the wind... GOD DAMN THAT WIND!!!

...i hear the job market's alright though.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:24 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
Your handle is "City Fanatic" and you don't want to live in the states that house: New Orleans, New York City, Boston, LA, and San Francisco?
And the most urban state in the nation per capita, NJ

He's/She's probably a mid-westerner .

Old 08-12-2009, 09:20 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,863,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlonde View Post
Michigan. I can't think of one city in Michigan I would be ok raising my children in, or living in at all for that matter. Except maybe Mackinaw Island..but that's so far north you're basically in Canada and don't feel like you're in Michigan.
What about Detroit or Grand Rapids Don't diss the D without checkin' out its 'burbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City