Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 07:43 PM

13 posts, read 38,705 times

Advertisements

From what I have visited so far, I will pick Mississippi. Life is boring here.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,268,285 times
Wisconsin.

Why? Becasue it's Wisconsin.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:42 AM

40 posts, read 111,678 times
Kansas, the most boring place ever. Take a drive across Kansas and tell me its not the longest drive of your life, let smell of cow **** and the view of flat empty land entertain you.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Idaho, Nebraska, Mississippi, Delaware, North Dakota, Iowa, and Oklahoma.

Not that there's "nothing to do" in those states, but from an objective standpoint, I feel that they are among the least interesting and contribute the least in terms of recognizable American culture.
Did you know the electric guitar was invited in Oklahoma by an Oklahoman? Walter Cronkite got his start here calling OU football games, Paul Harvery first broadcasted in Tulsa at the first radio station west of the Mississippi, and Oklahoma has produced more astronauts than any other state. I think Oklahoma has contributed alot to American culture as there is more this is just what I could pull off the top of my head in a min.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:31 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,914,044 times
58th worst state: Massa chu shiitz

Old 09-10-2009, 06:00 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,922,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
Wisconsin.

Why? Becasue it's Wisconsin.
You're trying to start something here. I would say that Wisconsin is pretty well loved - by those who live here and by those who vacation here. Wisconsin is the playground for those from Chicago looking to get away - and we have an entire eastern border that is Lake Michigan. Hard to beat.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:48 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESMOU View Post
Did you know the electric guitar was invited in Oklahoma by an Oklahoman? Walter Cronkite got his start here calling OU football games, Paul Harvery first broadcasted in Tulsa at the first radio station west of the Mississippi, and Oklahoma has produced more astronauts than any other state. I think Oklahoma has contributed alot to American culture as there is more this is just what I could pull off the top of my head in a min.
Celebrities from Oklahoma

>Will Rogers
>Ron Howard
>Garth Brooks
>Reba McEntire
>Carrie Underwood
>Chuck Norris
>James Garner
>Gene Autry
>Alfre Woodard
>Blake Edwards
>Phil McGraw (aka Dr. Phil)

To name a few.....................
Top 10 Famous Oklahomans - Top Famous Oklahoma Celebrities in the Entertainment Industry: Actors, Actresses, Directors and Singers

Old 09-10-2009, 10:12 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,559,611 times
I dont know why so many people list a Midwest state as being the "worst" just because there are no mountains or water or the like. That's silly. Who cares about topography? Does topography and water and 'culture' attract jobs? I lived in Indiana most of my life and never minded the flat land and no water. What I find more important are economic issues, taxes, and jobs. Thats why I think California is the worst. Sure, it has mountains, water, culture, etc., but it has a horrible economy, its bankrupt, enormous taxes, huge and burdensome regulations, very high cost of living, bad education, illegals and crime everywhere, and its business unfriendly climate make me want to avoid it like the plague. Who wants to live in Cai??? yuk!!

Old 09-11-2009, 12:58 AM

Speaking of that About.com I found this interesting 1 on Oklahoma most poeple should read Top Misconceptions About Oklahoma and its People
But the last 1 about football is mostly true. Here your either a Sooner fan or a Cowboy fan, people who are not are few and far between.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:30 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
I dont know why so many people list a Midwest state as being the "worst" just because there are no mountains or water or the like. That's silly. Who cares about topography? Does topography and water and 'culture' attract jobs? !!
Yes, the natural environment of a place often is a positive attribute when it comes to attracting a net in-migration of people to a particular place. Isolated rural areas in the Great Plains have a severe out-migration problem. This leads to a net outflow of venture capital and human resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City