Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:46 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times

Advertisements

Will the Klubot power the Tribe to a World Series title?

<< Andrew Miller's new neighbor was basically a stranger, and to some extent, he still is. Miller, the trade acquisition who arrived in August, had only met Corey Kluber once, at this summer's All-Star Game, and so suddenly occupying a locker next to that of the man affectionately and accurately known as "The Klubot" has given the reliever his first real window into the world of the stoic, dry, impassive ace of the Indians.

"He is," said Miller, "a man of few words.">>

Corey Kluber lets Game 1 gem speak for him | indians.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 11:08 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,026,728 times
That was an evenly matched game despite it being 6-0. Mr. Miller was 100% rock solid (at least, when he needed to be), and it could easily have been Chicago's game if he wasn't.

I don't watch baseball much but I'm definitely pulling for the Tribe here!

Old 10-26-2016, 06:28 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,438,386 times
Why are there so many Cub fans in the stand at tonight's game?

Old 10-26-2016, 07:12 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,010 times
There were a lot last night. Cubs tix are from 3K and up. Many drove from CHI and paid $900 is my guess.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:07 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,442,762 times
Pretty terrible game last night. Hope to not see Bauer again. Just demoralizing going down before you even get the chance to bat for the first time.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:04 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,768,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Pretty terrible game last night. Hope to not see Bauer again. Just demoralizing going down before you even get the chance to bat for the first time.
Totally agree with you BJimmy! Bauer's been nothing but trouble for the Tribe this whole postseason both on and off field. Francona had better change his game plans and not put Bauer in again at all costs or else the series is all but lost. He really should go with Merritt whom I trust a lot more than Bauer. Even going with Salazar is less of a risk at this point.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:58 PM

23 posts, read 30,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Why are there so many Cub fans in the stand at tonight's game?
from the Wall Street Journal:

The Cheapest Way for Cubs Fans to Attend the World Series: Drive to Cleveland
Quote:
Based on secondary market prices, it’s less money for fans to drive to Cleveland and stay at a hotel than it is to go to Wrigley

Old 10-28-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Totally agree with you BJimmy! Bauer's been nothing but trouble for the Tribe this whole postseason both on and off field. Francona had better change his game plans and not put Bauer in again at all costs or else the series is all but lost. He really should go with Merritt whom I trust a lot more than Bauer. Even going with Salazar is less of a risk at this point.
Bauer does not give the Indians a reasonable chance to win. Got incredibly lucky that game he left in the first. Bullpen is good, but to expect minor miracles from them all the time is ridiculous. I think Francona knows that. I would be surprised if Bauer pitches game 5 at Wrigley. That just has trouble written all over it. Merritt is vastly preferable, in my opinion anyway.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:12 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Bauer does not give the Indians a reasonable chance to win. Got incredibly lucky that game he left in the first. Bullpen is good, but to expect minor miracles from them all the time is ridiculous. I think Francona knows that. I would be surprised if Bauer pitches game 5 at Wrigley. That just has trouble written all over it. Merritt is vastly preferable, in my opinion anyway.
My hunch is that Francona will start either Bauer or Salazar because both have better pitches when in the groove than Merritt.

Francona will be conscious that both were rusty on Wednesday, and therefore perhaps good candidates for much better outings later in this series.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
My hunch is that Francona will start either Bauer or Salazar because both have better pitches when in the groove than Merritt.

Francona will be conscious that both were rusty on Wednesday, and therefore perhaps good candidates for much better outings later in this series.
Merritt has the advantage of being unknown. People know the deal with Bauer now and a team like the Cubs can easily beat him up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland