Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 08:51 AM

159 posts, read 187,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
There is a lot of clear cutting and building, I see a lot of congestion, and need for road improvement, which could equal tax increases.
Thank is happening in all the popular places. Here in E. TN also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2023, 09:09 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Calabash is prone to flooding. I would check out flood areas.
Does not! And I've been here 15 1/2 years!

Old 06-26-2023, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowgirl View Post
The community I'm talking about is a new manufactured home subdivision that Carolina homes in Ocean Isle is doing. Starting in the high 200's.
I would stay away from anything Carolina Homes does!

They have a terrible reputation.

Old 06-26-2023, 09:16 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The Town of Calabash disagrees:

"A lot of people have moved to this area with little knowledge of the geographic or climatic conditions that may exist after a hurricane. This is the southeastern coastal plain of North Carolina. The land is flat and swampy. The area is prone to flooding, especially with 15 to 20 inches of rainfall from severe coastal storms or hurricanes."

https://www.townofcalabash.net/resid...r%20hurricanes.

Old 06-26-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
The Town of Calabash disagrees:

"A lot of people have moved to this area with little knowledge of the geographic or climatic conditions that may exist after a hurricane. This is the southeastern coastal plain of North Carolina. The land is flat and swampy. The area is prone to flooding, especially with 15 to 20 inches of rainfall from severe coastal storms or hurricanes."

https://www.townofcalabash.net/resid...r%20hurricanes.
The only flooding I have seen is at Brunswick Plantation , which is NOT in Calabash.

From your posting, "own of Calabash feels that it is very important that its citizens be aware of the possibility that we could be impacted by coastal storms ranging in strength from a nor’easter to a major hurricane. "

Like I said, I've been here 15 1/2years.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 06-26-2023 at 09:29 AM..

Old 06-26-2023, 10:01 AM

8,754 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Quote:
Didn`t Brunswick Plantation have flooding....can`t think of the other community, right now. Just wanted the poster to be aware.

Just saw your post that Brunswick Plantation is not in Calabash.....every site I have been on says in is in Calabash??

Old 06-26-2023, 12:52 PM

159 posts, read 187,990 times
Quote:
I would stay away from anything Carolina Homes does!

They have a terrible reputation.
Thank you. Good to know!

Old 06-27-2023, 10:22 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
There is a lot of clear cutting and building, I see a lot of congestion, and need for road improvement, which could equal tax increases.

I was just in Calabash a couple of weeks ago and will be back this week and was amazed at the amount of clear cutting between OIB and Calabash happening. Also dropped the speed limit between the two so heads up! lol

Old 06-29-2023, 02:15 PM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
This area is growing entirely too fast!! With thousands of new homes going up between the SC state line and Leland, I would not doubt there will be zero room for people on the beach. It took my husband 40 minutes today to go from Calabash on Route 179 to Ocean Ridge Plantation!! Bumper to bumper and its not even the holiday yet!!?? Where are these people going to park at the beach??? Water pressure is a problem already, traffic is a nightmare already.

Old 06-29-2023, 02:23 PM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Interesting. I have not been able to find anything online that is directly about the Clariday subdivision. However, it is in a good neighborhood, and I think you would be happy with what amenities, stores, restaurants, etc. are available in Calabash. The aerial view and street views just show land in development and a few old single-wides.

The firm "Carolina Homes in Ocean Isle" advertise themselves primarily as a dealer of manufactured homes. They do not say anything about land development. I would ask a lot of questions about what their development includes or does not.

There is another very nice manufactured home developments in Calabash for you to compare. It is called the Village at Calabash. Here's a place that sold recently, and this is what I thing a well-maintained manufactured home development should look like:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...78243999_zpid/
I would first subscribe to the Brunswick Beacon newspaper. You will see that "Carolina Shores" area of Calabash does indeed have flooding issues as well as petty crime stats. Calabash itself is a very charming little town that now is busting out of the seams. Expect over a good hour + wait on the weekends to go to a restaurant. The little Calabash secret is out. Everyone is coming here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina