Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 08:25 AM

159 posts, read 188,377 times

Advertisements

We came across a new manufactured home community called Clariday subdivision. Anyone familar with the area? Thoughts on Calabash in general.
We are coming out in September and trying to narrow down areas to check out. Thank you
Calabash input-screenshot_20230615-102131.png
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2023, 11:08 AM

13,369 posts, read 27,026,467 times
I think you could enjoy Calabash, although the restaurants get very busy in the summer.
The listings for the existing manufactured homes do not mention the type of ownership. Given the low-ish price, I assume you are paying only for the unit, not the lot. There could be a hefty ground rent to cover taxes, water and sewer, road upkeep, etc. Ask questions about what you are actually getting with the unit. Also ask a lot of questions about whether you can finance the home.
The curious thing about Clariday is that it is across the road from the Thistle golf community. They bill themselves as very exclusive, but they have not sold many homes. If you play golf, you might look at membership options for non-residents.

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-15-2023 at 11:36 AM..

Old 06-15-2023, 02:55 PM

There is a great deal of new construction in Calabash in the modest price range under $350K. There are communities by the big developers like Pulte. There are also indivually built houses on large lots. You would have a lot to choose from.

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-15-2023 at 04:00 PM..

Old 06-15-2023, 05:22 PM

8,752 posts, read 5,046,098 times
Calabash is prone to flooding. I would check out flood areas.

Old 06-16-2023, 07:11 AM

Thank you

Old 06-16-2023, 07:00 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,050,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
The curious thing about Clariday is that it is across the road from the Thistle golf community. They bill themselves as very exclusive, but they have not sold many homes. If you play golf, you might look at membership options for non-residents.

Not sure what is happening at Thistle Downs but we had heard (golf course gossip) that a "production" builder was building in Thistle. When I looked up homes for sale in Clariday Woods 7320 Lieth Lane came up. That address and house is listed for sale in Thistle Downs and is quite a bit less pricey than the original homes. The site is promoting the Thistle Downs golf courses as an amenity.

Thistle Downs has allowed memberships to outside players for years.

Old 06-17-2023, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Not sure what is happening at Thistle Downs but we had heard (golf course gossip) that a "production" builder was building in Thistle. When I looked up homes for sale in Clariday Woods 7320 Lieth Lane came up. That address and house is listed for sale in Thistle Downs and is quite a bit less pricey than the original homes. The site is promoting the Thistle Downs golf courses as an amenity.
Thanks for pointing out these houses. (Sorry for hijacking the thread.) They may interest folks with a budget in the upper $600K to $700K range. They are high-end spec houses built by Classic Home Building of Myrtle Beach. They show up with a Sunset Beach address on Zillow.

They apparently comply with Thistle Down's standards for an "old-world" brick and stone exterior, and have nicer finishes than standard builder homes, like wrought-iron railings. Not everyone can afford to build a true custom home, so the Thistle developers have been forced to bring in an alternative. Here's the upper end model:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...04014680_zpid/

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-17-2023 at 07:01 AM..

Old 06-17-2023, 09:22 AM

The community I'm talking about is a new manufactured home subdivision that Carolina homes in Ocean Isle is doing. Starting in the high 200's.

Old 06-17-2023, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowgirl View Post
The community I'm talking about is a new manufactured home subdivision that Carolina homes in Ocean Isle is doing. Starting in the high 200's.
Interesting. I have not been able to find anything online that is directly about the Clariday subdivision. However, it is in a good neighborhood, and I think you would be happy with what amenities, stores, restaurants, etc. are available in Calabash. The aerial view and street views just show land in development and a few old single-wides.

The firm "Carolina Homes in Ocean Isle" advertise themselves primarily as a dealer of manufactured homes. They do not say anything about land development. I would ask a lot of questions about what their development includes or does not.

There is another very nice manufactured home developments in Calabash for you to compare. It is called the Village at Calabash. Here's a place that sold recently, and this is what I thing a well-maintained manufactured home development should look like:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...78243999_zpid/

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-17-2023 at 11:19 AM..

Old 06-17-2023, 12:04 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,050,093 times
https://www.bexrealty.com/North-Caro...lariday-Woods/.

Is this the subdivision? If so it is a very short drive into the little town of Calabash.
It is a wonderful little town with a number of popular eateries. It is mostly a casual place with a real beach feel.

It is also about a 20 minute drive into North Myrtle Beach for all the entertainment! It is an hour drive up to Wilmington for Theaters and Art Galleries and many great restaurants.

Calabash is a great little town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina