Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2021, 10:29 AM

275 posts, read 330,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
That guarantees that several major projects won't get done for maybe 10 years at least.

Allen Rd was supposed to be improved to 4 lanes.
Evans Rd to Old Tar all the way to Worthington was supposed to be improved to 4 lanes.

They are also preparing to pave NC 43 south from, probably, Fire Tower Rd to past Chicod School. They've installed Road Construction and Soft Shoulder signs along that entire path on both sides of the road. They're also grinding down the bigger bumps in the road and backfilling drainage pipes that go under the road and patch paving over the pipes.
Honestly, outside Lakeforest Elementary, I don't really see the point of an Allen Rd. Widening now that the 11 Bypass is done. It does basically the same thing, and faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 06:54 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
Honestly, outside Lakeforest Elementary, I don't really see the point of an Allen Rd. Widening now that the 11 Bypass is done. It does basically the same thing, and faster.
Allen Rd has been targeted by the county for future development.

As an addendum to what I wrote about NC 43 paving, they will be paving Charles Blvd all of the way from Greenville Blvd to NC 43 South and beyond.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:57 AM

455 posts, read 527,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Allen Rd has been targeted by the county for future development.

As an addendum to what I wrote about NC 43 paving, they will be paving Charles Blvd all of the way from Greenville Blvd to NC 43 South and beyond.
If that is indeed indicative of those three projects being delayed for 10+ years that is really unfortunate.... I had hoped the state might use some of its surplus tax to put the DOT back on track.

Old 07-19-2021, 04:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,017 times
Anyone know what's happening in from of the Target shopping center (University Commons)? Was shopping out there the other day and saw a section closed off with trailers, I believe it was the small parking lot area between Noodles & Company and Chili's.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:21 AM

33 posts, read 38,929 times
ACE Hardware is coming to the old Rite Aid at Firetower & Charles

Old 07-19-2021, 06:47 AM

455 posts, read 527,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriddle84 View Post
Anyone know what's happening in from of the Target shopping center (University Commons)? Was shopping out there the other day and saw a section closed off with trailers, I believe it was the small parking lot area between Noodles & Company and Chili's.
I cannot believe Greenville doesn't have a super Target.... A target near campus would seemingly do well IMO a la the one on Hillsborough St across from NCSU.

I've always thought 10th street across from campus (old Darrell's lot, the post office, bank, etc) was ripe for development... Even more so now with increased housing adjacent to it.

Old 07-20-2021, 04:33 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,596,928 times
The lot across 10th from campus floods a lot. I don’t know if it can be developed. The PO has flooded a few times, I think as recently as Hurricane Matthew.

Old 07-20-2021, 04:35 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,596,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie babies lied to us View Post
There used to be an ACE hardware right near there on Bells Fork Road a few years ago. The small building beside the Speedway. Wonder if this is related.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:27 PM

277 posts, read 436,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie babies lied to us View Post
"old rite aid" man do I feel old. Last time I was there it was just Rite Aid.

Old 07-21-2021, 08:59 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,854,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
The lot across 10th from campus floods a lot. I don’t know if it can be developed. The PO has flooded a few times, I think as recently as Hurricane Matthew.
Yes it flooded in Matthew. Mail got routed to Memorial Drive (not downtown)....PO should be looking at renting space from The Proximity or building something new. There is no post office for 27858.

The area across from ECU should be purchased by ECU or the City and left as open space because of the flooding issues...great place for wide sidewalk, trail, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina