Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 07:19 PM

124 posts, read 479,025 times

Advertisements

This is like predicting the Final Four.

I say at the end of the season we will see.

1. Alabama
2. USC
3. Georgia
4. Florida
5. LSU

Texas will get defeated by Texas Tech.
Ohio St. will get beat by Illinois.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 07:44 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I don't like notre dame, but they have a ton of tradition. I think it is bad for college football when they suck. I hate michigan, but don't like watching them lose to bad teams. I watched the gators suck under ron zook. it was freaking depressing.

I dont think so. College football is at a level where so many teams are now competitive that it makes the season fun to watch. Notre Dame has history on it's side but they aren't the team everyone loves they once were.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:37 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by histo320 View Post
This is like predicting the Final Four.

I say at the end of the season we will see.

1. Alabama
2. USC
3. Georgia
4. Florida
5. LSU

Texas will get defeated by Texas Tech.
Ohio St. will get beat by Illinois.
4 of the top 5 from the SEC, I don't think so. I would think that would be darn near impossible as they still have to play each other and of course there is their championship. I think you'll see 2 in the top 5, but based purely on the attrition that will soon begin in the SEC, 4 out of 5 will not happen.

Of those SEC teams, my money is on Florida. Yeah, they lost to Ole Miss, but sure beat up on LSU. LSU will lose again, Georgia gets taken out by UF and Bama goes down as well. When it is all said and done, I have no clue who will be in the NC game.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:04 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
it is impossible for 4 SEC teams to be in the top 5. they all play one another and they have a championship game. florida plays georgia in 2 weeks so one of those teams will have 2 losses. however georgia was represented well in the NFL yesterday when scrawny little hines ward leveled big bad keith rivers from mighty USC and broke his face(jaw actually). in case ya missed it.

YouTube - Keith rivers gets his jaw broken by Hines Ward (MUST SEE)- Block of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
4 of the top 5 from the SEC, I don't think so. I would think that would be darn near impossible as they still have to play each other and of course there is their championship. I think you'll see 2 in the top 5, but based purely on the attrition that will soon begin in the SEC, 4 out of 5 will not happen.

Of those SEC teams, my money is on Florida. Yeah, they lost to Ole Miss, but sure beat up on LSU. LSU will lose again, Georgia gets taken out by UF and Bama goes down as well. When it is all said and done, I have no clue who will be in the NC game.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:29 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
For once, I have faith in Texas' ability to not pull defeat out of the jaws of victory. I think this team is for real, has few weakness, and should go all the way if we can stay healthy.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Heck it could be OU vs Texas for the national championship, I'm sure that would make alot of people happy

I just hope its not another crappy Big 10 team.
I'll be pulling for an Ohio State win this week.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:51 AM

penn state beat beat the team that beat USC by like 7000 points. maybe they are actually a good team. probably not though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Heck it could be OU vs Texas for the national championship, I'm sure that would make alot of people happy

I just hope its not another crappy Big 10 team.
I'll be pulling for an Ohio State win this week.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:42 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
penn state beat beat the team that beat USC by like 7000 points. maybe they are actually a good team. probably not though.

I hate this argument. Ole Miss beat Florida, Vanderbilt beat Ole Miss. So is Vandy a better team than Florida? No

Penn St. has the 100th toughest schedule in football, sorry that isnt impressive.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 AM

yeah, but an undefeated team from a major conference will always play for it over a 1 loss team. it would be the same for the ACC or the big east. remember, it was WVU who was "supposed" to play for the NC last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I hate this argument. Ole Miss beat Florida, Vanderbilt beat Ole Miss. So is Vandy a better team than Florida? No

Penn St. has the 100th toughest schedule in football, sorry that isnt impressive.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 AM

65 posts, read 268,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
USC over any other loser team that gets in their way.
Ya, as long as it's not Oregon State, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football