Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Charlie Weis be Fired?
Yes 22 66.67%
No 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 10:32 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times

Advertisements

If that huge financial commitment wasn't there, he would've been fired mid-season. But ND doesn't want to pay 2 salaries for the same position, so they'll give it a shot for another year and hope for the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSouthDakota View Post
YES! I am a die hard notre dame fan but damnit he has ruined this team, he is a so called offensive genius? HA! What a joke! we lose to a 2-8 team, then we dont even get a first down until the last play of the 3rd quarter against usc. its pathetic. He needs to go, i doubt they will fire him because it would cost so much to buy his contract out i believe its 17 million. On the other hand i hate our QB he is a also a joke, supposedly one of the best QB's coming out of high school and he really does suck.
Clausen is a great QB, he's better than Sharpley anyway ... but when your offensive line sucks like ND's does, it doesn't make him look good. Clausen needs to pack on about 10-15 pounds in the off season.

Yep, Charlie's on for year 5. It's the best coaching decision that school has made in years. To be honest, I think this new attorney/AD was brought on board to go through Weis's contract with a fine tooth comb and he looked at it for what it was and said that the University would end up losing more money in buyouts than to keep him on for one more year. They are meeting next Monday ... wonder if they'll renegotiate any of the terms.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:26 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
This is pathetic. How could they keep Charlie??? Willingham and Davie were fired for much less. Notre Dame football is becoming irrelevant.

The fact is that Charlie could only win with Ty Willingham's players. His own recruits are horrible. Give this useless blob the boot.

Maybe ND should consider moving down to Div. I-AA. They might then have a shot at a winning record.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:36 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
This is pathetic. How could they keep Charlie??? Willingham and Davie were fired for much less. Notre Dame football is becoming irrelevant.

The fact is that Charlie could only win with Ty Willingham's players. His own recruits are horrible. Give this useless blob the boot.

Maybe ND should consider moving down to Div. I-AA. They might then have a shot at a winning record.
You should check out their schedule for next year! It's a cream puff! If he can't win atleast 8 games next year, he ought to give back his paycheck.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
You should check out their schedule for next year! It's a cream puff! If he can't win atleast 8 games next year, he ought to give back his paycheck.
And if he doesn't, he will get a royal shellaleigh on his posterior post haste.

They need to get a coach in there who demands that ND join a conference.

The only thing that is growing at ND is Charlie's gut. I'm sick of it too, and I'm not a hater.

Here's the 09 schedule:

09/05 - Nevada
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09/12 - Michigan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09/19 - Michigan State
09/26 - Purdue
10/03 -Washington
10/17 - Southern Cal
10/24 - Boston College
10/31 - Washington State
(in Alamo Dome, San Antonio, TX)
11/07 - Navy
11/14 - Pittsburgh
11/21 - Connecticut
11/28 - Stanford

They play USC early next year, at ND ... that will be a gimme loss, but that's about it. If they lose to BC again ... Charlie's goose is cooked. Swarbrick meets with Weis on Monday. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall during that meeting. It's my hope that he reads Charlie the riot act and tells that yes Charlie, your poo does stink and it's the stinkiest poo in college football.

It's terrible, ND's women's soccer, men & women's basketball programs are tops in the nation and you can bet your sweet bippee that those coaches aren't making close to what that University is shelling out to that fat slob. I'm glad they kept him on for next year ... maybe Charlie's attitude will get an adjustment in the offseason. The coup de grace would be the AD taking ND out of any contention for any bowl, that would be a slap in the face to Chuck and he needs several.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:29 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
^ Conn. and Pitt. will beat ND next year.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
If so ... Large Charlie should have his bags packed on the sidelines.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:53 AM

8,981 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Don't forget Purdue!!

Old 12-04-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
Don't forget Purdue!!
Have they named a new coach yet?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:50 AM

8,981 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Have they named a new coach yet?
Danny Hope. He was an assistant coach last year; they did the same one year transition thing that the basketball team did with Matt Painter. He was the head coach at Eastern Kentucky; and is supposed to be a great recruiter. Hopefully he can get some guys who will catch the ball and replace Kory Sheets; because I believe that Justin Siller can be a great quarterback next year if he has help. I also believed Purdue was a 10 win team this year; so take that for what it is worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football