U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2009, 11:39 PM
 
Location: Invercargill, New Zealand
2,818 posts, read 5,817,361 times
Reputation: 1324

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I also think of mike williams and matt leinart! florida won't lose this year. I think they played well after their loss last year and they destroyed everyone. USC lost their defense to the draft, and the gators brought everyone back. oklahoma and texas should be in the mix, and ohio state, unfortunately. I think the buckeyes beat USC this year.
I hate to say it but I don't see them getting beat this year either, just can't see anyone beating them, Ohio State V USC will be a must watch. Will be interesting to see how their QB goes whenever they name one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2009, 12:55 PM
 
Location: California
2,011 posts, read 2,011,689 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I disagree. USC blows pretty much every year. they got beat last year by a team that beat pitt in a bowl game 3-0. USC is worse than pitt.

Then Florida is worse then Ole Miss. Based on you're luncay, you must be high on something or extremely envious of the University of Southern California Trojans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 01:08 PM
 
Location: California
2,011 posts, read 2,011,689 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I hate to say it but I don't see them getting beat this year either, just can't see anyone beating them, Ohio State V USC will be a must watch. Will be interesting to see how their QB goes whenever they name one.
True, USC did lose their defense to the NFL. But they do have very capable replacements in waiting. An example would be that Matt Cassel never started for USC, but he does in the NFL. My concern is not with their defense, but with the play of Aaron Corp at quarterback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 01:32 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,208,305 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Then Florida is worse then Ole Miss. Based on you're luncay, you must be high on something or extremely envious of the University of Southern California Trojans.
what's the be envious about? florida has 2 national championships in the last 3 years. USC has none. USC has 1 in like the last 50 years. oh, and their best player in history is a murderer. yup, plenty to be jealous about. aren't they being investigated for cheating too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 09:12 AM
 
Location: California
2,011 posts, read 2,011,689 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
what's the be envious about? florida has 2 national championships in the last 3 years. USC has none. USC has 1 in like the last 50 years. oh, and their best player in history is a murderer. yup, plenty to be jealous about. aren't they being investigated for cheating too?
One N.C. in 50 years??? Not only are you jealous, your ignorant to the history of college football. Not to mention we have 7 Heisman trophies. Win about 10 more National Champions, and about 5 more Heisman's then we'll compare. Right now, you're not even a discussion. Until then, I'm done with you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:02 AM
 
8 posts, read 17,176 times
Reputation: 12
Jim Thorpe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:05 AM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,208,305 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
One N.C. in 50 years??? Not only are you jealous, your ignorant to the history of college football. Not to mention we have 7 Heisman trophies. Win about 10 more National Champions, and about 5 more Heisman's then we'll compare. Right now, you're not even a discussion. Until then, I'm done with you!!
all NC's SUC won while playing in the coward bowl have been voided by society. in the modern era, they have 1. you know, since the agreed to play teams outside the big 10 in a place other than at home. florida has 3 NC's in the last 15 years. SUC has 1. please brush up on your math skills too. the gators have 3 heismans, and the youngest player to win one. let me know when you stop living in the 60's, and when your heisman trophy winners stop murdering people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:38 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,928 posts, read 19,142,988 times
Reputation: 9155
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 11:37 PM
 
Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,208,305 times
Reputation: 668
he had a great game. no doubt. that nebraska team was one of the best of all time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2009, 12:04 AM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,017,321 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
all NC's SUC won while playing in the coward bowl have been voided by society. in the modern era, they have 1. you know, since the agreed to play teams outside the big 10 in a place other than at home. florida has 3 NC's in the last 15 years. SUC has 1. please brush up on your math skills too. the gators have 3 heismans, and the youngest player to win one. let me know when you stop living in the 60's, and when your heisman trophy winners stop murdering people.
Really? Why is it that so many SEC fans completely disregard USC? So many SEC fans claim SC is a bad program with archaic history and tradition. What is the deal with you trying to claim SC will only play against Big 10 schools as they hide out at the Rose Bowl afraid to play "a real team?" Is there some oath that SEC fans have to sign that states "Thy will never admit any other conference bearers of the pigskin can ever compete against thy team and fellow conference teams."

It's funny, one could state how USC beats down OCC opponents (except Texas packersnut), has a hoard of Heisman Trophy winners, a slew of National Championships (including 2, yes 2, in the last 5 years. Yeah LSU, blah, blah), the most bowl wins (tied with Bama), a grip of NFL players (both past and present), a ton of Hall of Famers, and yet you can dismiss that as ancient history or simply ignore facts. Why is that? I figure it could have to do with limited intelligence or just complete ignorance. But, what is your take?

Oh yes, the old argument that USC losses to a fellow Pac-10 team. Or is that the Lac-10? So, they lose to a team that sees them every year (a team that has more video, insight and knowledge about how to attempt to stop them). And that team is usually pretty bad, huh? Stanford, Oregon State, even horrible Oregon (you know that team who had the real Heisman winner before going down with an injury). Florida would never lose to a team that is far worse than them...cough, Michigan, cough.

And of course the whole tirade about how USC only plays weak Big 10 teams. Let's be honest, didn't Florida lose to Michigan just a few seasons back? And wasn't that Michigan the same team that lost to, well, you know who. Plus, UM got smashed against Oregon, oh gosh, another weak Pac-10 team (with the real Heisman trophy winner).

I guess I just want to hear a logical argument on why USC is so beneath the SEC. Now, I want facts, scores, records, not opinions. I can easily produce these in defense of USC. Please bring records against SEC opponents, bowl records (UF's is 18-19 correct), etc. Here is a tip that will provide a strong case-USC is 0-1-1 against UF (you beat a 8-3 SC team in '82 and tied a 4-6-1 team in '83- yeah 80-90s were a low point). But, what about the other Gods of the Pigskin? I'm sure USC hasn't beaten any top SEC teams.

Get back to me, ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top