Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 06:48 PM

15 posts, read 112,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
That's just not true at all. Heck of a hasty generalization.
Its not true? Where do you find better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 12:11 PM

28 posts, read 56,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo98 View Post
springs is more affordable than other places because there is absolutely nothing to spend money on.
OMG that is sooo true. Lived here 5 years, my gosh I'm rich from doing absolutely NOTHING!! Sold my house and moving in 11 days!! Can't wait to have a life again, be able to breathe, not itch from the dry skin, eat real food etc, etc.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:57 PM

86 posts, read 339,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by levamp59 View Post
OMG that is sooo true. Lived here 5 years, my gosh I'm rich from doing absolutely NOTHING!! Sold my house and moving in 11 days!! Can't wait to have a life again, be able to breathe, not itch from the dry skin, eat real food etc, etc.
Nothing? I could have helped you find things to do, places to eat and helped you spend your money.
I agree about dry skin and breathing can feel a strain.

Last edited by AUNTIEMinCOLORADO; 12-05-2010 at 07:06 PM..

Old 01-25-2019, 11:54 PM

1 posts, read 624 times
I don't like Colorado Springs. I moved back after being in the northwest and then the midwest for over 20 years and it's changed. It's too expensive, housing is too high priced because there is too much military here and too many potheads moving here driving up the cost of living. Wages aren't high enough to keep up. I'm from Colorado originally, and I really don't like it anymore. Eventually I'll probably move away. For now I'm here for family.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:45 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeramps View Post
I don't like Colorado Springs. I moved back after being in the northwest and then the midwest for over 20 years and it's changed. It's too expensive, housing is too high priced because there is too much military here and too many potheads moving here driving up the cost of living. Wages aren't high enough to keep up. I'm from Colorado originally, and I really don't like it anymore. Eventually I'll probably move away. For now I'm here for family.
I actually think Colorado Springs has improved in the past decade but I will admit to bias I like bigger cities and don't really like small towns.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:11 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,196,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeramps View Post
I doubt the potheads have anything to do with the rising costs.

People moving here from expensive places (such as the coasts) and paying cash for a larger house DEFINITELY have something to do with it.

Wait- probably a few enjoy pot too (!).

Old 01-26-2019, 10:16 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
I doubt the potheads have anything to do with the rising costs.

People moving here from expensive places (such as the coasts) and paying cash for a larger house DEFINITELY have something to do with it.

Wait- probably a few enjoy pot too (!).
Yea I never understood this argument. Either pot makes you a broke loser so how could they afford to drive up costs? Or all the potheads are wealthy transplants lol.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:05 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,522,918 times
Whatever negatives one can find about Colorado Springs, one thing that always remains for me that makes it home - nothing like that first view of Pikes Peak after not seeing it for awhile. Even a day trip to Denver, when I get that first view on the Interstate on the way home, my heart does a little leap of joy.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:32 PM

48 posts, read 29,384 times
There sure are a lot of suicides in the city. Look at the Neighborhood function under the Colorado Springs Police Department website.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:55 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyW View Post
There sure are a lot of suicides in the city. Look at the Neighborhood function under the Colorado Springs Police Department website.
Not sure what you're looking at....can you provide a link...

The CSPD website sent me to this link where I found just 2 suicides out of 250 police calls in the last 30 days.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs