Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:30 AM

53 posts, read 204,941 times

Advertisements

Thank you, I have learned to not believe everything I hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 11:17 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,173 times
Concerning your question about gangs...I worked at an at-risk HS where the majority were gang members who came from school districts 2 and 11. The kiddos we would get from 49 where soon to be or already moms and dads, a couple kiddos from D20, D8, and D3 who had behavior/emotional issues. This is of course loose because you can't lump it like that, but its a good idea. D49 is a great area and school district except they seem to run into bad luck with administration, funding, and over crowding (in the past I heard about it a lot). Last I heard, D49 is on a hiring freeze for teachers, D20 is still hiring, and D11 just shut down schools and those teachers are scrambling for jobs...over 200 applicants for one job in my district.
Yes, in the past, Fountain has carried a bad reputation but the area is not like what it used to be. Lots of new stuff. However D20, the north end trumps Fountain by far for wealth and reputation. Fountain is a small close knit community and has become very much a family community for the middle class and military families (air force and army). My favorite home builder is Oakwood Homes or New Homes :: Home Builder Colorado :: More House Less Money :: sOakwoodHomes which is located by the new elementary school, Eagleside Elementary.

Good luck!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:39 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Here's the latest news story about the troop arrivals, with some dates and numbers.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:58 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,290,257 times
And from the Don't Count Your Chickens Until They Hatch Dept, here's some late-breaking news on the Army's formal cancellation of plans to move the 5th BCT to Carson:

Colorado Springs Gazette: 5th BCT Not Coming to Carson

Old 06-03-2009, 08:42 AM

598 posts, read 1,546,793 times
I think there were a lot of us that thought this was gonna happen. This should be no surprise.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:15 AM

Troops are arriving this week, with more in July.

The 1st BCT of the 4th ID has arrived this week.

HQs of 4th ID will arrive in July.

By end of summer, troop levels at Fort Carson will be 25,000 which is up from 14,000 troops in 2003.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:48 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,173 times
Mike, YOU SHOULD SEE THE MOVING TRUCKS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD! OMG!
I think at some points they out number POVs.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
Mike, YOU SHOULD SEE THE MOVING TRUCKS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD! OMG!
I think at some points they out number POVs.
COOL! We've had a few up here in the past month, USAF folks PCS'ing out. Had an incoming Army O-5 PCS two doors up in May.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:04 AM

Local paper reports that more of the 4th ID is now here.

Excerpts:

- The 4th Infantry Division marked its long-awaited return to Fort Carson on Wednesday, bringing with it 6,500 soldiers due on post by Labor Day and a new leadership team to run the post.

- The division moved from Fort Hood, Texas, where it had been stationed since 1995. Fort Carson has nearly doubled in population since 2003, growing from 14,000 soldiers to 26,000 by the end of this year.

- The arrival of the division follows a $1.2 billion building boom at the post.

- 75% of the 6,500 troops have arrived, with the rest coming in at a rate of more than 100 per day.

- Fort Carson is welcoming home 3,800 soldiers from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team of the 4th Infantry Division who have spent the past year in Iraq. The first contingent from that brigade is due home this week, with the rest filtering back through August.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:56 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,714 times
Hopefully, this will translate to possible economic growth or at least stabilization in the area and perhaps it will nudge the real estate market up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs