Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:16 PM

12 posts, read 67,512 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving from Orange County, California, to Colorado Springs, and we couldn't be more excited! Although, you may be less than excited to gain another couple of Southern Californians, but we promise not to bring any BMWs.

So, what am I in store for that I don't already know about? There's the snow, of course, and the fact that everyone calls the 25 "I-25." Aside from that, I'm ignorant of what I should look out for. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 03:18 PM

59 posts, read 329,668 times
Hi....Im on my way Sunday! I too am excited and its going to be a total change!!
cheryl

Old 05-10-2007, 03:26 PM

353 posts, read 504,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
My wife and I are moving from Orange County, California, to Colorado Springs, and we couldn't be more excited! Although, you may be less than excited to gain another couple of Southern Californians, but we promise not to bring any BMWs.

So, what am I in store for that I don't already know about? There's the snow, of course, and the fact that everyone calls the 25 "I-25." Aside from that, I'm ignorant of what I should look out for. Any ideas?
Welcome to the great state of Colorado! There's a fun little post on the general Colorado forum that goes something like, "Guide for Californians moving to Colorado." Check it out.

Anyway, you're gonna love the Springs. It's A LOT like Orange County, IMO. In fact, the Denver Post did a study a few years back of the source of immigration to Colorado. Most newcomers to Denver were from all over the place--but the Springs mostly fielded Orange County families. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, that's where James Dobson is from.

Colorado is simply an easier place to live for families than California. Orange County is better than a lot of California places--but outside of the OC it's tough livin'. The great thing about CO is that it's like a giant, more rugged, cheaper, and less populated version of the OC.

Enjoy!

Old 05-10-2007, 03:49 PM

12 posts, read 67,512 times
Thanks for the link! It was informative and amusing, despite the subsequent forum-trollery.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the link! It was informative and amusing, despite the subsequent forum-trollery.
Yes, I suppose it did get a little messy. It might be a taste of what's to come for you in the Springs.

Anyway, here's another link that measures the political/cultural similarities between the OC and Colorado..

Is CO as full of self-centered jerks like CA?

Old 05-10-2007, 05:54 PM

170 posts, read 761,957 times
Quote:

My cats and I moved here in February from TX and haven't looked back. We love it here. Things you can be prepared for are:
--friendly people
--locals refer to Colorado Springs as "The Springs" and Pike's Peak is "The Peak"
--great weather; I have encountered a few snowstorms (missed the blizzards) but it really did melt off the next day when the sun came out
--beautiful views...how can one have a bad day when there is such a great view of the mountains;
--I have encountered gas stations where they actually ran out of gas, never experienced that in TX...but just drive a bit further and you'll find a station that has gas;
--wine isn't sold in grocery stores, you have to go to the liquor store, not sure if that is how it is in CA.

We love it here!! Best of luck...have a safe trip! MINZ

Have a safe trip! Minz

Old 05-10-2007, 07:00 PM

117 posts, read 623,012 times
My husband is there today. Wish I could of gone, but I have to work.
He took a jet flight straight from Ontario to COS. Took around an hour and was a nice flight.
I'm currently waiting for him to send me some pictures via email - depending on if the hotel connection works well with his laptop.
He said it is very pretty there and hardly any people around. (That's a comparison to the people around here.

He is also going to try a drive at rush hour tomorrow and see how that goes.

I'm starting to get anxious now....

Old 05-10-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
My husband is there today. Wish I could of gone, but I have to work.
He took a jet flight straight from Ontario to COS. Took around an hour and was a nice flight.
I'm currently waiting for him to send me some pictures via email - depending on if the hotel connection works well with his laptop.
He said it is very pretty there and hardly any people around. (That's a comparison to the people around here.

He is also going to try a drive at rush hour tomorrow and see how that goes.

I'm starting to get anxious now....
http://www.isellcoloradosprings.com/real_estate/colorado-springs-real-estate/downtownx.jpg (broken link)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/db/DowntownSprings.jpg/293px-DowntownSprings.jpg (broken link)

http://www.callforhelp.com/images/splash.jpg (broken link)

http://www.springs.tv/images/parade_crowd2jpg.JPG (broken link)

http://www.springcreekneighborhood.com/media/woman_flag_dog01_65820728_3.jpg (broken link)

Boy are you gonna love it here!

Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 PM

117 posts, read 623,012 times
Thank you Rawling! Now if you could just post some scratch and sniff COS pics,
I'd be in business. ;-)

Old 05-10-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Thank you Rawling! Now if you could just post some scratch and sniff COS pics,
I'd be in business. ;-)
Oh. Actually, they are! Give it a try!

Sorry. Bad Colorado humor, I guess. Seriously, Colorado smells good. It just does. Fresh--you know what I mean?

Are you thinking about moving out here? What's the main reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: