Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:19 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Thanks for posting. You must be having a bad day or something. There are tons of things to do here, turn off your PC and go do them. Trust me, when you are 30 years old, you'll appreciate this city.

Advice from someone 4 times your age: Study your brains out, get in a great university, get all the learning you can. Then, go where you want, be who or what you want. Like a wise person once said "living well is the best revenge."

s/Mike from back east
Living very well in Colorado Springs
Well, Im finally here, thanks to your great posts. Thanks Mike. I did what you said and went down to the Starbucks, and gazed at the Peak. Let me tell you, I am in complete awe. I walked the path at Garden of the Gods. I can see why it was named. The people are nice. No one tried to convert me to a cult religion. I was supposed to leave Thursday. I just can't do it. I have to go home and get my stuff ready to move here. My wife is going to have to drag me out to I25 in handcuffs and drive me back to Austin. Sunday, I am taking my son to the Zoo, which is going to be fantastic. One thing about Austin, you can get the best Mexican Food. Where can I go to get it here.?

On a side note, I check out the #1 ranked town of Fort Collins. I was very impressed to say the least, however.....I found more things to love about The Springs in 1 hour, than I did in 1 day in FC. Folks from FC please don't comment on that, I love your town too.

Anyplace to rent a boat with a engine and cruise a lake?

Anyway, thanks again. Your the most helpfull moderator on this site. (even if you do delete my comments when I whine about Austin)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 08:30 AM

59 posts, read 329,622 times
[b][b]I have only been here a little over a week but this place is more diverse then I thought it would be. I see very liberal people of all races / colors etc here.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:12 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times
So which is it CTownNative?

Is Cleveland Bad?

Your post from 2/23/2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Cleveland is an all around bad city.The West side is bad but the East side is really bad.Just took a ride out there in January of 2007.Lots of condemed buisnesses and houses.Not much going on there through.Last year in 2006 there was 120 homicides.This year there has been 11.They been arresting the gangs like crazy.They arrested 40 gang members for dealin them rocks earlier this year.But I don't live there right now so I don't really know how my old neiborhood is.Last time I saw it it was gettin worse.
Or is good?

Your post from 5/30/2007
Quote:
...If I was old enough I would move back to my hometown Cleveland right now...

Old 06-10-2007, 05:48 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,209 times
Cleveland is bad for crime,but its a better cultural haven.I know I siad earlier in this post that I wanted to move to Chicagoland,well I've gone back to wanting to move to Cleveland now.There is just too many rich"yuppie"type people in Colorado.Im like the only person at my school who don't got an I-pod or Cell Phone.I still use a house phone and CD Player.I mean I don't mean to offend any of you from Colorado I just don't like Colorado.Its basically a little California,the state which I never want to go to.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:27 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,602 times
Quote:
Cleveland is bad for crime,but its a better cultural haven.I know I siad earlier in this post that I wanted to move to Chicagoland,well I've gone back to wanting to move to Cleveland now.There is just too many rich"yuppie"type people in Colorado.Im like the only person at my school who don't got an I-pod or Cell Phone.I still use a house phone and CD Player.I mean I don't mean to offend any of you from Colorado I just don't like Colorado.Its basically a little California,the state which I never want to go to.
Ok what ever

Old 06-10-2007, 06:29 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,209 times
A little bit more about where Im from,Cleveland was ranked the poorest city in the United States.But it still has world class attractions,good suburbs,and some good areas.These areas also have alot of the world class hospitals and museums and playhouses.But it also has alot of high crime high poverty areas.But when you look at Cleveland and Colorado Springs,Cleveland was a great city before anyone even knew what Colorado Springs was.I guess I need to watch out with what I say sometimes,because Cleveland does have some good areas to it,it also has some very bad ones.But Im just stating my opinions on Colorado.I know alot of the people that live in Colorado that love it here, and to me thats great,you need to live somewhere where you actually like it,and for me it just isn't Colorado.

Last edited by CTownNative; 06-10-2007 at 06:38 PM..

Old 06-14-2007, 06:54 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,270,124 times
C- Native. I can definitely understand where you're coming from. I'm 26 years old and I just couldn't wait to get out of Colorado Springs. I live in Houston now and i like it. While Houston has more diversity ,city life, and skyscrapers, houston doesn't have near the beauty and clean-air that Colorado does. I don't miss the cold winters but i do miss the perfect summers. Sometimes i consider moving back to Colorado ( would have to be Denver).

I'm surprised you didn't at least like Denver though. Denver has culture, festivals, diversity and museums of things to cater to most races.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:18 PM

7 posts, read 48,749 times
Ctown..I am from Cleveland as well, been here 8 months and though I am a bit older than you, well, like 25 years older, the jury is still out on C Springs. I have a son and daughter your age and they would gladly go with you if they could. I can tell you, it is hard to get used to some things, like no grass or trees or large bodies of water in abundance like we had in C town but you gotta try, as others have said. Go hard core, be a soldier. Look at it as a challange. If that fails, go back to Ctown and do enjoy all the things I miss. At least you have that going for ya..

Old 08-02-2007, 08:20 PM

6 posts, read 18,527 times
Talking about Cleveland

Quote:
Is there anyone else that doesn't like Colorado Springs.I dislike this town alot and actually the whole state of Colorado.Theres no diversity here.It doesn't have a city feel to it.Im 15 years old and to me there is nothing to do here.All the people my age out here are boring.All the people out here always talk about the mountains or how great the weather is.I've lived here 2 years and the weather isn't that good.In the summer its really dry,in the winter you get a blizard every week,and in the spring it rains every day.If I was old enough I would move back to my hometown Cleveland right now.Oh and at the schools out here the kids all try and be funny all the time even when what there saying is usually not the least bit funny.
Hi, Ilive in Cleveland now and have plans to move to Colorado Springs. If you are going to move back to Cleveland please look into schooling or a job corps program like Mike said. It would be a good idea for you to look up was been going on in Cleveland, this maybe why your parents moved. MJy 8 and 11 year old actually saw someone shooting at someone. Children between 8 and 13 are raping adults and holding working class adult up with guns. There have been 36-50 deaths a day commited between 10-15 year olds killing each other because the kids who are getting are smart or their parents care about them, of course this is why they are being targeted. Even kids in the suburbs are getting targeted for gang initiation. I'm back in college at 35 because by 2009 if you don't have a bachelor's here, no one wants to hire you if you're uneducated. Actually 2,000 poor working people to middle class people moved out last year of Cleveland. My kids attend school at a Catholic school and while they were walking towad the building of the school some older kids threw snow on their backs that caused a big bruise, and predatos (there ae 10,000 in Cleveland and gowing rapidly) Please use this oppurtunity to educate yourself, and possibly get a job. Try snow boarding or parks for a change you may like it until you can move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs