Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 02:42 PM

4 posts, read 5,716 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, let me explain the situation and story of what is going on here first.

I am 15, and currently live with my mom, dad, and 9 year old brother.

Me and my mom would love to move to CO, aswell as my little brother. My parents are going through some problems and I'm pretty sure they are separating. So, if we end up moving we have the opportunity to go to Colorado. My uncle on the other side of FL and it might be a possibility for him to come move with us when the time comes.

Me and my mom hate Florida with a passion, the heat, the humidity, there is absolutely nothing to do here what so ever, the people here are almost all ass-holes. We adapt to weather almost immediatly, heat doesnt bother us, nor does the cold. I wear shorts and a light shirt with low cut socks when it is 20 degrees here. We don't care much for the beach as we almost never go plus stupid BP went and ruined our beaches.

I longboard, incase you where wondering what that was heres a quick video. (please watch)
Copy and paste the link - [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAnPQevLHpg&feature=related]YouTube - Extreme Downhill Skateboarding/Longboarding[/url]

So as you can tell, hills are a bit important to me, and im sure my little brother and possibly my uncle will enjoy that too if they get into longboarding. In florida, the biggest hill we have is 1 foot off of the street level on a sidewalk going over a drain pipe.

We are all looking for an area, with good scenic views, not big big city, but not small town, small city either. Like right in the middle, plenty of people and (ALOT) of things for everyone to do. That is one of the main reasons we are moving out of florida, there is NOTHING to do what so ever for any of us at all. Low crime rate, nice people is a must, with an active community who dont just pull into there garages and go inside for the rest of their day.

Snowboarding and skiing is an interest we all share, and me and my brother would love to try it, we have never seen real snow. And if possible, not that important, but anywhere close to a gym, and indoor pool would be great.

The reason im asking for help, is we have no idea where to start looking, what parts of Colorado we should look into, and what areas are the safest and best places.

We will be moving into an apartment, 3-4 room is good, 1100 is the maximum we can pay, but we are looking for a GOOD apartment. More than 1100 might be possible but very iffy, depending on the location, amenities, and how well the apartment is.

Thank you guys, ill be looking forward to your input.

-Steven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 PM

OH AND.

New jobs for my mom, uncle, and me, would be great to be able to find. My mom can do pretty much anything, my uncle has his construction licenses and can drive any machine, and Im just a 15 year old teenager in desperate need of a job.

The jobs for my mom and uncle are direly important.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:54 PM

20 posts, read 54,445 times
Well if you don't want to live in a big city but a small city I would suggest either Colorado springs or pueblo because pueblo is one of the cheapest cities to live in and it is a nice city in my opinion.

Im not sure how the job market is in these 2 cities.

Last edited by survivor21; 08-20-2010 at 03:55 PM..

Old 08-20-2010, 02:55 PM

How are the activities, traffic, and employment rates up there?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:11 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Consider the Salt Lake City area as well. There are a number of smaller cities around there. New England and the Pacific NW might be of interest too. South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota if you can stand the cold.

Overall, I would recommend that your mom and uncle start researching finding work in many places in America right away. I wouldn't limit myself to Colorado if I were either of them. Do they have any contacts (i.e. a network) in their field of work anywhere else in America? If so, that may be a good area to start or even move to now.

Good luck. Keep going to school wherever you end up.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:26 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaskWins View Post
I wear shorts and a light shirt with low cut socks when it is 20 degrees here.
Celsius perhaps? I can't recall too many times when it's gotten into the 20s fahrenheit in FL.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:32 PM

We plan on moving in probably a year, after everything is taken care of and money is saved up. My mom has been out of work for a while now, and my uncle might have somewhere he could go to but unsure.

My mom and uncle have been through alot of places throughout the united states, and it seems as if my mom is pretty much set on colorado, plus I have looked at other states, and just something about colorado seems appealing to us over other states. But we will keep doing research.

And cava, I believe it got to 26 degrees F here over this last winter, when we had a massive cold chill and everything died. Was a pretty big issue down here for farmers and fishers.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:13 PM

401 posts, read 855,526 times
Steven, good luck in leaving FL. Make sure to save plenty as CO will be a little more expensive than FL. The hardest part is to line up jobs before moving. If they can do that, then ya'll will be in better shape for the move.

I too and looking to move to CO within a year or two, as I do not want to stay in (Tampa) FL the rest of my life. I am ready to get away from the heat, humidity, and hurricanes. I also want to have better schools for my two sons.
I have been researching the areas around Devner and asking questions via CityData users of CO. The people are very helpful here.

Take care and good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaskWins View Post
Hi everyone, let me explain the situation and story of what is going on here first.

I am 15, and currently live with my mom, dad, and 9 year old brother.

Me and my mom would love to move to CO, aswell as my little brother. My parents are going through some problems and I'm pretty sure they are separating. So, if we end up moving we have the opportunity to go to Colorado. My uncle on the other side of FL and it might be a possibility for him to come move with us when the time comes.

Me and my mom hate Florida with a passion, the heat, the humidity, there is absolutely nothing to do here what so ever, the people here are almost all ass-holes. We adapt to weather almost immediatly, heat doesnt bother us, nor does the cold. I wear shorts and a light shirt with low cut socks when it is 20 degrees here. We don't care much for the beach as we almost never go plus stupid BP went and ruined our beaches.

I longboard, incase you where wondering what that was heres a quick video. (please watch)
Copy and paste the link -
YouTube - Extreme Downhill Skateboarding/Longboarding

So as you can tell, hills are a bit important to me, and im sure my little brother and possibly my uncle will enjoy that too if they get into longboarding. In florida, the biggest hill we have is 1 foot off of the street level on a sidewalk going over a drain pipe.

We are all looking for an area, with good scenic views, not big big city, but not small town, small city either. Like right in the middle, plenty of people and (ALOT) of things for everyone to do. That is one of the main reasons we are moving out of florida, there is NOTHING to do what so ever for any of us at all. Low crime rate, nice people is a must, with an active community who dont just pull into there garages and go inside for the rest of their day.

Snowboarding and skiing is an interest we all share, and me and my brother would love to try it, we have never seen real snow. And if possible, not that important, but anywhere close to a gym, and indoor pool would be great.

The reason im asking for help, is we have no idea where to start looking, what parts of Colorado we should look into, and what areas are the safest and best places.

We will be moving into an apartment, 3-4 room is good, 1100 is the maximum we can pay, but we are looking for a GOOD apartment. More than 1100 might be possible but very iffy, depending on the location, amenities, and how well the apartment is.

Thank you guys, ill be looking forward to your input.

-Steven

Old 08-24-2010, 05:17 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,001,101 times
More expensive than FL? I just moved from Deland (40 min from Orlando) and I think things here are way cheaper overall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado