Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 11:08 PM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I enjoy them plus the Broadway shows we get and local theater groups, concerts etc. Not a bad mix considering we are only 160,000 people.
Whoa. Don't mislead people. I don't think you get Broadway casts. Heck, the school I was teaching in in the mid-70s did Fiddler On The Roof...that's not the same as saying you get Broadway shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 AM

26 posts, read 90,772 times
I'm from Colorado Springs and I dig Pueblo, and the thing about Pueblo is, if you're looking for trouble you're going to find it, but if you mind your business you'll be fine (there's no guarantees in life) but again you'll be ok. I used to like Pueblo when I was young it was a booming little city with the Steele Mill and all and life was prosperous, until the Mill shut down the city went down with it, same thing can happen in C Springs if Fort Cartoon closes, this city would be Screwed for lack of a better term. The culture there is great I'm part Italian as well as Hispanic, so you get the best of both worlds there, and it's like the desert southwest which I love, but to live there it would be a little to boring for me, I like being a little closer to Denver and the mountains..

Old 04-06-2011, 01:09 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Whoa. Don't mislead people. I don't think you get Broadway casts. Heck, the school I was teaching in in the mid-70s did Fiddler On The Roof...that's not the same as saying you get Broadway shows.
I get emails from many ticket sellers, and I don't recall seeing any tix for sale to events in Pueblo other than the State Fair.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I get emails from many ticket sellers, and I don't recall seeing any tix for sale to events in Pueblo other than the State Fair.
- Pueblo has the Broadway series at Memorial Hall that is going on 53 years. This month I am going to see Fiddler on the Roof. In fact Pueblo is spending 10 million dollars to completely renovate Memorial Hall so they can have more Broadway shows.

- Pueblo has a separate series at the stage theater at the Sangre De Cristo Art Center.

- Then in the summer Pueblo has a lot of concerts and events on the Riverwalk including the Wild Wild West fest, 4th of July celebration, Chili festival, "B" street bash, Festival Fridays at the Art Center, etc.

- Pueblo is going to build a "Theater in the round" at the Riverwalk next to the convention center that will have even more concerts all year round.

- The State Fair as was already mentioned with many free concerts and paid concerts

This is just some of the events that go on here that I think the OP would love to attend.

Last edited by Josseppie; 04-06-2011 at 07:15 PM..

Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas71 View Post
I'm from Colorado Springs and I dig Pueblo, and the thing about Pueblo is, if you're looking for trouble you're going to find it, but if you mind your business you'll be fine (there's no guarantees in life) but again you'll be ok. I used to like Pueblo when I was young it was a booming little city with the Steele Mill and all and life was prosperous, until the Mill shut down the city went down with it, same thing can happen in C Springs if Fort Cartoon closes, this city would be Screwed for lack of a better term. The culture there is great I'm part Italian as well as Hispanic, so you get the best of both worlds there, and it's like the desert southwest which I love, but to live there it would be a little to boring for me, I like being a little closer to Denver and the mountains..
This is so true. Pueblo could be in for a second renaissance if we get the proposed Colorado Energy Park. There is a lot of work that has to be done and I am talking about in the Pueblo energy thread but I am hopeful it will start construction by 2016.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:29 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
You'd better hope the PEDCO doesn't get its paws on this energy park or any other business coming to Pueblo or its employees will be making 5-7 bucks an hour and when these companies see their tax breaks disappear the minute the contracts expire, they'll pull out like Boeing and so many others.

What do you think happened to your Pueblo Ice House project? I tell you what happened. It fell through because they decided that nobody in Pueblo could afford to rent those high-end residential lofts nor that pricey shopping. If you were already rich, why would you move to Pueblo in the first place? For character building?

Old 04-07-2011, 12:54 AM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
- Pueblo has the Broadway series at Memorial Hall that is going on 53 years. This month I am going to see Fiddler on the Roof. In fact Pueblo is spending 10 million dollars to completely renovate Memorial Hall so they can have more Broadway shows....
I assume you're talking about: "Broadway Theatre League in Pueblo, CO is a private company categorized under Theatrical Production Services. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of less than $500,000 and employs a staff of approximately 1 to 4."

When I did a Google search for "Broadway + Pueblo", the top 3 hits were Broadway Appliance, Broadway Tavern & Grill, and Broadway Christian Church.

Most communities of any size have local theater companies. Heck, my home town of 3,000 has one. That's not the same as a community getting Broadway shows.

Pueblo is a decent place, but please be realistic about it.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You'd better hope the PEDCO doesn't get its paws on this energy park or any other business coming to Pueblo or its employees will be making 5-7 bucks an hour and when these companies see their tax breaks disappear the minute the contracts expire, they'll pull out like Boeing and so many others.

What do you think happened to your Pueblo Ice House project? I tell you what happened. It fell through because they decided that nobody in Pueblo could afford to rent those high-end residential lofts nor that pricey shopping. If you were already rich, why would you move to Pueblo in the first place? For character building?
Pueblo Ice House project had the same trouble the Gates project in Denver did, both were unable to get financing.

Your comment about PEDCo and the proposed Colorado Energy Park makes no sense as you are comparing apples to oranges.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I assume you're talking about: "Broadway Theatre League in Pueblo, CO is a private company categorized under Theatrical Production Services. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of less than $500,000 and employs a staff of approximately 1 to 4."

When I did a Google search for "Broadway + Pueblo", the top 3 hits were Broadway Appliance, Broadway Tavern & Grill, and Broadway Christian Church.

Most communities of any size have local theater companies. Heck, my home town of 3,000 has one. That's not the same as a community getting Broadway shows.

Pueblo is a decent place, but please be realistic about it.
I have seen great Broadway shows in Pueblo including but not limited to Avenue Q, TAPS, The Wizard of OZ, and I am going to see Fiddler on the roof next week. Plus, as I stated, Pueblo is spending 10 million dollars on Memorial Hall so they can use it for more Broadway shows and all year round. When the remodeling is complete there should be many more Broadway shows in Pueblo and I am excited for that and the OP should enjoy it if they like Broadway shows.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:13 PM

28 posts, read 101,435 times
Default CRIMEBEAT VANDALISM on 6-7 Apr 2011 "CRIMEBEAT NEWS"

Ok, can someone tell me whats up with all the vandalism that just happened this past week around the PCC area? I heard some low life was breaking car windows with rocks... See that kinda bothers me. The way I look at it is like this: I have the answer for home break-ins: Alarm w/monitoring, plus Mossberg 500 12ga 00 buck & DE . Auto thief: Alarm w/pager, but for some fool breaking my windows on my car then fleeing into the dark, or spray painting my vehicle a crappy color I dont want at night : Nothing... Do someone have some suggestions for that???? Well when I started this post I asked "Is Pueblo really really that bad?" well I'm almost starting to think it is.... Maybe some towns are just so far gone, that there is no recovering... I really hope I wont regret my decision to live there, so all these Army co-workers of mine can say "I told you so"...

Last edited by kiddd74; 04-09-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado