Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 12:41 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times

Advertisements

The answer for that?

Pueblo West.

The vandal punks know we all packin' out here and they'll get lost out here attempting their getaway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 01:25 PM

28 posts, read 101,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The answer for that?

Pueblo West.

The vandal punks know we all packin' out here and they'll get lost out here attempting their getaway.
It's sad to say it, but I think I'm starting to think that way now too McGowdog.. PW is the way to go.... Dont think I want to stand on guard duty all night waiting for some idiot to do something stupid, but believe me if it comes to it, I feel the best way to make a point is to make an example out of the first thief, which I love that game... the "shock & aww" value needs to be priceless..... The "Make your day law" was taliored made just for Pueblo..

Last edited by kiddd74; 04-09-2011 at 01:46 PM..

Old 04-09-2011, 01:53 PM

289 posts, read 776,187 times
McGowdog is right. While property crime can happen anywhere, you'll be a lot safer in the Pueblo West area. Pueblo West isn't perfect (overcrowded schools, lots of unpaved and under-maintained) roads, but it's a lot safer than living in Pueblo.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:21 PM

198 posts, read 1,279,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddd74 View Post
It's sad to say it, but I think I'm starting to think that way now too McGowdog.. PW is the way to go.... Dont think I want to stand on guard duty all night waiting for some idiot to do something stupid, but believe me if it comes to it, I feel the best way to make a point is to make an example out of the first thief, which I love that game... the "shock & aww" value needs to be priceless..... The "Make your day law" was taliored made just for Pueblo..
To echo what a previous poster said, Pueblo West is the best area in Pueblo. It's actually not too far fetched that the criminals would get lost on there getaway route. They would probably accidentally go off road, out of the neighborhood and get lost on the high desert lands of Pueblo. Just drive around the mian drags of Pueblo, and you'll see its a complete economic downer for sure. East 4th Street, Northern Ave, etc.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM

Default Update on move to Pueblo

Well, its been a month now, since I've moved to Pueblo, Co. My neighborhood is awesome with really good people too, more of a historical area. I miss this type of living, I like being back in a neighborhood, instead of living in some cookie cutter subdivision...,(no offense) anyone out there who lives in subdivisions. I've lived in them most of my adult life,I know its usually the safer way to go, but I perfer the inner city neighborhoods, since that's what I grew up living in. Family & I been doing alot of sight seeing... all over colorado... from Canyon, City to Cripple Creek, to colorado springs.. Of course I've seen many parts of Pueblo to include: Union District shopping area, riverwalk, Zoo, and a bunch of museums. Never seened so many antique stores in one area downtown....very cool. I have tried like 3 sloppers from different places, so far not really impress. I'm looking for a "Hot/Spicy" one. so far no luck. I've been told to check out sunset inn, so that will be next on my list. Well I will keep you posted on my Pueblo adventures, but so far 1 month and all is well. PS: just for the record P.West Wal-Mart is very nice, way better than Pueblo.. The one on Northern Ave is kinda old and ghetto, but the one on Dillon is pretty good..lol Still wouldnt trade pueblo for P.West.. P.West is just "typical" living , but again nothings wrong with that.. just stating, and not trying to upset anyone..

Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Glad you like Pueblo! I think I know the area you live and its a great neighborhood. I have said many times if I did not have my families house on the south side that my grandparents had built in 1959 I would live in downtown.

As far as sloppers. You should try Sunset Inn and I am told 2 and 9 has goos sloppers too. Another place that has good chili is the restaurant in the bowling alley at midtown. There is a Wal-Mart on the south side of town of Pueblo BLVd and Northern.

Last edited by Josseppie; 06-20-2011 at 10:23 PM..

Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 PM

352 posts, read 797,549 times
kiddd74, have you been over to the Pueblo Nature Center/Raptor Center, and Coyote Grille restaurant off of Pueblo Blvd? Sweet place for the whole family, along the Arkansas River, can get a bit crowded esp. on summer weekends. Nice spot if you don't have time or inclination to get further out of town.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:57 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
I need to try that restaurant. I always forget about it down there.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:25 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Kidd, I got an opinion; sunset grille will disappoint as well. You'll get a big plate full of award-winning disappointment.

If you put green Chile on a flour based hamburger bun, that's just gross. Coors tavern's red chili slopper is the way to go. Last time I had one there, it did need a dash of salt though.

I can't think of many Pueblo restaurants that make a hot enough green Chile. I suppose you could request it.

A unique dining experience is Patti's half-breed or the Polk Street Special at Martinez Cafe.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Kidd, I got an opinion; sunset grille will disappoint as well. You'll get a big plate full of award-winning disappointment.

If you put green Chile on a flour based hamburger bun, that's just gross. Coors tavern's red chili slopper is the way to go. Last time I had one there, it did need a dash of salt though.

I can't think of many Pueblo restaurants that make a hot enough green Chile. I suppose you could request it.

A unique dining experience is Patti's half-breed or the Polk Street Special at Martinez Cafe.
Hey McGowdog
Yes I do see Martinez resturant all the time when when i'm walking around the neighborhood, in the morning.. I have thought about going there. The last slopper I got was from a place downtown called the golden saloon "i think thats the name". Wasnt to impressed with it thou. They did give me a choice of green or red peppers, I chosen green, since it seemed more "Pueblo like" Red peppers would of been more texas style.. "just my opionion".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado