Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:01 AM

6 posts, read 16,107 times

Advertisements

i too am considering a move..
I'm in Irvine, CA and currently RENT an apt (1200 sq. ft) for $2k/MONTH!!!!
how ridiculous is that?!?!?
We're looking at Castle Rock, HR, Littleton, Parker, Aurora, or Golden... I think i have passed the fantasy stages and have moved onto more of a reality
we'll be there Nov 8-11 looking at communities
I'm looking at around $300k purchase price, in any of the South Denver suburbs (close to where i'd xfer for work).
Possibly in a nice school district for when we have children.
all the other nice amenities i could ask for
any other advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patblue03 View Post
We're looking at Castle Rock, HR, Littleton, Parker, Aurora, or Golden... I think i have passed the fantasy stages and have moved onto more of a reality
I'm looking at around $300k purchase price, in any of the South Denver suburbs (close to where i'd xfer for work).
any other advice?
If your job is in the south Denver area, you might consider Castle Rock or Larkspur too. Living in either of these places would allow you to commute fairly comfortably to both Colorado Springs AND Denver - two places to look for work.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 PM

79 posts, read 485,072 times
Hello Patblue03,

Fellow OC resident here (Tustin Ranch). Same situation: Rent $2k/mo., sick of seeing all the cash strapped wanna be's driving cars they can't afford, hitting every red light on my way to work, and developers trying to move our generation into high rise condos.

My wife and I too are looking to move to Colorado (Greater Denver Metor Area) . We spent a week last April and drove through the beautiful state from Colorado Springs all the way to Ft. Collins. I did notice that Coloradoans do drive fast over there, but the roads seem pretty open compared to So Cal. Westminster and Thorton, just north of Denver. And make sure you visit Estes Park.

We should have our 20% down by May, and then we are out of here and not looking back. Won't even miss the beaches. They are polluted anyway.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:41 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patblue03 View Post
any other advice?
Castle Rock is a very reasonable commute to the southern part of the DTC (about 20 minutes from neighborhoods near I-25). Parker is a little longer, depending on where you live. Larkspur may turn out to be more than you bargained for in the midst of winter, but check it out for yourself when you get here. Parker and Castle Rock are suburban with lots of kids, etc., while Larkspur is more rural. All are in Douglas County and have good schools. Your target price for a house is very doable in CR & Parker. I'm not sure about Larkspur.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,640 times
Our income is $50,000 a year. Could we afford to live in Durango? My husband works at Lowes and would have to commute to Farmington, New Mexico and I am a substitute teacher. Could probably get some work in Durango substitute teaching. Does anyone know if there are mountains and green land in Farmington, New Mexico?

Old 10-04-2007, 04:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,640 times
Default Could we afford to live in Durango?

Our income is $50,000 a year. Could we afford to live in Durango? My husband works at Lowes and would have to commute to Farmington, New Mexico and I am a substitute teacher. Could probably get some work in Durango substitute teaching. Does anyone know if there are mountains and green land in Farmington, New Mexico? Oh and we have no children.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 7,689 times
If you like the mountain views, rivers, fishing, hunting, moderate temperatures, check into Montrose, CO. We even have a new Penny's and Target is joining our town in about a week. It's growing but still averages about 25,000 people. It's a wonderful place to raise a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado