Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 01:19 PM

34 posts, read 66,347 times

Advertisements

Did you see this thread?
Rock/Crystal Hunting in Colorado?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 01:46 PM

8,499 posts, read 8,794,511 times
Mt. Antero and Lake George areas are further out but have received some publicity for rockhounding prospects.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:27 PM

4 posts, read 15,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Mt. Antero and Lake George areas are further out but have received some publicity for rockhounding prospects.
Thank you. Yeah a bit far away. Not a real avid collector. At home mostly have arrow heads and a few nice shiny rocks like turquoise, pyrite, and my biggest find a small geode. I am a rank amateur, not even a novice. I can find arrow heads, and once in a while doing so I find a rock.

I am really looking for something around the loop of Pikes Peak from Manitou Springs, Cripple Creek, Canyon City back up to COS. I like creek and river bottoms because that is where to find arrow heads. I just do not know what creeks and river bottoms I can go to without getting into trouble. Might even take a pan and sift through river gravel. Just vacation tourist hobby stuff. Not looking to take a Motherload. just a rock ot two to add to my collections. Purely past time pleasure.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:45 PM

Thanks I think I got this figured out. Did some research, picked up some hints here and pulled out the TOPO maps. Someone tell me if I am on the right track.

Go west out of Broadmoore on Old Stage Coach Road up to Gold Camp Road. Anywhere along the creek beds and mountain slope of St Peter's Dome?

Does that sound about right?

Only question I have left is how much of that is public land or BLM up to Gold Camp Road? I assume Private is posted.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Could try to contact that guy above or this group Home | The Colorado Springs Mineralogical Society
Check, did that, left message for call back

[quote=NW Crow;39517644][url="https://books.google.com/books?id=oS2sM1-eSRUC&pg=PA14&lpg=PA14&dq=colorado+springs+rockhou nding&source=bl&ots=ZGQC4M9MHV&sig=iCOx9NNozpLtSS6 m5aVaeCcrMj0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=w- [/QUOTE]

Down loaded book. Thank you very much

Old 05-23-2015, 05:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,219 times
Hello there, The misses and I are in love with Quartz's! Could you please tell me some spots to take her to find them, here in the Springs and surrounding areas? I wont tell anyone but her about the spots also. I know how it is when you find such lovely places of beauty, that you don't want spoiled. You can email me at the address below. Thanks much in advance!

pleiadianstarseed7@gmail.com

Old 06-06-2015, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,086 times
Hey you guys!!! My name is Beth Davis, my family and I just moved to Pueblo from Dallas, Tx and I feel like I am in heaven!! I am a crystal, rock fanatic as well. I want to know all you guys lol!!

Old 06-08-2015, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 6,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodybethdavis View Post
Hey you guys!!! My name is Beth Davis, my family and I just moved to Pueblo from Dallas, Tx and I feel like I am in heaven!! I am a crystal, rock fanatic as well. I want to know all you guys lol!!
Hello Beth! We live in the Springs close to Pueblo. Looking for people to go rockhounding with. Feel free to email me
if you are interested. It will be my wife and I. Talk soon!

Old 06-29-2015, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,053 times
My 11 yr.old son and I will be in the CO Springs area in early August 2015 for about a week. We are looking for free or PAY opportunities to collect Amazonite and Smoky Quartz. Any info is greatly appreciated!

I have some of my personal mineral collection online at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rmcwil...57623090479884

Thanks in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado